test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sluggish Server since stab. upgrade

asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
Since the stability update, the server is extremely sluggish. It takes a lot of time for the launcher to establish connection with the server, to load characters after log-in and then only every 2nd time i can log-on to the game. Every first time, i get a "disconnected from server" or a "server timed out". And no, my internet is ok, everything is working fine. It's on cryptic side… Just thought i mention it.

Greets
Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
Post edited by asches1 on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had no problems myself connecting and playing STO, so this is unlikely to be a STO Server issue...

You should take a look at this thead, then post some network diagnostic results to find out what the issue is...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155
  • valya74valya74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is not just asches1. Me and my friends in Singapore is having the same problem since last patch. So we know it is not isolated to our PC or ISP. We have no problem playing other games like Guild Wars 2.
  • nickdeamrco019nickdeamrco019 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have the same problem . . I get very bad lag and rubber banding I also have to wait for the luncher to load
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had no problems myself connecting and playing STO, so this is unlikely to be a STO Server issue...

You should take a look at this thead, then post some network diagnostic results to find out what the issue is...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

You just sound like a GM I had in a RO private server: he used to say that since he have no lag, no one have lag and 99% of the server population was complaining of lag problems everywere.

Lot of people is having massive lag spikes or server not responding messages or even disconects ruining gameplay
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lastwolf25 wrote: »
    You just sound like a GM I had in a RO private server: he used to say that since he have no lag, no one have lag and 99% of the server population was complaining of lag problems everywere.

Lot of people is having massive lag spikes or server not responding messages or even disconects ruining gameplay
    If it was wide spread, there would be hundreds of posts about it within an hour which is why grouchyotaku said do the tests and post the results.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After the most recent updates I'm not experiencing server not responding errors lasting minutes if not half an hour. FFS....
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After the most recent updates I'm not experiencing server not responding errors lasting minutes if not half an hour. FFS....

If your toon was on Risa, it's aparently the map that is messed up, none of my toons that I left on Risa can currently log on, all get non-ending not-responding, my one toon at ESD can get on fine.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    If your toon was on Risa, it's aparently the map that is messed up, none of my toons that I left on Risa can currently log on, all get non-ending not-responding, my one toon at ESD can get on fine.
    I managed to log in at first ... then it went black, I closed and reopened , now it's "server not responding" for 120 seconds ...
    While we're at it, I see no transwarp to Risa for my KDF Rom like there was before ... how do I get there? Can I cross freely to Sirius block? :P
    P58WJe7.jpg

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I managed to log in at first ... then it went black, I closed and reopened , now it's "server not responding" for 120 seconds ...
    While we're at it, I see no transwarp to Risa for my KDF Rom like there was before ... how do I get there? Can I cross freely to Sirius block? :P

I think you can just freely enter there, since the changes in Season 9
  • zshunzshun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have had the exact same problem . The log itself from the launcher is extremely slow , finally when it does allow you to use the "engage" button it takes you to the screen where your characters are on and then those take a long time to load. After that I get a screen that looks like , well space before I get an error message saying "login_2 error". Now After that I make a second attempt from that screen and it seems to go well and I do get in but the lag is sheer disaster. I mean I am just on the star map and get incredible rubber banding and slow response to any buttons pressed .

Thing is this happened this weekend and then Monday it appeared everything was ok, as a matter of fact up until the recent patch just now it was all fine and now we are back to this condition again. I honestly don't believe it is a problem on my end as everything was running fine even after the Risa event patch. It's just this recent patch seems to have created the problem that was over the weekend.