test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost Mail Items - 15,000 Zen Refunded as 2,500 Zen

Guys:

I wish to make you aware of a very aggravating and insulting thing done by technical support.

I submit what's my first technical ticket probably since pre-order, lost mail items, and Cryptic pretty much laughs in my face by refunding 15,000 worth of rare lost mail items with 2,500 Zen.

This is what happened.

At the end of the 4 Year Anniversary Event, I missed enough Q commendations to buy the regular Science Dyson Destroyer for my klingon alt, so I decided to go the lobi route. It cost me more than 15,000 Zen for the master keys to amass the 600 lobi needed. After I was done, I mailed the most valuable items to my main. Alt was Kur@Noonelivesforever. Main was Admiral Tolwyn@Noonelivesforever. They were 7 LDF Ultra Rare Temporal Officers, 8 Temporal Storage Beacon and more than 20 Cardassian Duty Officer Packs. 2 in game mails that never arrived.

A few weeks after this happened, Cryptic said they were having network outages, so they extended the Terran Mirror Universe event.

After waiting months for a resolution to this, I got a cryptic response from technical support stating they were unable to return my items, but were providing me with 2,500 zen. That's not even enough to cover an inkling of the rare stuff I lost!!!:mad:

I used the Zen (this is before I read their so called resolution after waiting months for it) but after I read that response I said I would gladly accept a negative balance in return for the actual items. How can they not have a history of this? One day items in inventory. Next day items gone without being used. Why even have a Lost Items ticket when they can't track this and insult you with the "resolution"? I've easily bought hundreds of thousand of ZEN since pre-order, so this is really insulting. Think I'm going to post damaging posts about Cryptic all the time from now on because this is grossly insulting.

I've had more than 50 M in credits in my account for months now, so I really have no reason to lie. I have nearly everything in the game, but why they would be so insulting about this is beyond me.
Post edited by noonelivesforevr on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Umm... You did read the 'Terms of Service' agreement, which by playing STO, is de-facto acceptance of its terms...
    24.7 We are not liable for “hacking” or lost of your virtual goods from your account, however, we may, in our sole discretion, reimburse virtual goods or Zen upon proof that such loss was not due to your inappropriate use. We may limit the quantity of any item or refuse to provide you with any virtual good. Verification of certain information applicable to a transaction may be required prior to our acceptance of your payment. Price and availability of virtual goods are subject to change with no notice. We have no liability with respect to virtual goods or Zen that is gifted to you or provided as an incentive.

28.1 You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
    (d) You acknowledge that in using the Service and/or Games, you may lose in-game features and/or items. You may not hold PWE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. We do not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Service or any levels to players

http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1. Surprised you got anything tbh....

2. Lets do some quick theoretical math, 2500 zen being about 25 keys, each key has a value of 2M, let's say that's 50M for arguments sake...how much EC would it take to cover your lost items then divide that by 2M. I doubt it'll 15,000 zen...especially after factoring the depreciated value of after "lobi rolls"

3. Could you not of transferred the stuff through the account bank?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    1. Surprised you got anything tbh....

2. Lets do some quick theoretical math, 2500 zen being about 25 keys, each key has a value of 2M, let's say that's 50M for arguments sake...how much EC would it take to cover your lost items then divide that by 2M. I doubt it'll 15,000 zen...especially after factoring the depreciated value of after "lobi rolls"

3. Could you not of transferred the stuff through the account bank?

not everyone has an account bank...you would think it would be standard now with all the bind to account items to give at least 1 rom of account bank to every player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You do know that opening lock boxes is gambling? Just because you put in 15k zen doesnt mean you get 15k out. And "deciding to go the lobi route" was your first mistake. Thinking that 15k zen would actually make the game more fun for more than a week or two was you second. Believe me i know;)
    Also though you may have lost some stuff the main thing you wanted was the lobi which you didnt loose so you got what you wanted right ? With some exceptions those doff packs arent that interesting anyways.
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So you have poor spending habits, a poor taste in ships, and a poor knowledge of how the game works since some of that zen would have purchased an account bank allowing you to safely and easily transfer all of your lost items without incident.

How does this entitle you to anything again? I seem to have missed that part.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    15k zen...jeez...and here im all pissed at myself for a number error earlier today after putting down 4500 zen (partly grinding dil)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I lost 137 dilithium claims worth about 680k in Dil... support took there time and gave 2250 compensation.... I was happy with that but would have been happier if they let me email the claims from the tribble server (as that was the proof i had them).

Better than having nothing......
  • coontessacoontessa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guys:

I wish to make you aware of a very aggravating and insulting thing done by technical support.

After waiting months for a resolution to this, I got a cryptic response from technical support stating they were unable to return my items, but were providing me with 2,500 zen. That's not even enough to cover an inkling of the rare stuff I lost!!!:mad:

I used the Zen (this is before I read their so called resolution after waiting months for it) but after I read that response I said I would gladly accept a negative balance in return for the actual items.

...wat? So...they gave you 2,500 zen then gave you a response months later? Or did you quickly spend the Zen without reading their actual response?

I don't know about this games policies, but for many, if they set a refund and you use it before disputing it or appealing further, they consider your use of it an acceptance of the refund and you're out of luck.

As far as those quoting the TOS, that is really to protect the company from legal issues, generally, games are more than willing to refund, even partially, because it keeps them on good terms with paying customers.