test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Gaia: Sure Nick. *looks at Rose* She never was one to just do nothing. Even before I came, she was a hands on Captain. Always leading, never just ordering.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    Nick: I can relate a bit to that. I never had people to get me to take a step back and rest before though. Krystal is lucky to have everybody here...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (kind of like alex...he never sat back in a protected bunker or command post or what-have-you, even during his teen years - he was always out on the front lines fighting among his team, adventuring group, squad, army, whatever he was fighting alongside)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    (Same with Nick. He's a frontline man. He didnt get those face scars by sitting around behind tall walls. Like if he went into more detail about the lives he's lived. Most of them are gonna be fighting ones. Hell the only reason he's not sitting at a tactical console on the Tepes during engagements is because he feels his first officer has talent there.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (how do you even GET scars to begin with when you can perfectly regenerate from any wound better than any lycan which ALREADY has near-supernatural levels of regenerative ability? the only reason alex even has the claw marks over his left eye (and the original bite mark that turned him, of course) is because they were made by another werewolf, and those wounds don't ever fully heal)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (I mean, Nick was a normal guy for awhile. He got those scars before he gained the regeneration and they just didn't heal when he got the regeneration. They're stuck as a part of him)
    (*prods people with stick*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Briana: Lets put down the ramp and check this place out. Also.... what should we use for a bribe? Should i replicate some gold or gems again?
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Y Nyssa make cooing noises to Aunti Krystal, as Leo and Zach setup some video games.

Rose, getting the patties together: Reina, whats Krys favorite type of Burger?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    edited April 2019
    (imperial officials would probably only take bribes in credit chits - it's very hard to foist off precious metals or minerals, especially if you work a job where you would realistically NEVER come across something like that, but credits are credits)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

( I don't think there is a replicator pattern for credit chips. I do however believe there are physical credit coins though. but if we have a replicator pattern for it is the real question. the only one to have credits on them currently would be Ethrit.)

200?cb=20120623145334
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    Oculus: I'll handle the Bribery okay? *she smirks playfully*

(I get the feeling that credits would probably be difficult if not impossible to replicate, as there are some materials that can't be replicated yet and I doubt something as simple as gold is put in credits.)

Jessica: Well there is some value in ordering things from the back of the lines, though its more inspirational to lead the charge.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Briana: Oh... Its all yours then. Go ahead.

Nick: If you say so. I've never been one to be an armchair commander. Some people just aren't made for that. Some people are made to lead in the front.
    edited April 2019
    (both chips and ingots are made of some undetermined metal and colored gold or silver - and obviously, it has to be a metal that's in abundance, so it can't be overly complex of a material, so a replicator could easily recreate it with the proper pattern

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Credit_chip
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Credit_ingot

of course, a sith mind domination would work just as well)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Not sure if alex would include that in the ship's replicator though. but you can prove me wrong if i am. lol)
    (everywhere he's ever been that had its own specific form of currency has a replicator pattern - in case he ever end sup back there and happens to have access to a replicator)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(So I assume that ship would have a pattern for it. Would have been easier to use on mandalore in the bar. Maybe Briana will stumble upon it before they leave the ship. Use that for food and souvenirs instead of gold and gemstones.)
    edited April 2019
    (it would definitely easier, because then you have exact prices you can pay for instead of relying on the wildly fluctuating price of any given gem/precious metal across any number of worlds via a barter-based economy...which most core and mid-rim worlds likely won't even accept)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I mean Dilithium is pretty abundant and replicators can't replicate it. And Latinum is used as a currency back home yet it can't be replicated yet there are many many ferengi with tons of it. It could easily be a material like Latinum)

*Oculus walks out of the ship and looks for whatever officer oversees the port*

Jessica: Some of us aren't immortal. I'd say most. If you're the only person around capable of leadership and you're in such a dangerous combat situation that you might die and leave men and women without the leadership needed to win, then you shouldn't put your life at such risk because many more people might die if you die.
    Nick: You think i was always like this? I was leading men from the front since i was Seventeen and fully capable of dying. I would hate to lead from the back. I'm not made for that. Some people really aren't. Some people are willing to die leading instead of living cowering at the back. what you say is all well and good, but you can force your ways on people that don't want it. Else they will just resent you and eventually themselves.
    (umm...dilithium is not abundant - where the hell did you ever get the idea that it was abundant? dilithium is a RARE mineral - that's why being able to recrystallize was such a major big deal)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Gaia: She likes cheeseburgers.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *the black cat wanders by at that moment and says 'i can haz cheezburger?'*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Jessica: I'm not forcing my ways on anyone and its not cowardly to lead from the back its practical. What does it matter if you die and then everyone else dies because you weren't there to lead them to victory? To give the orders and the strategy?
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,898 Arc User
    *an imperial officers walk up with a squad of storm troopers*

officer: i dont remember anyone scheduled for landing. *the female officer narrows her eyes as she looks over oculus and the ship.* do you have clearance to be here?

jaessa: *puts up her hood walking down the ramp leaving the ship.*

jakara: i think ill stay here.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: We have a chain of command for a reason. What does it matter leading from the back, not knowing how things really are, end up making uninformed decisions that get more people killed. Leading from the back can make some apathetic. those people become just numbers and statistics, they become tools. acceptable casualties. There are pros and cons of both leadership styles if you ask me. can we agree on that?

Briana: *Walks over to the replicator, going over a list of things and after a minute or two she speaks up* Woah, we have a replicator pattern for currency here.... Probably should get some for stuff...
    Jessica: Yes we can.

(I still think it would be a material like Latinum that wouldn't be replicatable.)

Oculus: Yes you remember don't you? You recieved it when we landed? Perhaps you misplaced it in your... rush to get over here. *she teasingly waves her hands, a master of mind tricks and she influences every single trooper and the officer herself*

(Oculus is a master of mind tricks, being so powerful she is able to even influence those with cybernetic implants and force ghosts on a couple occasions.)
    Gaia: Can you imagine how stir crazy Krystal will get if you stick her behind a desk? She'd probably be begging to be let out of the office by the end of the day!
    (and everyone just ignores a random black cat walking up and asking for cheeseburgers...lexington's weird, but it's not THAT weird)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I mean. It's not like anyone in this galaxy knows replicators exist. So making an inreplicatible currency isnt a top concern or they would use solely the chips. Not coins. And making coins irreplicatable in a place they dont know what replicates are would require a high quality material that would cost more to make then the coins would be worth. Plus I think they likely are gold because gold is actually worth something in this galaxy and not merely a worthless casing for latinum.)

Nick: *looks at Gaia and chuckles* yeah. So where are we going to be cooking all this anyways?

Briana: *Replicates a bunch of credit coins and puts them in a leather pouch which she also replicates*