test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Odyssey Uniform does not save/load corretly on my Boffs

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I try to load a previously saved Odyssey uniform (marked the "just outfit" box) from my (female alien) player char to one of my boffs it will either:

if not the same species (i.e. Vulcan) trys to make that Boffs facial, body, textures & hair as close as possible to my player char and changes the outfit to Antares 1, Diplomat pants & Boots - Leather and the message "Unable to use this costume in this slot due to type or old costume data"

if the Boff is also Alien it makes a carbon copy of my char. In that case the Oddy uniform is applied (sadly everything else too) and no error message is presented.

Gender makes no difference, trying to use that outfit on a human male boff also results in the char trying to mimik the playerchar as good as possible and getting Antares 1, Diplo.pants & Leatherboots and the message "Unable to use this costume in this slot due to type or old costume data"

All uniform parts saved are also available to manually pick for the Boffs; the problem most probably is the game trys not to load just the uniform but everything else too.

If I try to load a saved free Sierra Uniform from one Vulcan boff to another it works as intended (picks just the Uniform leaves the rest as it should be).
Post edited by theanothername on

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This this and more this.

It's the same issue as the swimsuits on the captains, but on a boff there's oftentimes no way to reset it. I managed to reset it on one by some miracle, but no matter what I do to resave a 'valid' costume on others, it fails utterly. And t he Odyssey uniform isn't the only one affected.

It acts, in all honesty, almost like the swimsuit bug from the Risa event, and the buggy saving that made it wearable off Risa...