test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    Dundee: Nah, Nah, I'm good mate. Just send me down. Given that fancy Pad over there, I'm guessing I gotta step on that.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *the feline nods and waits for dundee to step on the pad, then beams him down to the resort boardwalk as soon as he does* (beam-in is obviously where players show up when they beam down to risa)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Dundee: *looks around, taking it all in* this is gonna be just like Sydney. Isnt it? Some kinda tourist trap. Kinda reminds me of Bondi beach
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    *the risian tour guide lady that most STO players tend to ignore walks up to dundee and greets him in typical risian fashion (because i have no forking clue) and offers him a map/event schedule/activity guide, advising him that if he has any further questions about the lohlunat festival to seek out any of the natives and they will gladly answer his questions, finally wishing him a pleasant stay on risa before moving off to greet another new arrival*

(i mean...you know how risa works and cryptic actually manages to explain things reasonably well for once in regards to the activities and things, so i don't actually need to go into detail, i hope?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Dundee: *shrugs and walks off*
  • Options
    *as he looks over the boardwalk, a powerboard race is just finishing and several people come zooming though the finish line amid wild cheers from various humans, humanoids and alien species, including several of the ones he's already seen aboard the ursini...and just beyond the finish line hovering out over the deeper portion of the lagoon is an absolutely MASSIVE vessel* (because as i remembered, last year was the vogon minelayer since we're still in 2418, not 19 yet)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: is that one of the ships they're giving away? Looks aesthetically nightmarish. And are those tiger stripes? Who the hell puts tiger stripes on a starship? Who designed this thing, a twelve year old that just got back from a trip to the zoo?
  • Options
    vorgons, actually *a voice says from behind dundee*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: *looks behind him*
  • Options
    *the speaker is a feline similar to the one in the transporter room, but this one has chocolate-colored fur with an almost skull-like white facepaint pattern across his muzzle and a long tail ending in a puff, almost like a lion's tail - and his uniform is completely different from those the imperium wears, being that of a starfleet engineering division sierra-type (i forget which) and bearing the starfleet delta commbadge across his left chest - though, naturally dundee likely wouldn't know which faction this uniform belongs to*

(unless he managed to look it up in the brief interim between them arriving at those quarters and when koda came to visit - and this is one of my actual characters; rak'shasa, a caitian using one of the ferasan warpaints)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: And who are you with exactly?
  • Options
    *the caitian raises an eyebrow - or what passes for one on his species* i am rear admiral rak'shasa of starfleet - i would think this would have quickly given it away *he motions to the aforementioned starfleet delta badge* there aren't many places in the explored regions of the galaxy who haven't at least heard of us in passing by now​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: I mean, I think I heard the computer say something about Starfleet when I asked about... a certain person. But before thay, nope. Not even an inkling.
  • Options
    rak'shasa: you are...human, are you not? how can you not know of starfleet?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: *shrugs* Just woke up.
  • Options
    rak'shasa: yes, you seem to have been asleep for over 250 years *the feline says dryly*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: something like that I guess *still dressed in his Red mechanic jumpsuit. In the Risan sun, Oil stains and some sketchy chalk like residue is more visible. There is also a nametag with the Name "Max."*
  • Options
    (that's...really not the kind of information you want to be freely volunteering to a starfleet officer if you want to be staying under their radar)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (He also smells of alcohol, the officer could just assume it's a drunk that's agreeing to things for the sake of agreeing and moving on)
  • Options
    rak'shasa: right...*he says, clearly not believing the odiously drunken human* well, you may wish to freshen up a little before you begin any of the activities here - showers and restrooms are that way *he points in the appropriate direction* enjoy your vacation *he then sets off for a nearby changing hut* (i don't know if they actually have bathrooms/rinse showers like the ones you see at beaches for cleaning sand and other debris off yourself...but they do here)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: Sucker. *turns and continues to walk, unsure of where to go*
  • Options
    (check the guide and find out where to get one of those snazzy powerboards?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*snoutrams*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Wut?)
  • Options
    (he wanted to surf, so get him over to the powerboard shop!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (He meant actual surfing.)

Dundee: *walks*
  • Options
    (i'm not sure you can do that - the same risian weather control system that makes the planet not-ferenginar probably also keeps the tides in check too)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (That's depressing)
  • Options
    (so, what the hell am i even supposed to do if he won't go powerboarding? this is why we need more GMs - i hate GMing)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: *walks off towards the jungle*