test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (so, rattler...you gonna be going for the D7sco connie when it comes out? someone nuts enough to grind out all 3 (or have you gotten the disco one now too?) megapacks should be able to manage 1.5b EC no problem

also, i wanna apologize for attacking you like i did two weeks ago...you definitely didn't deserve being snapped at like that since all you were trying to do was defuse things)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    Oculus: Sorry. *she blushes a little and stops* Are you like me, little one? Seeing the world as I do?

Jamie: Which one? I think she should have gotten the Odyssey class right about now...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    (Thanks for apologizing for that Shadow.

As for the Connie... my EC grind game is not as good as my Zen grind. I may be space rich in assets, but certainly not in ECs. I may be able to make some decent Zen off Admiralty via a goup of alts... but I still have to figure out how to acquire more than about 1 mil ECs (give or take) a day without burning out. Maybe I should get back into crafting tech upgrades and weapons on my main...

As much as I would love to have her... I'm gonna have to accept that I will probably not see her or the D7. Only reason I have a Temporal Connie is because a friend gave me one for Christmas. And I don't have the Romulan pack. Got most of it seperate over time however so really not much more it can give me other than a couple titles and outfits.)

Krystal: So do I Reina. Maybe after all this we can talk about something.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2019
    (buy promo packs when they hit 14m or so during promo events - like the one about to start - then store them until they raise in price a bit...if you can get away with 16m or higher, take the chance, but mainly once they hit 15m is probably the best time to sell

and the nice thing about promo packs...you don't have to just buy them with CREDITS when they're cheap - you can also spend zen if you have any stockpiled, especially while the 4-packs are on sale

and same principle applies to zen/dil too - buy zen during phoenix or a week or two after a new holding comes out, sell during periods of exchange spike...like a popular ship about to be released)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (To be fair the romulan pack sucks. So there's no reason to buy it. I've got a Billion EC saved up, I'll grab the disco connie myself. It will probably be the only promo ship I ever get, but it looks too good to pass up. Also best way to earn millions of ecs is to convert Zen into promo packs and sell those. Especially if you keep them till after the promo ends. Sometimes they jump from 13 mil to 22 mil is the highest I've seen.)

Reina: Talk about what?
    (Well... if I wasn't saving up for the Flight Deck Assault Cruisers, as I plan on making a Pocket Spamtrox on my Romulan and figured why not get the whole set, I might have stockpiled a few boxes. Maybe even opened one or two, although the Random Number Gods hate me.

Wonder what Infinity Boxes are going for right now. I've got a supply...)

Krystal: Maybe... another kid sometime. But we can talk about that later, when we're not faced with a crisis.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2019
    (probably 100 EC per stack of 100, since the assbutts made them claimable for free...

also, 22m for promo packs is VERY unlikely to ever happen again now that they're back on semi-regular promo events...delta doff packs, on the other hand - ALWAYS buy those when you can, because they don't come around nearly as often)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(oh, another possible good way to make lots of EC - but it requires patience and already-existing capital - is to buy up GOOD lockbox shirt while it's the current one and hold them until the box ends...just make sure to sell everything before it then becomes infinitized

like, the boronite consoles from the S31 for example of something being good - they're nearly 3m when most universal consoles never break 1m, so there must be something decent about them)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Reina: Another kid? I'd like that. *she smiles in a soft, motherly way* Besides we haven't done... it since I was resurrected.
    (uh oh...more foxpires)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,151 Arc User
    Briana: *shrugs, taking out her PADD and starting to play some old game on it*

Nick: *sips his whisky as he waits for Martok's response*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Krystal: Yea... we haven't. And I'd like to, but I have a feeling we're not gonna get much downtime dealing with the Hur'q.
    (well, you're gonna need at least a month of downtime to let the lexington finish up its upgrade if you want it in time for doomed to repeat, tedious tourniquet and home)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(IMO the one on the Hur'q homeworld makes for a MUCH BETTER Halloween map than Hearts and Minds. I'm kinda tired of Hearts and Minds honestly. Also I don't have as much trouble with the Zero G parts due to all the time I've spent on Risa with a floater.)
    (too twisty for me...and having a jump-or-die sequence in a game with a very lousy jump mechanic is....not fun

elder scrolls and fallout have the same issue, which is why i'm glad bethesda never put too many such sequences in their games)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Martok: And I owe you a debt, then. (Looks at Nick) If Fate led me down this path, then Fate is a instrument of Chaos, then.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    Nick: Its a matter of perspective Really. *downs the rest of his drink* and if there is something you can help with I will let you know. But right now, I think a drink is in order. Something stronger. What do you say, General? *smiles* if I can still call you General ,that is.

Briana: Quick survey. What are the music genres everyone dislikes here. I kinda wanna play some music but not if it annoys everybody.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Oculus: Metal and Country.

Jamie: Mostly country.

Reina: True... *she sighs*
    Martok: General, OldTarg, Mongrel, i have gone by many names, so it matters not to me. Alas, I can not partake in an inebriating drink tonight. (Sighs) The days of a young warrior are gone, now a leader of warriors, who must take care not to fall asleep looking over reports, and tables, I miss being simple Warrior.

ONyssa: Oh, nothing pop, please. Mom's extensive playlist shows that pop music has not changed in 500 years.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,900 Arc User
    Jakara: you already know my dislikes. I'm good with anything.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Briana: so no Metal, Country or Pop.... hell I can understand disliking country and pop... but metal? That severely limits my options...

Nick: Being a Klingon General, I guess you only drink at Victory parties now. I won't keep you here any longer than you need to be. I wish you a good evening. Be seeing you. *nods to martok*
    ONyssa: And no Klingon covers. I still have nightmares about Fiona trying to sing Klingon covers.

Martok: Not exactly, but trying to fight a foe with both arms and a leg removed is not something I was to do either.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Briana: hadn't even considered that.

Nick: you're still here today though. Wait... what do you mean both arms and a leg removed? Like... removed from you or the Enemy... or is this a medaphor that went right over my head at first glance?
    jakara: me and briana are metal heads. hey bri since jaessa is my counterpart you think shed like it too?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Martok: That only volunteers from the Empire will be in this fight with our hated foes.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: *hugs Reina* We'll find the time.
    Briana: I mean.... Maybe?

Nick: only volunteers? That is fighting with both arms and a leg removed... I honestly never expected to see a day where the Klingon Empire wouldn't fight their foe head on.

At least what Klingons that will be fighting, will be lead by one of the greatest Klingon Generals I know. You'll give 'em hell
    jakara: i should show her a few songs.
    Martok: Maybe, but I rather fight with all my extremities. Seems the Chancellor in his infinate wisdom has our best interest at heart. While i understand we have born alot, it is no more and no less then our Allies so far.

ONyssa: You don't live with her. She is a good singer, just not trying to do a tenor or bass.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Briana: sure. Showing her a few songs might work. I know it was said no Klingon covers or metal. But I feel like adding that Klingon metal is pretty good.

Nick: I know that we can win. We need to against this. When the time comes we'll fight side by side and show them that we won't go down quietly. Until then we'll have to go our separate ways and do our own parts to win this war.