test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Briana: thanks... *sits down with her food* I'm sorry.

Freeman: just looking out the window. Are you a warrior?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Kurata: I am. All Jem'hadar are born to be warriors. battle is our existence and victory is life.

Reina: Its okay Briana. I was just trying to help.

Oculus: Its about the wild west, a time period on earth, the human's of this galaxy's homeworld were there was a lot of untamed wilderness with people running wild with smugglers and criminals a lot like some of the planets back home.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Briana: I know....... *quietly eats her food*

Freeman: *Silently nods, placing the grapefruit on his shoulder* You look bored.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,897 Arc User
    jorin: it has a certain aesthetic to it ill give it that. so this is more of a historical program then?

jaessa: *looking around* interesting. *she feels one of the buildings* hmm its made of wood. ive never seen this kind of construction before.

evelynn: what is there to do around here?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Kurata: My god has bid me to get more aquainted with... "civilian" life. To better understand my allies. However everywhere I go, the people look upon me with disdain, and a hint of fear. Only a handful have been willing to talk to me directly, and none wish to interact furthur. I do not know if he knew this would happen, and that it is simply more for me to deal with.

Oculus: Plenty, we could run a bounty hunter simulation, a rescue the damsel, a bar room brawl, there's quite a few ones, I just preloaded the environment. Also we'll need guns. *she programs in a gun rack with western weapons on it*

(Just got my new modem and router, still need to get gigabit internet though.
    Freeman: Civilian life? Good luck with that. Warrior to Warrior, I can tell you it isn't going to be easy for you. Your "god" may have known this and considered it a path you need to take. You can call me, Freeman.

Briana: *eats quietly. Keeping her sad looking eyes on her plate*
    evelynn: i have never fired a blaster before... *she takes a revolver looking it over* are these any different?

jorin: *takes a revolver examining it curiously* these blasters are strange but seem to have the fundamental design of any pistol
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Oculus: These are a bit different. They fire a physical projectile instead of an energy bolt, so there's generally more recoil, though for this I can set the recoil lower.

Kurata: I am Kurata'zun, Honored First in the dominion. I believe he wishes me to understand how... tenacious these people are, why countless wars have failed to keep them down, even when the enemy force appears superior such as our own a long time ago.

Reina: It will be alright Briana...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    *Surprise Ezri hug for Briana*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Briana: *Hugs Ezri back tightly* I hope so

Freeman: my people have a thing for not letting wars keep us down too. Honored first sounds like quite the title.
    Evelynn: *holds the pistol out and pulls the trigger. The recoil stumbling her back as she lets out a frightened squeak.* it’s loud!

Jaessa: *holds on to evelynn steadying her* be careful eve you could get hurt!
    Oculus: You can't, the safeties are on. See? *she picks up a revolver and points it at her own arm then fires, the bullet passing through her as if she didn't exist* We are incapable of being injuries seriously. I mean... you might be able to get a scrape, but nothing bad.

Kurata: Well... by human standards I would likely be considered something similar to an Admiral or General, except for my people its a bit different. There's only one person who outranks me, outside of the Vorta and the Founders, my gods.
    Freeman: *Nods* interesting. I dont know if you can tell, but I'm not exactly from here. Have you ever seen armor like mine before?

Briana: *still hugging Ezri*
    jaessa: this is new...

evelynn: quite....

jorin: so a bar fight?
    Krystal: All we can do is give it time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (Sorry, thanksgiving and black friday have kept me super busy. I had to do 2 seperate thanksgivings for different parts of my family. I also got a 4k tv and an xbox one x, switch lite thanks to some great deals.)

Oculus: Sure! To start it we need to head into the saloon, it will begin automatically.

Kurata: It seems vaguely reminiscent of some designs my people use for our vanguard armor. But I've never seen it specifically no.

Reina: I agree.
    edited December 2019
    Briana: maybe for you it might work. But for jakara she's.... a vampire. It's hard for her to die.... she's so old, she could sleep for a thousand years and not much would change. I dont have that that amount of patience to "give it time." So at the very least I can go vent in a holodeck.

Freeman: Its Mandalorian armor. Made from Beskar steel. Some also call it Mandalorian Iron. It's significant in my culture. Some clans don't even remove their helmets in front of aruetii... I mean... outsiders. Luckily I'm not part of a clan like that. I'm still being weary about taking off my helmet here though.
    jaessa: well lets head to the saloon. *makes her way to it.*

jorin: this should be interesting.

evelynn: im not sure this is a good idea....

jakara: *walks down a hall way looking back suddenly as a loud discharge from a pistol is heard. the bullet passing thru her with a mist like effect hitting the deck floor which causes a small crater. a voice speaks out from the shadows.*

???: i thought i sensed another vampire here, tho your presence has you sticking out like a sore thumb.

jakara: so you finally show your face, i know you've been watching for a long time now so what do you want. *she scowls*

alucard: no introductions? simply straight to the point i see. well you may call me alucard. *a tall pale man wearing a wide red brimmed hat and long tatterd red victorian like coat steps out, he has shoulder length black hair draping down to his neck and orange tinted eye glasses on.* i knew there was something different with you... you seem old, far older then i am at least, who are you?

jakara: oh gee thanks, might as well call me a great grandma while yer at it. but fine, im jakara.
    Reina: I doubt she would really sleep for a thousand years. Even the oldest of the elders I know could only sleep for at most a few decades, but generally I guess the others in my clan wouldn't let them sleep.

Kurata: Why? These people wouldn't bother a second glance at you, if anything you would probably stand out even more to them by wearing it.

Oculus: I've got a bad feeling about this. *she follows Jaessa. Once the group enters, the simulated patrons start moving around like in a normal western setting though one man bumps into another and as the two argue drunkenly he throws a punch, sending him crashing into a table and suddenly the bar erupts in a fight*
    jorin: *puts on his helmet getting hit by a random drunk. the drunk holds his hand in pain as jorin elbows him in the face knocking the man down.*

jaessa: *fluidly jab combos a drunkard into the ground then quickly twists around spin kicking a woman across the room causing her to slam against the wall.*

evelynn: *bobs and weaves around the chaos not taking a single hit as she dodges and moves her way to the front counter, finding a bottle of fruit juice and a chair to sit in while she sips it*

alucard: well it is nice to meet you. i can tell that compared to you i am but a nascent child. you are an ancient vampire deserving of respect. a true warrior of no equal

jakara: *lets out a joking moan* oh yeah work the shaft..... did you come here to suck my TRIBBLE or do you have a point for bothering me.

alucard: ..... i was not expecting such vulgarity but to each their own, i simply wished to converse face to face with so interesting a vampiress.

jakara: yeah yeah im an elder vampire and old as sh*t. so you just came to admire me or something... whered you even come from?

alucard: i am here to show my respect to an elder vampire and offer a hand in friendship, it is not often i meet a vampire of your standing.
    Briana: No, she would. I'm pretty sure I know the love of my own life better. Especially when she's outright said it. When she outright says stuff like *takes on a parodied tone of jakara* "could care less about mortals. They live so shortly their lives are practically worthless." *drops the tone, sounding monotone* and.... she says I was the one that changed her view of stuff like that. But apparently not really because she still has that mindset... *sighs* I feel like I've accomplished nothing sometimes....

Freeman: I may stand out. But they can't see my face. That's all that matters to me. As for why... it might cause problems. I will leave it at that and move on. Do you have quarters on this station or on a ship?
    Krystal: Well... I... can't help with any of that. And kinda sounds like no one back home could either.
    (Sorry, been having trouble with my bank account the past couple of days as in, money I was supposed to be paid isn't arriving in and I've been trying to figure it out.)

*Oculus dodges and weaves, mostly just countering any of the drunkards trying to hit her as everyone tries to hit everyone else*

Kurata: I have mine on my own ship. There are quarters on the station, but I doubt they would allow one of my people to stay in one.

*Reina sighs and just plays with Alexis*
    edited December 2019
    Freeman: why do you say that?

Briana: Yeah.... *sighs putting her plate aside and rests her head on the table*
    jaessa: *throws one of the assailants into a wall and right hooks then upper cuts another.*

jorin: *head butts a drunkard knocking him out twisting around close fisted back handing one trying to sneak behind him. the drunk is sent flailing to the ground.*

evelynn: *kicks her feet as she sits in a bar stool watching everything go on.*
    (Sorry, been setting up my new computer all day. Also having to redownload everything.)

Kurata: You must be from a species outside of this quadrant to not know. The Dominion fought a long and bloody war against the federation and the other powers in this area of space. It was brutal, and it was only through a... "divine" intervention that they really managed to turn the tide against us. We eventually left, but despite the new peace, people still hold a grudge.

*Oculus spin kicks a man, sending him through a group of other people, sending them all crashing down*
    Freeman: I did say I wasnt from around here after all. Another galaxy. I'm Mandalorian, it's more than just the armor I'm wearing. Bet it's no fun sitting here where you think nobody wants you around.

Briana: *picks her head up* i... made food for you guys just in case you didnt see it. I'm gonna just... y'know... head out.... do the holodeck thing I was going to do. I'd just drag everyone else down staying here right now.
    Kurata: Think, implies that there's a possibility that what I told you isn't factual. No, many of the people here do indeed hate me just for being here. I'm a sign of a terrible wound in their minds. A war that potentially claimed their loved ones years ago. Some are atleast professional about it. I think the Founder wanted me to see as well, that even though they've agreed to help us, it will take work from both sides to mend the damage. and I haven't heard of any trips outside the galaxy lately. *he raises an eyebrow*

Reina: Stay safe Bri...
    Freeman: just one ship. Nothing special. Our leader brought us here and we only arrived a few hours ago. He came for his own reasons and I followed.... I came for my own too. One that only one another person knows about.

Briana: I'll try... I guess... *stands up, starting to walk towards the exit*
    jaessa: *looks around* i think their all out cold...

jorin: seems like it.