test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (And why do people have to feel that when soemone says tone it down, they act like childrens that just had thier toys taken away)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,893 Arc User
    (well this is a fictional thread not our fault some one has the emotional defenses of a storm trooper being beat down by a f*cking teddy bear. like you can ask us to tone it down but it doesnt mean we'll listen. thats the beauty of the first amendment.)
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    (First Amendemnt does not apply here. First Amendemnt says the GOVERNMENT may not infringe upon that right. Also, there is execpetion to that, carved out by the US Supreme court. )
    Ancient Griffon insult

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    (Guys... just take it easy. Please.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2019
    (everyone has the right to their own opinion and free speech. doesnt matter if its the government or some npc whining about a recreational activity)
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    (I'm not denying that. I'd just like everyone to calm down. This is kinda getting out of hand.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (i mean i didnt start this, not my fault who ever it is gets uncomfortable around f*ckin weed of all things.)
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    Briana: *Finishes her slice of pie, looking around* I really hope there are hotsprings... I miss the hot springs at aunt ami's place in japan...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (Anyone having some issues with the Forums this morning? Like acting like you didn't log in to it?)
    Ancient Griffon insult

(Nope)

Briana: hmmm... *gets up and walks around idly*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    (The forums have been doing that to me for a while, just randomly decided I'm logged in but also not logged in. Sorry for being absent, I was out most of the day bbqing with my family, also Nick most of us have multiple characters with some in relationships with others, I've got characters in relationships with both Krystal and Rose's characters and when Kuntel was here I had a few there too. Hoan shouldn't be restricted to only be able to have his characters be with yours if that's what you're pushing because if anything that's just as much censorship as what you were complaining about with the weed stuff.)

Oculus: What do you think of the pie?

Ethrit: I got no idea what the current Monarch is. Maybe there isn't even one if the imperials control it.

Jessica: Feeling better now Rose?

*Alexis and Jamie giggle as they hug whoever they can reach*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    (I was making a point. and you have just backed it up. Thank you for your support west.)

Briana: The pie is pretty good.
    Jakara: it's pretty good.

Jaessa: yeah... I don't think I've ever had a pie before. Then again I've been living off of the most basic food for some time now.
    Rose: A little (She gives a smile to Jessica) So, burger and hot dawgs, everyone?

Ancient Griffon insult

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    shrav: current monarch is queen kylantha, last i heard...which wasn't that long ago, so if there's someone else, she got the boot VERY recently

(since we're going with mainly legends stuff here with the occasional disney canon bit)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Nick: Was that a question for everyone involved in this hug? Cause i could go for food.

Briana: I see.... I don't think anyone is gonna be looking for us here of all places.

(I guess a mix of both in a way *Shrug*)
    (I view the Post RotJ timeline with some confusion, so generally i try to keep that out of my head cannon. After all, trying to figure out how Hier to the Empire works with it will make ones head explode)

Ancient Griffon insult

(it worked fine in legends...and i think pretty much everyone will agree that, as much as disney's Rebels, R1's (and even Solo's to a degree) offerings were fairly decent or even good...the third trilogy had barely anything redeemable (so far, anyway, since the third part of it isn't out yet), so there's no need to have that particular timeline here - we can just stick with mainly legends for whatever might be set post-ROTJ if we do more in M-33...maybe with a few disney things there as well, like Operation: Cinder from BF2

especially given we already were even BEFORE disney acquired star wars, since that was the timeline alex came from and the things that were part of said timeline he's made references to several times in the past)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (Fair. I like operation cinder tho. like there can be some exceptions here and there i guess. Clone wars is canon in this universe though right? Because future events like anything past episode 5 hasn't happened yet but the stuff in the past would be canon like rogue one and all that. just trying to get a general idea which ones we are considering in universe)
    (theres stuff in legends and canon i like. i forget where naboo is in the map core or mid rim?)
    (Mid rim. )
    (reminder: this site exists - it even has a search feature for looking up the exact location of any planet

http://www.swgalaxymap.com )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

((ah ok, as for the clone wars i use elements from it.)

jaessa: mid rim world not that far from the outer rim, i think i heard a monarch was executed for being a suspected rebel sympathizer so i bet the current monarch is just an imperial puppet or completely in their pocket.

jakara: i hate everything about this empire......
    (That's the site i used.... So what's the consensus? Original trilogy of course is canon here as well as the prequels. Clone wars since Raneson wanted something with Ahsoka. Operation Cinder, even though it won't happen for a few years in this point in the galaxy and briana doesn't intend to keep her ship there for years. I personally say Rouge one but i dunno how anyone feels about that. Rebels and solo too or did you say those just to say them, shadow? )

Briana: Same here... Even their sense of fashion is off.
    Krystal: Rose... what are you planning? Trying to get me to cook again? *sideways smile*
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (I say use a mix of canon and legends, because I feel Panaka in legends is a much better character who winds up dead before episode 4 I think, I don't remember exactly when the coruscant nights series takes place.)

Oculus: Well it's definitely a step down from my Empires fashion. And I'm surprised you havent had pie before, we had recipes for it in my time.

Reina: Food sounds good.

Jessica: Let's get cooking then.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited April 2019
    (i prefer rogue one just because it's far cleaner in how the death star plans eventually ended up in leia's hands...compared to the 5 or 6 different acquisition methods from legends

also, vader was a massive badass at the end, so that's another point in favor of R1

as for solo...ehhh, i think i actually prefer how he was handled in legends from the point where he was booted from the IA all the way up to ANH - i'm also not thrilled with how they took the maw from a massive black hole cluster that was originally built as a prison to contain an entity of pure chaos and turned it into a nebula/asteroid field with a SINGLE black hole in it...and they didn't even CALL it a black hole, they called it a gravity well - which, okay, that's what a black hole IS, but come on!

i did like the evil red coloration of the accretion disc, though)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: Does anyone want me to make something... that everyone will find good? No dear heart, i promise.

Briana: got any chocolate pie recipes? or cherry pies?

(Alright, so Han's backstory is legends. Rogue one is good. Operation cinder is good even through we're not gonna end up seeing it. everything else i said? Rebels and clone wars? )
    edited April 2019
    (clone wars, definitely - it was legends before being canon because it was made before the sellout

and rebels, i don't see why not...nothing done in the show really conflicts with legends aside from the purrgill dragging away the chimera at the series finale, since a lot of the action took place around a planet that didn't exist in legends)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Okay. as for rebels? Yay? nay? also i think it goes without saying that Old republic and all that is in since Oculus, Ethrit and all that.)