test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Republic Concept Art of Outfits that you go "Shut up and take my money"

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Romulan Discussion
That middle female one

I mock the Raptor a lot but that outfit would make me feel alittle less Republic and alittle more old school. It just looks so nice.

Where I found it. So if you have any Romulan outfits. Concept Art or not you would make you go "WANT WANT WANT!" post them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, DAMMIT!

I actually really like the 4th from the right as a civvie option...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From this, I like these the most:
    the dress third from left
    the top fifth from left (the tank top with the Raptor)
    the dress and hairstyle fourth from right
    the overhead headband on the right end (shades of 60s Mod Girl style!)

Actually, I like all the female hairdos, although the one on the girl in the Raptor tank top I wouldn't wear (as I prefer my hair longer), and I probably would not have the patience to tie up the bun for the third from left and get it right.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    The first ones are awesome. The second ones are in game, slightly different. Veteran costume or something. I know I use them on my rom.

I really like the hair of the first link however (middle and right, not so much for left).

As for the raptor tank of the first post, I like it to :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love all of 'em ... Quite frankly, Cryptic could put (almost) anything in the C-Store as a new Romulan/Reman costume and I'd be ...

SHUT UP --> AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

(hint: this would also include a "dye" unlock, so that I could at last have ... Ya know ... Green and Purple!)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    All the 'extras' on the uniforms...so Mimbari. Female Hairstyles.... Mimbari

Just Sayin. Just sayin I LOVE MIMBARI.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    WORK EXPERIENCE

Cryptic Studios (2008-Present)

Concept Artist for "Champions Online," "Star Trek Online" and "Creatures of Night."
    Worked on several projects as the sole concept artist. Created art for the user interface of "Champions Online" and "Creatures of Night." Worked on multiple game pitches, helping to design new game worlds from scratch.

"Creatures of Night."

okay then
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I for one would just love that Romulan formal dress/skirt, it looks fantastic.
    But since the war is over, I do wish they would make the KDF-ROM and FED-ROM uniform options available to everyone. :(

Also, why didn't we get the KDF cleavage uniforms? Don't they know that cleavage clothing/armor is classic KDF?! :P
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Creatures of Night."

okay then

That may be the "secret project" that stahl ran off to work on.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly not that impressed by all the old Western inspired outfits. While technically well executed, they fit in with the Romulans about as well as they would with the Breen. I do like some of the hairstyles, like the left one from:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/505e59a7c4aa069d5ffdde38/53235cdee4b0182e183c6c17/52026b4ae4b0882b61559cb9/1375890253522/Romulan_Clothes_02.jpg?format=750w

Kinda reminiscent of the Valeris haircut except made more 'Romulan'. I like it a lot. Not a big fan of the long hairstyles or the western inspired uniforms. All the male uniforms are missing is some spurs and cowboy hats and they'd be all set to go rustle some epohhs. And IMO long hair and frilly skirts just looks weird on Romulan women.

Again, while the art might look good, in context with Romulans it just doesn't fit IMO. I'd rather have Nemesis or DS9 uniforms or Ambassador Nanclus's outfit than any of that, personally.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All the 'extras' on the uniforms...so Mimbari. Female Hairstyles.... Mimbari

Just Sayin. Just sayin I LOVE MIMBARI.

Minbari? I was thinking they look more like Centauri Male hair styles, say Londo or Vir?

While most of those concept outfits can already be made, those that have not been created should be added.

And for a final Babylon 5 thought, Rest in peace Andreas Katsulas. I would hope that Cryptic/Perfect World will gain permission from his family to use his likeness to add Tomalak as an NPC. Maybe even get a family member to do the voice-over.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Honestly not that impressed by all the old Western inspired outfits. While technically well executed, they fit in with the Romulans about as well as they would with the Breen. I do like some of the hairstyles, like the left one from:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/505e59a7c4aa069d5ffdde38/53235cdee4b0182e183c6c17/52026b4ae4b0882b61559cb9/1375890253522/Romulan_Clothes_02.jpg?format=750w

Kinda reminiscent of the Valeris haircut except made more 'Romulan'. I like it a lot. Not a big fan of the long hairstyles or the western inspired uniforms. All the male uniforms are missing is some spurs and cowboy hats and they'd be all set to go rustle some epohhs. And IMO long hair and frilly skirts just looks weird on Romulan women.

Again, while the art might look good, in context with Romulans it just doesn't fit IMO. I'd rather have Nemesis or DS9 uniforms or Ambassador Nanclus's outfit than any of that, personally.

The very first Romulan female ever seen (note the hair length):
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr75alVPhL1r10g9io1_1280.jpg

The costume 4th from the right is Roman-inspired, not "Western":
    http://static.squarespace.com/static/505e59a7c4aa069d5ffdde38/t/52376339e4b04e9390b62d7a/1379361596500/Romulan_Civs_01.jpg

I think your views of what things "fit in" with Romulans have now been exposed as overly colored by TNG and later series, which also explains your idolizing of the Tal'Shiar ideology. I suspected this for some time, but now it is clear.
  • Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I for one would just love that Romulan formal dress/skirt, it looks fantastic.

It's already in game, in the form of "Romulan Dress Uniform" for veterans.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    The very first Romulan female ever seen (note the hair length):
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr75alVPhL1r10g9io1_1280.jpg

The costume 4th from the right is Roman-inspired, not "Western":
    http://static.squarespace.com/static/505e59a7c4aa069d5ffdde38/t/52376339e4b04e9390b62d7a/1379361596500/Romulan_Civs_01.jpg

I think your views of what things "fit in" with Romulans have now been exposed as overly colored by TNG and later series, which also explains your idolizing of the Tal'Shiar ideology. I suspected this for some time, but now it is clear.
    Really? I have outright stated before that I prefer TNG-era Rommies to TOS-era Rommies before in response to your posts. Just now catching on?

I was mostly talking about the male uniforms looking Western if that wasn't clear. The female ones look like some sort of mashup of western and Tolkien IMO. And no...I don't think that outfit looks terribly Roman or Romulan (by either the TNG or TOS standard) for the record.

And yes, I do consider the TNG/DS9 Rommeis to be more representative of the species, because they showed up in far more episodes over several series compared to the TOS rommies...which had *one* appearance.

There have only been three long-haired Romulans in all of trek to my knowledge. the TOS commander, the ambassador from ST V, and Nero's wife. There were far, far, far more short-haired ones overall, and those ones are sadly terribly underrepresented in both the concept art here and in STO itself. That's why I think the Valeris-esque one would be a welcome addition, it actually looks like something I can actually imagine a TNG-era Romulan having.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what i know are the smokes! where can I get some of them so my toons can all lite up.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Really? I have outright stated before that I prefer TNG-era Rommies to TOS-era Rommies before in response to your posts. Just now catching on?

I was mostly talking about the male uniforms looking Western if that wasn't clear. The female ones look like some sort of mashup of western and Tolkien IMO. And no...I don't think that outfit looks terribly Roman or Romulan (by either the TNG or TOS standard) for the record.

And yes, I do consider the TNG/DS9 Rommeis to be more representative of the species, because they showed up in far more episodes over several series compared to the TOS rommies...which had *one* appearance.

There have only been three long-haired Romulans in all of trek to my knowledge. the TOS commander, the ambassador from ST V, and Nero's wife. There were far, far, far more short-haired ones overall, and those ones are sadly terribly underrepresented in both the concept art here and in STO itself. That's why I think the Valeris-esque one would be a welcome addition, it actually looks like something I can actually imagine a TNG-era Romulan having.

Oh, I knew some time ago. I just wanted to shine the light on it for others.

And there were TWO episodes of TOS in which Romulans appeared. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Oh give it a rest. Tng's depiction of Romulans Didn't idolize Tal'shiar idology (no more then ones choice to like Tng Romulans means they idolize them) They were mentioned in One episode, and One only on Tng. (Face of the enemy) in season six I might add.

And on the Tos Romulan appearences really...... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Seriously? It's not like It's something I keep a secret by any means. I have outright stated before in direct response to your posts...give it a rest. Particularly silly IMO because of how you place your two episodes of TOS above the far more numerous TNG appearances. Anyone who's looked into more than one thread on the Romulan forums already knows where us two stand. Pot calling the kettle black and all that.

Yes, I am aware they only appeared in two episodes. bad editing/proofreading on my part. The Romulan commander and her costume/hair was what only appeared in one episode.

There's still only three appearances by long-haired female Romulans over all the series and movies. Nero's wife was only shown for a bout four seconds, and the Romulan ambassador was in The Final Frontier, aka the worst Trek movie ever. Not a great precedent IMO. Besides we already have plenty of dresses and long hair for all the folks who want to RP elves.

I'd just like to see some of the more widely utilized Romulan clothing styles that are missing like the Nemesis or DS9 uniforms before we get any more frilly skirts etc. I do think that one particular haircut from the artwork works well with Romulans though.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    There's still only three appearances by long-haired female Romulans over all the series and movies. Nero's wife was only shown for a bout four seconds, and the Romulan ambassador was in The Final Frontier, aka the worst Trek movie ever. Not a great precedent IMO. Besides we already have plenty of dresses and long hair for all the folks who want to RP elves.
    I really like short hair for women, and I wouldn't wear a long hair on my rom. But, having most Romulan female with short hair doesn't mean all the Romulan are short haired.

Just like bald women are extremely rare in our world, and short haired women are less common. They still exist.

And since most Romulan we see are part of the Romulan military/tal shiar, maybe it's something common in their military, like many military of our world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I really like short hair for women, and I wouldn't wear a long hair on my rom. But, having most Romulan female with short hair doesn't mean all the Romulan are short haired.

Just like bald women are extremely rare in our world, and short haired women are less common. They still exist.

And since most Romulan we see are part of the Romulan military/tal shiar, maybe it's something common in their military, like many military of our world.
    Yeah, what I'm arguing is that short hair is underrepresented for Romulans, and that long hair is drastically overepresented. I don't think we need more long hair, but some more short hairstyles would be nice. There's a definite cultural predilection for Romulans towards Shor hair, so It'd be nice if we had more hairstyles that reflect that.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, what I'm arguing is that short hair is underrepresented for Romulans, and that long hair is drastically overepresented. I don't think we need more long hair, but some more short hairstyles would be nice. There's a definite cultural predilection for Romulans towards Shor hair, so It'd be nice if we had more hairstyles that reflect that.

Trouble is for me that most of the more traditional tng short haired styles look so alike. I have multiple Romulan characters and I like variety between them. I don't really like using the same hair or uniform on different characters even if I use different colors. Personally I kinda like the short hair of number 5 in that Romulan Civilians picture. Her outfit isn't bad as well, actually it's kinda a fusion of casual meets uniform, both with the hair and outfit.

I have no problems with short hair if it looks good or even bald (As I have 2 Reman females) but it's just the Vulcan/Romulan more TNG like styles just look so alike.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    It's already in game, in the form of "Romulan Dress Uniform" for veterans.

Nope, thats not the one.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't see anything there I'd want to spend money on.

None of them - none - look or feel like anything Romulan.

It looks like - with respect to the artist because he's apparently quite good - he spent far too much time at cosplay cons, renaissance festivals, and watching the Star Wars prequels and absolutely no time at all looking at the Romulan costumes of the TV series - and even (though I'm loath to say it), the absolute worst Trek film ever: Nemesis.

While we don't have much of anything when it comes to a reference for Romulan civilian attire, none of those concept oufits are informed by what we DO know.

Oh, and on a final note, the one all the way to the right? What in the name of Me is that?! Sailor Moon Romulan? Please.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nope, thats not the one.
    If you speak about this one, then it's the "republic dress/formal uniform". It's the 200 days veteran reward. Picture here.

Just checked, and we have some nice hair/jewelery in his site.
    Female hair/jewelery. Very Romulan, short and everything.
    For males. But I don't like them.
    On a side note, this is totally how I would like to see the interior of New Romulus city.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That middle female one

I mock the Raptor a lot but that outfit would make me feel alittle less Republic and alittle more old school. It just looks so nice.

Where I found it. So if you have any Romulan outfits. Concept Art or not you would make you go "WANT WANT WANT!" post them.

Is that a very rare Pitchfork Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD]x2?

If it is, then I want it.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you speak about this one, then it's the "republic dress/formal uniform". It's the 200 days veteran reward. Picture here.

On a side note, this is totally how I would like to see the interior of New Romulus city.

I really like the female 4 and 6!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited May 2014

the male ones all look like they're trying too hard to be emo.... which makes em 2 times terrible since emo is already about trying too hard to look emo
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the male ones all look like they're trying too hard to be emo.... which makes em 2 times terrible since emo is already about trying too hard to look emo

Yeah all the mascara is sorta dumb, they look like Romulan Goa'uld. All that's missing is the glowing eyes. Repeat after me Stargate and Startrek are separate and distinct entities.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sadly yes, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw them.

But the female hairs are still awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Take my money!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!