test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    K-13, Later

Rose, looking at a room: You know, I would have thought they had more Screens, and see thru screens in this room. It is supposed to be CIC for this station. Are you certain this is CIC?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,279 Arc User
    Jessica: Maybe the ferengi guy took them before we ran him out?

Henha: What were you cursed with immortality or something?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    i doubt they even had them to begin with - technology kind of...underwent a MAJOR design change after the first federation-klingon war *alex muses as he walks around ops, observing the decay 800 years of neglect had wrought* did you know the holo-comm technology that they were field testing on the defiant during the dominion war had actually been around for more than a hundred years by that point? it was originally used aboard the discovery, but it was kind of buggy...so they shelved it, among several other types of advanced - for that time - tech (hopefully that's actually what happens and they don't pull some nonsense where discovery jumps back from the mirror universe and ends up in the actual prime universe instead of the one they originated from...of course, considering everything else they did, i fully expect CBS to pull TRIBBLE like that)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    Nick: Sorta.... you where getting close enough with the Chroniton thing though... I'm just glad nobody had made a highlander joke yet... *He sips his drink*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    edited January 2018
    Henha: Highlander? I'm not familiar with that term.

(The spore drive is still one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. Right up there with Midiclorians.)

Jessica: That's weird.
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Admiral Adama: Onto bigger issues; the Cylons and AGWNB. They've gone quiet since the New Caprica attack, too quiet...
    (Yeah the Spore Drive was just so annoying. Didn't make sense at all.)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
    Nick: *Nick looks at Henha* I'll answer whatever questions after the briefing.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (you really want something that doesn't make sense? try supernovae going FTL, 'cracks' in event horizons like they're physical barriers instead of mathematical concepts, still being able to function after having your BRAIN extracted, hyper-evolution turning one species into a COMPLETELY different one - oh, and my personal favorite 'It has the ability to consume organic material at the subatomic level. I can't overestimate the danger of Thalaron radiation, Jean Luc.'...there is NO difference between organic and non-organic material at the subatomic level

an organic subspace network winding throughout the multiverse is the LEAST r.etarded thing they've come up with in the past 50+ years)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Henha: So you think the cylons are plotting something?
    Rose: The aesthetics looks like the 1960s not 2280s. (Looks around). I wonder if disco made a comeback. So where would the station commander office be at?
    Ancient Griffon insult

Jessica: Well the aesthetics come from an odd situation with the romulans. The romulans succesfully found a way to completely control our ships through loopholes int the tech that they couldnt figure out how to fix at the time. So designs regressed a bit to before the loophole existed while continuing to advance. That's why the original constitution has a different look to the NX classes that preceded it. Of course eventually they did fix the issue.
    (and you called the spore drive stupid? that whole explanation is one of the single most idiotic 'theories' the trek fanbase has come up with to try and explain the tech discrepancy)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    (We'll sure to find out why Spore Drive wasn't researched further later on. Besides... Discovery was a new ship. The Constitution class was actually in service... what... 20 years by the time of Discovery? Unlike in the Kelvin Timeline the Connies were not brand new by the time of TOS.)

Krystal: It makes no sense to me. Why tip their hand then just go silent? Why give us a chance to counterattack?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (Its not a "theory" in one of the novels detailing the romulan war after the end of enterprise it straight up says it. Though it is a bit silly.)

Henha: Maybe they want us to attack them?
    Commander Nash: Whatever it is, it can't be good.
    Admiral Adama: I want the fleet on Condition Two or Yellow Alert as Starfleet calls it until further notice. Admiral Jade, Captain O'Connor, your ships will be fitted with our Jump Drives, Deck Chief Tyrol will work with your Chief Engineers on the installation, once the jump drives are fitted, we'll make a jump to the New Ragnar Anchorage which is our staging area. From there, we'll begin patrolling the sector. Any questions?
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
    rakesh: not necessary for myself; my ship is already equipped with a 'new' type of drive technology that allows instantaneous travel from one point to another, courtesy of the alliance and some old, recently declassified starfleet technology​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Henha: My ship should be able to keep up fine.
    Nick: Excuse me? Jump Drive?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Yea... I'm with Captain O'Connor on this one... why do we need another FTL Drive?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Admiral Adama: FTL Jump Drives as you know, allow a ship to jump from one point to another in an instant. In a combat situation or emergency or for rapid deployment, having a Jump Drive can be quite the advantage. You'll need it for quick deployment if any one of us encounters a Cylon fleet or any forces from the AGWNB. This way, we can respond rapidly to any emergency or to reports of enemy contacts in a particular area.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
    Krystal: The problem is we're not talking about a tack on job. Something like this means an extensive refit to integrate it into existing systems, but to also be able to use it accurately without risk of damage to the ship using it.
    Rose: Was this supposed to be like the NORAD Bases in the High Arctic? Early Warning System?

On the Turner, orbiting the station.

Ishikawa: Boss, we got a calls from Starfleet.

RAdm Rose: Put it on.

Adm Quinn's face shows up: RAdm O'Connell. ]See you are cooling your heels.

RAdm Rose: Well, Tzenkethi aren't doing anything, and Ambassador Troi isn't coming back yet, yeah. got crews Helping with cleanup and repair on K-13.

Adm Quinn: Good, we got a situation near you. We lost comms with the USS Madison. She was checking out the Nexus, trying to pinpoint the location fo the USS Forrestal, who had been lost in the Nexus for a while. I want a couple of ship from the TFJ to check it out and help USS Challenger. Still need TFJ to handle the Tzenkethi, so try to limit the number fo ships going.

RAdm Rose: Why me? Jess would be commander of the TF.

Adm Quinn: Becuase i had you on speed dial.

RAdm Rose: Because of Capt Shon's report.

Adm Quinn: That too. Report it to Adm O'Connell, find a way to do both. It will take the Challenger a day to get into position, so you got a little time before you shove off. Adm Quinn out.

RAdm Rose gets up: Im going to the station and report to Jess. (She gets to the turbolift)

Ancient Griffon insult

*Veronica follows her*
    (that argument kind of falls flat on its face in light of the fact you can hotswap weapons, consoles and even entire engines and warp cores right there in the field now)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

RAdm Rose: So what is Quinn waiting for? I thought the next time i get a call from him, he would dress me down like a first year cadet. (Door opens, and she walks out to the teleport room) Am I missing something?
    Ancient Griffon insult

(What Shadow said)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
    Veronica: Maybe he likes us?
    (Except for the fact that the tech in game is still Star Trek tech. We're talking about installing a completely different tech base propulsion system that runs on Tylium. It would be like trying to install a Singularity Core instead of a Matter/Antimatter Reactor. Warp Cores basically share similar enough form factors to be dang near plug and play. We'd run into the same issue if we tried to install a Mass Effect drive into the Lexington. Different tech from a different source, with neither side really knowing how to talk to each other like a hot swap can.)
    (that's why she should take the spore drive instead - that's even starfleet tech!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Admiral Adama: .... Perhaps there might be an alternative, I remember something called Transwarp Drive... New Ragnar Anchorage is about 80 LY away in the direction of the galactic northeast of our position. How quickly can your ships get there using it?
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png