test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best lockbox for lobi.

cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
So, due to the Lobi episode replay event, I've just discovered Lobi stuff. Quite fancy a few items, and well, the 135 or 150 I can still get isn't quite enough for my shopping list.

So, what box am I opening? Don't care about other stuff in it, I'm going for the lobi.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by cbrjwrr on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    So, due to the Lobi episode replay event, I've just discovered Lobi stuff. Quite fancy a few items, and well, the 135 or 150 I can still get isn't quite enough for my shopping list.

So, what box am I opening? Don't care about other stuff in it, I'm going for the lobi.

Thanks in advance.

If I understand things correctly, the lobi pay-outs are standardized across all boxes (even the ones that were created before lobi was even part of the boxes).

Keep in mind, before you spend ridiculous amounts of Zen on opening lockboxes, see if you can find the items you are interested in on the Exchange and you can afford it with (quite likely also ridiculous amounts) of money. I am not sure if everything in the Lobi Store is only bind on equip but some stuff (like ships) is.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

For Lobi purposes, a lockbox is a lockbox is a lockbox. Pick whichever one you can get the cheapest on the Exchange if you're buying them, open every one you can get your hands on no matter what type.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Good point - I ought to check, but since each item is at minimum 5 lockboxes worth of lobi each they will probably be out of budget.

Its nearly all non-combat pets, space and ground, only item that might be BTC and not BTA is the Tholian sword.

aloishammer - in which case its Undine boxes as I have 50 odd between my 6 characters...

Much appreciated.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Go for the Dominion lockbox. Like the others said, they all give the same minimum amount of lobi.

However the Dominion lockbox is special because it gives out rich dil claims. Yes, more recent lockboxes have also given those, but the Dominion one is unique because in terms of 'bonus item' things (bonus FM boosters, bonus skill boosters, etc) the Dominion lockbox can ONLY give dil claims.

Now of course it gives out other stuff, so getting rich dil claims isn't a guarantee.

Each claim, if you are good at the game will net you 5,000 dil. Even more if you wait and use a few during a dil weekend.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you're going to spam open lockboxes, I'd buy up the ones that have the best return in sellable items. Think about certain high-value doffs, doff packs, valued weapon types, maybe even a lucky roll on a ship.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If I understand things correctly, the lobi pay-outs are standardized across all boxes (even the ones that were created before lobi was even part of the boxes).

Keep in mind, before you spend ridiculous amounts of Zen on opening lockboxes, see if you can find the items you are interested in on the Exchange and you can afford it with (quite likely also ridiculous amounts) of money. I am not sure if everything in the Lobi Store is only bind on pick-up but some stuff (like ships) is.

what lobi ships are bind on pick-up? as far as i know all the package the ships are in can be put on the exchange.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    what lobi ships are bind on pick-up? as far as i know all the package the ships are in can be put on the exchange.

Dang, I mis-wrote - what I meant to write was bind-on-equip. Edited the OP to avoid further confusion and spread of misinformation. Thanks for catching the error.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No ships are bind on pick up.

You could list what your gunning for and we can tell ya if it's cheaper to go through the exchange.

The lobi events are good for picking up flashy stuff like customer or armor...maybe pets
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Aye, if it's a lobi ship you're going for, it's probably easier just to sell your master keys for EC.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tal Shiar has the best consolation prizes: Helmsman and Plasmonic Leech
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tal Shiar has the best consolation prizes: Helmsman and Plasmonic Leech

This.

Talk Shiar box is my favourite. Leech and helmsman are serious exchange candy.

And the adapted destroyer isn't bad either.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    List as it stands, in order of wanted-ness:

1. Sehlat cub pet and Voth Raptor pet

2. At least one ship pet, haven't decided what one for certain yet. Possibly a couple.

3. Tholian Crystaline Sword (up for debate, as stats being much worse than gear I already have is a put off)

4. Jem'hadar Mk XII ground set for the costume, and only if it does still appear, now that season nine has changed how armour costumes work visually.

Comes to 210 (30+30+150) lobi minimum, of which 60+ will be lockbox lobi. Not that interested in ships due to cost.

So: Lockboxes.

Fors. Discounting grand prize ships on probability grounds.

Undine - I have loads of boxes already, so cheaper.

Dominion - the consolation prizes (doffs or Dil claims) are more useful to me.

Tal Shiar - more likely to not lose money.

any others worth noting?
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you are feeling really lucky, the Temporal, Cardassian, and Ferengi boxes all have really high selling ships.
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Based on a Wiki that I read, the average payout based on thousands of different lock boxes opened in the Tribble test server is about 5.3333 lobi per box.