test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undine Lock Box Kit/Modules... and Dr. Sibak (clone)?

breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Academy
Okay, so I was looking at the various kit modules available from the Undine Lock Box and something sprang to mind: Are there finally a few more abilities that benefit from good old Dr. Sibak (or at least the clone we kept hanging around)? Previously, the number of Psionic abilities were extremely limited, basically restricted to Mind Drain (Reman), Rapture (Lethean), Telekinesis (Alien), and a couple Vulcan abilities... if I remember correctly, since I really only use Mind Drain. Now, though, we have a lock box with additional Psionic kit abilities...

Mechanic Kit Module - Psionic Empathy Feedback
Strategic Kit Module - Psionic Command Aura
Research Kit Module - Psionic Assault

So, do these get the same Dr. Sibak (clone) benefits that other Psionic Abilities do?

Oh, and for a further stretch... the Fluidic Kits all add Psionic effects to specific sets of abilities... do kits featuring [PsiBuff], [PsiDmg], and [PsiDoT] allow affected abilities to benefit from Dr. Sibak (clone) doffs as well?

Thanks in advance for your answers... we do after all have a Friday the 13th coming up next month ;)
Ym9x9Ji.png
meimeitoo wrote: »
I do not like Geko ether.
iconians wrote: »
With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
Post edited by breadandcircuses on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From what I've heard, no they don't get buffed by Sibak (a Cryptic oversight) but I haven't verified this myself.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From what I've heard, no they don't get buffed by Sibak (a Cryptic oversight) but I haven't verified this myself.

Ah well... actually flagging them to work with Dr. Sibak would've made the Kit Modules interesting. Since those particular Modules don't really synergize with the doffs available to the standard abilities, they really aren't that impressive without functioning as the Psionic abilities they claim to be. Hopefully they fix that for the Friday the 13th next month; I'll look into picking those Modules up if/when they fix that :P

The kit adding Psionic effects to non-Psionic Modules being affected would have been nice, but that was a long shot anyway; I just wondered if anyone having the Fluidic Kits and a Dr. Sibak (clone) had tried it out ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​