test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have a problem with the Lobi Event.

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
There's nothing I really want to buy. :(

The KDF side can't use the Lobi Jackets, and Boffs can't use them, the Tholian Robes are rather ho-hum and Boffs can't use those either. I can't even put my Diplomatic Boff in the Lobi Skirt. The Armours are cool but I already own all of them. And the Ships and Weapons don't appeal to me.

How can I spend money if Cryptic won't give me anything to buy? :rolleyes:
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah I look at the lobi store and just shrug my shoulders. So, you're not alone.

The only time I ever messed with it was to get a jacket for my female boff, only to discover she couldn't wear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Kinda bummed there isn't any fluidic space set in the store, but whatever. With the Lobi store being persistent, it's nice to know it'll have some items of interest for me every now and then that I can save up for, such as unique ground weapons and tailor unlocks.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Least you have things :P

I'm not particularly interested in any of the alien armors so that basically leaves me nothing as a Romulan...no jacket and or skirt...and no temporal uniform. :(
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would buy a mess hall (with trophy slots of course) for my Voth Battleship with lobi. Or any other STO currency.
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would buy the weapons if they weren't utter trash. Whoever thought people would buy blue equipment with lobi needs to get their head checked - that's a lot of missed sales right there.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it sucks double for our Green Blooded Hobgoblin compatriots.
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Yeah I look at the lobi store and just shrug my shoulders. So, you're not alone.

The only time I ever messed with it was to get a jacket for my female boff, only to discover she couldn't wear it.

I'm here for you bro.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's nothing I really want to buy. :(

The KDF side can't use the Lobi Jackets, and Boffs can't use them, the Tholian Robes are rather ho-hum and Boffs can't use those either. I can't even put my Diplomatic Boff in the Lobi Skirt. The Armours are cool but I already own all of them. And the Ships and Weapons don't appeal to me.

How can I spend money if Cryptic won't give me anything to buy? :rolleyes:
    a) Keep the lobi and wait for something new to be added.
    b) Buy something tradeable and sell it for EC.

Have to agree on the suckiness of the outfit restrictions, though.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah. I was gonna get a wrist lance or a relativity rifle for my ground character, but they're bind on pickup and my Lobi is on a space character, which leaves me with not much else.
    I guess I'll just keep saving up for a Tal Shiar battlecruiser for my Rom.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you can always buy stuff and then sell it for EC to save for something on the exchange.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are weapons from the store (the only weapons of interest would be the 29th century phasers) one-time character bound purchase? If so, I'm sitting on lobi I'd gladly give away to someone if I could :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    Yeah. I was gonna get a wrist lance or a relativity rifle for my ground character, but they're bind on pickup and my Lobi is on a space character, which leaves me with not much else.
    I guess I'll just keep saving up for a Tal Shiar battlecruiser for my Rom.

With an account bank, you can move the Lobi to any character on the account.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Are weapons from the store (the only weapons of interest would be the 29th century phasers) one-time character bound purchase? If so, I'm sitting on lobi I'd gladly give away to someone if I could :D

Yes, they're BTC single-shots.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Try out the Voth Light Soldier outfit, it is a pretty nice uniform.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yes, they're BTC single-shots.

Too bad, then I don't know what I should do with the Lobi I collected over the past events. I don't buy single unlocks for anything other than EC/FC & Dil and the Lobi weapons aren't even any good, literally every drop you can get is better. And the looks don't do anything for me if I'm not able to claim enough to equip my entire team.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is your problem??? :confused:
    I don't have enough Lobi for the things I'd like my chars. to have. Now, there's a problem! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    buy something to sell on the exchange?
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I always have something to buy on the lobi store. I keep 800lobis at all time in case they release a ship I want on it, but otherwise I spend the rest.
    When the rep will be completed, I'll buy 2pieces of the silent enemy set to go along with the disruptor rep set. Then, with the "free" lobi I'll buy a tachyokinetic console for one of my char.

There is always something. And if you don't find anything worthwhile, buy a ship, sell it for cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I also have a problem with the lobi event, why do they never run the scavenger hunt version any more, there is likely many players who are missing some of the accolades or all of the accolades if they are new users.
    the current version is great but it would be nice if once in a while they run the scavenger hunt version or give players a daily choice to either run the new version or the scavenger hunt version.
    don't get me wrong lobi crystals are great and to get 15 each day is wonderful but there are many accolade hunters out there who would gladly give up that days lobi in favour of a otherwise unobtainable accolade.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    gamerwookiegamerwookie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I recently bought the Mk XII Jem'Hadar set for my KDF character mainly for the costume unlock.
    Although I'm looking forward to trying out the upgraded equipment.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Try out the Voth Light Soldier outfit, it is a pretty nice uniform.

I already mentioned I own these. :P
    shpoks wrote: »
    This is your problem??? :confused:
    I don't have enough Lobi for the things I'd like my chars. to have. Now, there's a problem! :D

Yeah, but once you start buying stuff you realize there isn't much to buy. The 3-Piece space sets are only really useful on the lockbox ships they coordinate with. If you don't own the corresponding lockbox ship they aren't worth using. I'm not about to spend 600 lobi on something I'm not going to use.
    tenkari wrote: »
    buy something to sell on the exchange?

And then buy what? :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I recently bought the Mk XII Jem'Hadar set for my KDF character mainly for the costume unlock.
    Although I'm looking forward to trying out the upgraded equipment.

If only it came with the shoulder pads. :(
  • Options
    gamerwookiegamerwookie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If only it came with the shoulder pads. :(

To be honest, I got it mainly for the loose pants option on that character. Like I said on a previous thread, I don't like the tight leather pants that the KDF have. But I paired the loose knee-high pants with the sleeveless vest and some of the kit costumes for an awesome soldier-ish look.
    I might change one of my bridge officers in full Jem'Hadar costume.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »

Got a full set of Ferengi stuff for my Dkora and her captain, and the shuttle

Got the temporal warfare set for my Wells and the Aeon

And now I'm sitting on near 1000 lobi wondering what to buy.

I just wish shuttles had more of a role, some of those are awesome.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    warpangel wrote: »
    a) Keep the lobi and wait for something new to be added.
    b) Buy something tradeable and sell it for EC.

Have to agree on the suckiness of the outfit restrictions, though.

B is what I do mostly, and I couldn't agree more with the outfit restrictions
    I also have a problem with the lobi event, why do they never run the scavenger hunt version any more, there is likely many players who are missing some of the accolades or all of the accolades if they are new users.
    the current version is great but it would be nice if once in a while they run the scavenger hunt version or give players a daily choice to either run the new version or the scavenger hunt version.
    don't get me wrong lobi crystals are great and to get 15 each day is wonderful but there are many accolade hunters out there who would gladly give up that days lobi in favour of a otherwise unobtainable accolade.
    '
    they don't run the scavenger hunt because they made the lobi account bound. The accolade scavenger hunt was per character, so create a character run the hunt and deposit lobi in account bank delete character and repeat. Unlimited lobi. so the only thing they can do is remove those partial accolades which they haven't gotten around to yet.......

For me I'm going to use these lobi to pick up pearls during the summer event, I'm hoping Ill get enough to get the Corvette and the cruise-liner for my ferengi. Shouldn't be too hard as I got the discounts for the Corvette from getting it last year.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck