test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can klingons go to Risa?

kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Academy
I have a KDF toon - will she be able to visit Risa during the event? I ask because they can't normally enter Sirius sector block.
Post edited by kamiyama317 on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    During the summer event there will be a free transwarp-directly-to-Risa button in the mission journal (J key) for all characters of all factions. (Just like the free transwarps for the winter event and other events.)

For all other times of year, if you reach T3 in the Marauding doffing category then your KDF can fly through Sirius all she wants.

Or another player with T3 can grant you "Raiding Party" which gives you an hour to enter Sirius (no repercussions for staying longer than an hour, just that if you leave Sirius and want to go back after that hour you'll have to get another T3 player to refresh your raiding party).

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    there will be a free transwarp button available and you can actually enter sirius sector block with a high enough marauding rank or raiding party buff from another player.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes :D

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I want to know is ... Will Cryptic stay canon with Klingon bodies?

Admittedly, we have only a very small number shots of Worf to go by ... But the "Ridges" seem to be present on other body parts, so do we really WANT to see wrinkly, spiky, boney and ridged Klingons in swim suits?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yes, KDF has to be there to maintain the order, and keep an eye on everything.
    We all know how Feds behave when there's no one to spank them once a while.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also remember that the new "peace" initiative means that KDF who've finished the mission where ESD goes down can freely enter Sirius Block to at least get outside Risa...

And of course, with event on, they should be able to enter Risa...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    What I want to know is ... Will Cryptic stay canon with Klingon bodies?

Admittedly, we have only a very small number shots of Worf to go by ... But the "Ridges" seem to be present on other body parts, so do we really WANT to see wrinkly, spiky, boney and ridged Klingons in swim suits?
    Judging by the Klingons who prance around in the Khan outfits, I'd say they're pretty accurate.
  • Options
    ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited June 2014
    Its worth noting that the marauding trait/skill/whatever is the one that gets you contraband, prisoners and stuff to sell just by ordering a doff mission, so as a Klingon its the one to concentrate on.

On a side not did anyone else notice that in DS9 when they went to Risa a speedo logo was visible on either Dax or Vanessa Williams, I forget which.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ovinspace wrote: »
    Its worth noting that the marauding trait/skill/whatever is the one that gets you contraband, prisoners and stuff to sell just by ordering a doff mission, so as a Klingon its the one to concentrate on.

On a side not did anyone else notice that in DS9 when they went to Risa a speedo logo was visible on either Dax or Vanessa Williams, I forget which.

That is the price one must pay, when company sponsorship contributes to a film's making with money.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!