test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*continues stabbing*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    (and where the hell is raneson anyway? last i checked, she was on the tepes for some weird reason)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    (Apparently that's Raneson punishment for the court martial thing. Demotion and being put on the tepes)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (...why? if anything, she should be assigned to the lexington)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Idk. Cause that's what Seven chose.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    (Yeah the demotion thing me and Seven agreed upon but I always assumed Raneson would want to be reassigned to the Lexington)

Oculus: I got here a few minutes ago. *she blushes able to see through Jaessa's attempt to cover herself but respectfully looking away* I was going to check on you but you were... preoccupied.

S'zer: Oh why does everything have to go bad now? *He groans as he hears the red alert* Come on I guess we have work to do.

Ethrit: They do have cinemas yes, and holo theaters. And... some other types of entertainment like that. I have zero idea what they have to watch however as although the technology seems... worse than from my time I assume that they are not still showing the same movies three thousand years later. If those movies even still exist.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    (well, data, much like energy, can't really be destroyed once it hits the internet - or whatever the SW equivalent is - so i imagine whatever holovids existed 4,000 years ago still exist SOMEWHERE​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2019
    (THe holonet was destroyed previously so the data would've been lost. During the dark ages war that made technology have to restart the holonet was wiped from existence though it apparently was recreated once more but any information that had been on it was lost.)
    (My First Sergeant always used to say Assumption makes an A** out of you and me. And before anyone asks. ROTC in high school. He was in the 82nd Airborne. Good guy. But yeah, Seven chose the Tepes. Doesnt always need to be the Lexington.)

Briana: That sounds fun. Would suggest trying to get everyone from the ship together to see one... but eh, might not be all that good. I may as well set up a projector on the ship and put on all the John Wick movies.
    (i don't see how that's even possible, since most of its infrastructure is suspended in hyperspace...of course, i don't know how THAT is possible either)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Basically just everything capable of sustaining it or storing it was destroyed along with basically all technology in general. The war got so bad that the knowledge of hyperspace travel was lost. By the end of the war you had people fighting with spears and swords, and I don't mean vibro either just plain medieval weapons because apparently everyone who knew how to make anything was killed because of how violent it got. The only thing I could possibly have seen surviving is the planet that was devoted solely to storing all holonet information, the entire planet being converted into a data bank and its massive asteroid rings converted as well, and I only see that surviving because it was a super closely guarded secret but it probably was destroyed along with everything else.)
    (yeah, i'm also not seeing anything on a war THAT destructive - the only thing even remotely close to that was the new sith wars, but even that said the holonet wasn't destroyed, just that the republic could no longer afford to maintain it outside the core worlds)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I can't remember what the war was called just that apparently because of the climate the Jedi were feudal warlords ruling over planets because of the regression)
    (yeah, that was the new sith wars, but again, the holonet was never destroyed, it just fell into disrepair outside the core because of a lack of upkeep

the closest it ever came to being destroyed was during the yuuzhan vong invasion after they created that biot that could track holonet transmissions, follow them to the nearest relay and suicide into it by creating a singularity - but even THAT only got a few relays before the war ended)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Well I'm just assuming the holonet was destroyed because clearly a ton of knowledge was lost somewhere since the Current empire and the republic before the clone wars lacked significant amounts of techology and weapons that were created during the days of the old republic.)
    (Maybe it wasn't destroyed only reset and the planet storing all of its data was destroyed or lost to time)
    (it...doesn't seem like the holonet has a central repository - the same way the internet doesn't, and why it's impossible to take down the entire internet without something like a global EM pulse)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(The Holonet kind of did but I don't know if the planet was like directly connected to the functionality of the holonet, I only know that every bit of information ever put on the holonet from anywhere was stored there.(
    (what planet? there is nothing on the holonet page that even REMOTELY suggests data is stored at any central point)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I can't find the name of it but the imperial agent goes to it at the end of their story in Star Wars the old republic and steals something called the Black Codex from it that enables them to wipe their identity from the holonet as if they never existed, so I suppose that might mean that the planet is either a central point for the holonet or that it is possible for some kind of logic bomb to just erase all data on the holonet. I can't find the name written anywhere and for some reason in swtor my lore tab is missing a bunch of stuff from the agent story even though my character completed it years ago.)
    (uh...the wiki says the black codex is obtained from the star cabal headquarters - which has nothing to do with the holonet)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2019
    (The codex was made on the planet I'm talking about and then the cabal(star wars illuminati) took it back to their headquarters. They had planned to use the codex to destroy both the republic and the sith empire but I don't really remember how they were planning to do that, but something about the codex's ability made it possible.)
    (Oh I remember why they wanted to do it, they wanted to wipe out all force users in the galaxy. Believing them to solely be the cause of all the problems and I remember how now, they were going to use the codex to give both the Republic and the Jedi, and the Sith Empire all the secrets of either side, every hidden base, every individual of importance, everything, they wanted them to both kill each other until there was nothing left or atleast until the cabal could swoop in and kill anything that remained.)
    (a noble goal, since the jedi and sith pretty much ARE responsible for most of the major problems the galaxy has been through over the millennia)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(But basically, regardless of if the planet is the center of the holonet or just stores the information, the black codex was made and was capable of completely erasing some information from the entire holonet permanently so it means that potentially something similar was made in the future and used to wipe the holonet clean. Its all just theory mostly but it makes sense. And the goal sort of makes sense but as the sith have proven time and again, absolute annihilation cannot stop them from returning and force users will keep on being born. Eventually some new force user would rise up even if they succeeded and would either rebirth the jedi or the sith starting the cycle anew. Also this is getting super off topic for the threat but to be honest no one else seems to be on.)
    (the only way to end the threat of force users permanently is to sever everyone in the galaxy from the force)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I've been on. Just had nothing to add.... anyone wanna talk about something else?)
    (Well I would say more stuff with Ethrit but without Hoan as the waiter we'll just wind up hitting a block there, and I'm stuck waiting on other people for all other avenues for myself.)

(I'm open to any topics for discussion)
    (there's nothing to talk about, though; there was nothing to talk about yesterday morning either)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Any one see John Wick 3?)