test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Active Immunity Overload bugs (multiple)

breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I equip my Research Kit Module - Active Immunity Overload in my Fluidic Science Kit Mk XII [Armor][Will][PsiBuff], several issues appear with the ability:

1. The additional buff from Medical Vanguard is not applying.
2. Creative has no effect on heal or proc damage.
3. Biochemist doffs apply their debuff to yourself as well as your foes (but not allies affected by the PBAoE heal/buff).
4. Counselor* doffs do not apply their "20% chance: Apply a Willpower buff when Science Buff or Heal is used" proc.

Reproduction steps:

1. I was logged into my Klingon character, Brok'gin.
2. I was located at a Spire Fleet Holding, where I had recently purchased a Medical Tricorder XII Kit Module to fill in part of my Fluidic Science Kit Mk XII [Armor] [Will] [PsiBuff].
3. I retrieved the aforementioned Kit Module from my personal Bank to my Inventory, then to the aforementioned Kit.
4. Previously equipped Active Ground doffs were as follows: VR Biochemist (Dathan), VR Counselor (Vokna), VR Doctor x 3 (K'Tirg, Dita, K'Tirg).
5. Testing my new setup, I triggered the aforementioned ability and noticed a debuff flag under my portrait; the tooltip on the debuff flag indicated that this was the "Biochemist - Damage Resistance Reduction" provided by Dathan.
6. I double checked the tooltip in my Power Tray and found that the power did indeed note this, and that it lacked the "20% chance: Apply a Willpower buff when Science Buff or Heal is used" proc from my Counselor* doff.
7. I lost connection to the server after being distracted by the Tailor waiting for Active Immunity Overload to cooldown.
8. I logged back in, appearing at the Klingon Academy (I was a guest at another Fleet's Holding, so this is normal).
9. Preparing to queue Undine Infiltration (Elite), I cycled in my Ground Traits. Curiosity revealed that Active Immunity Overload is unaffected by Medical Vanguard (the power is listed as a "PBAoE Heal and Resistance") or Creative (neither the heal not the damage component are affected).
10. I queued for and entered Undine Infiltration.
11. Upon entering the starting area, triggered Active Immunity Overload and checked my allies' status. Neither my teammates nor the NPC Commander were affected by the Biochemist - Damage Resistance Reduction; they were also not granted the buff Medical Vanguard.
12. Upon completing the Quarantine/Clear phase with the Optional (Protect the Orb), I tested Active Immunity Overload on the Undine Infiltrator we Confronted. This did show the debuff from having Dathan active.
13. Upon completion of the mission, I beamed back to the Klingon Academy and re-tested the heal procs (or lack thereof) upon the dueling Bekk near the Orion Personnel Officer. While the heal was fully effective and not debuff proc applied to them, I continued to be affected by the Biochemist- Damage Resistance Reduction debuff.

Based upon the combination of trait and doff effects, this is likely caused by Active Immunity Overload being flagged as a debuff/damage type power rather than the listed "PBAoE Heal and Resistance" that it should be. This would lead to a certain ability modifiers working strangely on the power, in a manner that diminishes it greatly. Another possibility it that for the proc to spread from the player to the enemies, they needed to be a "carrier" (Typhoid Mary style) for the Infestation status effect while not being under its effects; this would be probably be much harder to fix, so I'm hoping its just an issue of it being flagged as the wrong power type. Both are, of course, just guesses to maybe help narrow down what's necessary to fix the issue.

The additional ineffectiveness of the Creative trait is likely caused by a separate issue, probably in that the Kit Modules from the Undine Lock Box were not actually listed as Kit powers. Whether this stems from Creative having a specific list that the new Kit Modules are not included in, or from Active Immunity Overload missing a flag that designates it as being eligible for the effects of the Creative trait... I do not have enough information upon which to hazard a guess. Not being flagged as a healing type power would also affect the healing component of Creative, however that should not affect the damage component as it is a Kit power.

In searching for other references to Active Immunity Overload, I also found the following threads with included partial descriptions of the issues I discovered:
Bug: Biochemist applying DR penalty to self with certain skills. and A few bugs.
The former also noticed the Biochemist issue, while the latter found that Infestation was applying itself to your allies as well as your enemies. The latter may or may not be a bug, as the Science career ability Nanoprobe Infestation also does this; it really diminishes the value of the power, but it may be WAI.

*Side note: The KDF and allied Romulans need far better access to Counselor doffs, from a gameplay perspective. Either that or an equal and opposite Willpower debuff version with the same proc chance and magnitude, but affecting debuff/damage powers. None are currently available via CXP or Assignment Chains. Asterisked because it is beside the point of the bug report, but I wouldn't have been able to narrow down the likely root of the aforementioned problem without my Counselor.
Ym9x9Ji.png
meimeitoo wrote: »
I do not like Geko ether.
iconians wrote: »
With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​