test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    (which is still better than everyone else here, since you have actual game experience...though, i have to wonder who buys a game for the sole purpose of a playing a mod in multiplayer - i usually go through the game's campaign, if it has one, before i get into any really heavy modding...fallout 4 being a major exception, since i know from experience that playing the game vanilla is just going to suck - but maybe i should have anyway, since the game keeps exploding on me because of how much i have it modded; i've already had to restart like seven times, and none of them have even come CLOSE to how far i got on the first run)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    (I only had a couple mods for New Vegas. My copy of Skyrim, on the other hand... had several.)

Krystal: Either he's doing an epic prank... or he went feral.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    (Buys? I got it as abandonware.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (how? last i checked, neither digital anvil nor microsoft has declared the game abandonware)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (Weird. Its listed as abandonware on most if not all abandonware sites I go to, which is only like 2)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    edited March 2019
    (well, however you came by the copy, you should definitely give the campaign a playthrough at least once...it isn't the best story by any stretch, but it's still decent - i thought it was, anyway

still ticks me off that all that hard work i did for the alliance in starlancer was all for nothing, though, because the damn coalition won 40 years later ANYWAY!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited March 2019
    (I'll get around to it one of these days. When i don't feel like occupying myself with Stellaris, STO, ESO, Crusader Kings 2, Rimworld, or any of the countless mount and blade warband total conversion mods i happen to be enjoying. Oh, and SS13)
    (BTW... event coming up in ESO involving pies.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    RAdm Rose goes over and kisses Veronica.

Amanda wakes up: Mommy.

RAdm Rose: Yep, im back.

Rose: Well, looks like that pooch is ignoring me, again. I hope the food i brought was good enough, Kayla. (She heads for the door)
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    (how can he ignore her when she didn't do anything to get his attention?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

icerose20 wrote: »
    Rose: Hey Shadow, look something fluffy is moving behind you.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also you did just ignore Rose calling out to Matthew. And before you say anything... he did go by Shadow early on, so he probably would recognize the nickname.)

(do your pets respond to any name other than the one you call them?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Yes)
    (i find that hard to believe, because i've NEVER seen anyone's pet respond to any name other than the one given to them by their owner...which is why so many pets end up with names like puddles, wawa and other awkward kid-given names)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I named my dog Tali, she responded to that, Tali'Zorah, and a few other things i don't want to get into because i don't wanna dig up more dead memories of people I don't wish to remember for the rest of my days.)
    (matthew only responds to matthew - or matt, because that's a shortened version of his full name; hearing the first part would be enough to get his attention even if the second half never gets said)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I find that a far better way of saying it than the other way)
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,893 Arc User
    jorin: hey lets not get at each others throats now. whats done is done we'll figure things out later.

*from the turret briana can see two legged walkers and a large amount of storm troopers heading to their position.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Kayla: I think the food did help Rose. Thanks.
    edited March 2019
    (and a friendly tongue bath helped too - it broke her out of her funk for a moment, at least

matt doesn't like his packmates being upset, so expect more face-slurping if she starts to spiral again

and when does the garrison of TIEs show up? a planet like mandalore ought to have a significant garrison - both due to mandalore's strategic importance and due to the mandalorians themselves)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Briana: we better be ready to take the f**k off because I am ready to open fire! *aims the turret at one of the walkers*
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,893 Arc User
    jorin: everyone hold on to something! *he says fliping a few switches and taking off. retracting the landing gears and hovering a up a distance until he throttles the engine shooting the ship forward and away from the pursuing ground forces.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Briana: *fires the phaser turret, hitting the walkers in rapid succession and a few random spots around stormtroopers, possibly hitting one and vaporizing them by random chance or completely missing any and all infantry. It is not known as they are out of range. The walkers are confirmed as hit though*
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    (Most animals will respond to names similar to their own, and studies have shown cats learn their names significantly faster than dogs but... they just usually really don't care enough to respond to it. Dogs easily adapt to having multiple names as well and as long as you call them something often enough they'll usually recognize it as a name even if you gave them another.)

Veronica: Huh? *She looks around* Oh hey hon... sorry we fell asleep for a bit.

Ethrit: How long till we can jump out of here?

Reina: We should go see the kids...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    (instantly; or near enough - imperium computers don't need to calculate incredibly precise courses the same way SW computers do since even if you run across an 'issue' while in hyperspace, the long-range sensors can detect it far enough in advance to warn the pilot and the computer also also calculates significantly faster thanks to far more advanced tech, so even though the ships are still affected by grabbity wells, you can jump out a lot faster)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

RAdm Rose sits down and the kids hug her: I figured. I met the Mirror Jess tonight. She is asking for help over there.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Veronica: Mirror Jess? Why does she need help? *she raises an eyebrow groggily*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    RAdm Rose: She says she is tired of the way things have gone lately. Also, Mirror Nick's faction seems the be using Na'kuhl tech to try to get the upper hand on all the others. She also is tired of the state of things with us.

Rose goes over to the MND and enters her quarters and sees Jessica playing with the kids, and then Jessica also playing with the kids.

Rose goes over and picks up Alexis: So you doing, you sweet little kid?
    Ancient Griffon insult

(When.... when did Na'kuhl come into this?)
    (Since when was it revealed it wasn't? RAdm Rose is going off reports from a unreliable source from antagonistic universe. Her experiences have shaped her world view, and to her, Na'kuhl are the second greatest threat to the Federation. First being the Reapers)
    Ancient Griffon insult