test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour the Galaxy did not award Well Travelled Trait.

lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
One of my characters was running Tour the Galaxy the other day (Sat, May 24) and completed so many sector blocks (8?) that I saw a system message pop-up in the chat window announcing that I was awarded the Well Traveled trait.

However, when I looked at my Trait list, WT was not listed under the Other section (only Deprogrammed was there), and after using my Transwarp, there's no reduction in cooldown. Relogging/Restarting the game did not help.

My character did not finish the Tour that day in the time allowed, but a couple days later (after earning Assimilated Engines), I did complete Tour the Galaxy, but still no Well Traveled.

Character: Orlok@PatricianVetinari
Race and Gender: Reman Male
Faction: Romulan Repulbic, Federation-Aligned.
Class: Engineer

It's been a long time since I had run Tour the Galaxy, but I wanted to get the trait on this alt that didn't have it. I have over a dozen other characters that earned Well Traveled last year after LoR was released (prior to Orlok, my last character to get WT was on Jul 30th, 2013). WT has been, and continues, working fine for them (even after the S9 changes).

Aug 25, 2014 Update: Problem resolved, see below.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I opened tech support tkt #140623-000389.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Issue has been verified and sent on for a fix. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Issue has been verified and sent on for a fix. Thanks for the report.
    That's great news, thanks!

:D

• Options
    huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did you get it fixed, because I just had the same problem.

Cheers
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Did you get it fixed, because I just had the same problem.

Cheers
    I logged on as Orlok yesterday and took a looksee. Nope, still no Well-Traveled Trait.

Shockingly, I now notice he does not have access to the T5 traits for the Undine and Dyson Reps that he finished about a month ago. Neither the Defiance or Bio-Molecular Shield Generator traits are available for him to select as his forth Active Trait.

:(

I will update/open a new ticket and post the number here.

Submitted ticket #140825-000773.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I know forum rules say we're not supposed to refer to communications outside of the forums, but I hope the mods will make an exception. I'm quoting the e-mail/ticket reply that Support sent to me that resolved/fixed my issue:
    ...I understand that you are encountering some issues with your character's traits. Please check your Skills Tab (hotkey: K). If you have a little warning that says your "Skills are Invalid" in the bottom-right, this may be why you are unable to modify your character's Traits.

If you're seeing this warning on your skills page, a Respec is required before your skills and traits will get back into a valid state, which should then grant you access to all of the related skills and traits. The Respec should be free, if you're seeing the error message (does not cost a token/zen)...

That fixed it! I did have the error message "Skills are Invalid." I used the free respect as directed and I now have all my Traits, including Well Travelled, Bio-Molecular Shield Generator, and Defiance. Thank you!

:D