test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question to the comunity: How loyal are you to STAR TREK ONLINE

12346»

Comments

• spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As to the exploration clusters, they are not very good. Like they have said, you get a handful of kind of crappy missions to play through to get your dailies done. Dilithium and DOFF missions are the only reasons I may - may - swing by a cluster. Crafting is not worth the resources right now so data samples are only useful for certain fleet projects.

While I didn't quite like the tone of the explanation - basically throwing it on to the players to make fun missions via the Foundry - I'm okay with exploration clusters departing. I think they ought to find a new daily as another source of dilithium and consider some new and improved exploration system - exploration is kind of core to Star Trek after all.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    invested enough that it would take quite a bit for me to just quit. Depends on what loyal even means... I will be playing other games too, but I won't be quitting to go play the latest and newest esp if that means starting a new series of payments for another game...
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I guess I'd say I'm in between 2 and 3. I'll never actually STOP playing, but I will take a few months off from time to time if I get bored and let cryptic do its thing and update it, then come back and see all the shiney new things and dive right in. I'm by no means a 1. I'm usually the first to see cryptics TRIBBLE ups and jump on them.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    I guess I'd say I'm in between 2 and 3. I'll never actually STOP playing, but I will take a few months off from time to time if I get bored and let cryptic do its thing and update it, then come back and see all the shiney new things and dive right in. I'm by no means a 1. I'm usually the first to see cryptics TRIBBLE ups and jump on them.

Congrats on your post count you devil you.
  • gorrbagggorrbagg Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Captains,

FYI... you got sucked into posting in a necro thread. Since the conversation has continued for several pages, I'm going to leave it open for now.

However, I am noticing some forum rule violations and if they continue the thread will close.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • roujin346roujin346 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If the link doesn't work than look it up yourself. As cryptic has been talking about changes to the game for some time. Now they finally are getting around to it and people are complaining?
    Make up your minds. Do you want them to work on things in game or not?

Mind you not everyone is going to be pleased with what they turn out. If you pay to play or are playing for free, doesn't change the fact that Cryptic is going to continue moving forward whether we like it or not.

The question the OP asked is "How loyal are you to the game?"

If you're like me and don't give a damn because it is just a game than I'm sure you're going to stick around and give yourself ample breathing room when you feel the game is trying to put you in a coma. For others, that isn't the case and those people chose to leave altogether.

That is your choice, always. I for one like the game, love anything Trek, love my fleet and the antics of the people on chat.

I'm not going anywhere. That answers how loyal I am.
  • roujin346roujin346 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In regards to the Dev notes or blogs, someone stated, that they were wondering "why haven't the devs released anything regarding the changes and if they were hiding anything they didn't want us to know."
    Must be another thread but the dev notes and blogs are all the blue prints to what they're thinking. I do glance those every now and then to see what they might be working on next.