test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Khitomer Vortex (at very least)

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm not sure if this bug is just in Vortex Elite, or with all the Scimitars. But it seems that for the moment Donatra is often able to fire Thalaron Pulse well before its warmup is complete.

She decloaked and it was instant 'boom', almost the whole team got vaped.

I don't recall that ever happening before, if this is normal, someone please tell me.
Post edited by tasshena on

Comments

• Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This has been happening for a long time. It is triggered when a captain uses specific abilities on her. A specific example being the heavy graviton beam ability from the maco set. If this is used on her whilst she is charging, she will fire prematurely.

This is a strange effect for the HGB to have as its effect is to temporarily disable a ships auxilery power. You would think it would cause Donatra to loose her charge.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    This has been happening for a long time. It is triggered when a captain uses specific abilities on her. A specific example being the heavy graviton beam ability from the maco set.

A-ha!

I was unable to reproduce this in local testing. I'll definitely be trying this out, with that information.

Thanks!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On a side note, I think I've heard rumors of it affecting the playable Scimitars, too, if they get disabled while charging the pulse, but I haven't run any tests on it.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A-ha!

I was unable to reproduce this in local testing. I'll definitely be trying this out, with that information.

Thanks!

Sensor targeting from the rep traits also sets it off bort.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it should stay...you know what the counter is? Scatter...

Simple tactic in an otherwise tactic less fight
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seeing a pattern here...

Effect 1: Charge
    Effect 2: Fire (when Effect 1 "ends")

Player Abilities or some other situation cause Effect 1 to end prematurely, triggering Effect 2.

Effect 2 should activate on Effect 1's "success", not "end", because "end" means "success" or "fail". Cancelling Effect 1 through the use of skills should trigger "fail" on Effect 1, causing Effect 2 not to activate.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Using Viral Matrix on Donatra while she is charging up makes her fire immediately.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A-ha!

Thanks!
    This happened again to me just the other day. Got one-shotted as soon as she came out of cloak (and *then* the warm-up happened).

Someone in the team chat advised another player to stop using Viral Matrix against her and the problem went away: Her next attack had normal warm-up/discharge. Could have been just the intermittent-ness of the bug, coincidence, or maybe VM was a cause?

Edit - Ah, so someone else has noticed VM being the culprit too:
    toiva wrote: »
    Using Viral Matrix on Donatra while she is charging up makes her fire immediately.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A-ha!

Thanks!

It's any ability that disables the weapons subsystem. Sub targeting, phaser proc, HGB. Affects player Scimitars, too.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, I've been wondering why it's been happening more often lately, and now I know. Really sucks if you're with someone who is using phasers.
    dahminus wrote: »
    I think it should stay...you know what the counter is? Scatter...

Simple tactic in an otherwise tactic less fight

How exactly do you "scatter" when you don't have full impulse because you're still in combat mode and/or the blast goes off before you can even press a key??
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, I've been wondering why it's been happening more often lately, and now I know. Really sucks if you're with someone who is using phasers.

The changed romulan T4 rep power 'sensor targeting assault' also triggers it now I believe since it was altered from a placate to a weapons subsystem offline effect.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Easy to repro once I understood that certain types of interrupts were causing it to prematurely fire.

I've checked in a fix for all Thalaron Pulses, that should clean up this behavior:

- While charging, this power will no longer instantly trigger if interrupted
    - This applies to both Player and NPC versions
    - The version used by Donatra in Khitomer Accord is different, in that it cannot be interrupted under any circumstances (It's a boss fight!)
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Easy to repro once I understood that certain types of interrupts were causing it to prematurely fire.

I've checked in a fix for all Thalaron Pulses, that should clean up this behavior:

- The version used by Donatra in Khitomer Accord is different, in that it cannot be interrupted under any circumstances (It's a boss fight!)

Good to hear. Looking forward to the patch containing it.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014

Donatra instantly triggers her thaleron instead of doig the full load up before firing. if you use a power that drains her Auxilary power, draining her power causes her to activate the weapon and fire after 2 seconds....

Please fix this. It's really annoying borte
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Will it still fire (after normal charging time) if charging is "interrupted"?

(This is a little confusing. Interrupting charge would mean the skill wouldn't fire. Because it's not, you know, charging. If it's no longer charging then it shouldn't fire...)
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I've checked in a fix

Borticus smash!

*plays the Borticus victory theme*

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    Will it still fire (after normal charging time) if charging is "interrupted"

No. It won't. That's precisely what will be fixed/changed.

If some circumstance causes the Thalaron Pulse to fail to activate, it will simply fizzle and not fire, immediately at the point where the activation was interrupted. This can include setting a subsystem offline, or holding the target, or a number of other things.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This is great news, thanks. By any chance would it be possible to fix the cloaking behavior on Scimitar NPCs? Right now they are instantly cloaking every time their primary target gets within 5km and they cannot be decloaked or prevented from cloaking with any existing abilities.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No. It won't. That's precisely what will be fixed/changed.

If some circumstance causes the Thalaron Pulse to fail to activate, it will simply fizzle and not fire, immediately at the point where the activation was interrupted. This can include setting a subsystem offline, or holding the target, or a number of other things.
    Yay Borticus, the Mighty Smasher of Bugs! Thanks!

I hated that annoying bug.

Ok, actually, if I'm being honest... KASE has become so easy (and let's be real, the penalty for dying is basically non-existant), that I kind of liked that bug. Well the part where she'd pop-out and occasionally surprise me (and often other members of the team) and >poof< we were dead. It didn't happen all the time - quite rarely, in fact - so I mostly just thought it was hilarious/entertaining. I small shock that livened-up an otherwise routine mission.

The only really annoying part was that her warm-up animation continues after she pre-fires. LOL

:D

So, uhm, Bort. Can you put it back, please? Hahahahahahaha!

(No... really... can ya?)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    (No... really... can ya?)

No. But if this makes her too easy, I can always decrease the charge time on her uniquely uninterruptible Thalaron Pulse from 12 seconds to... ~6-8 ... or so.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No. But if this makes her too easy, I can always decrease the charge time on her uniquely uninterruptible Thalaron Pulse from 12 seconds to... ~6-8 ... or so.

Do it do it do it doit.....

If you don't do this I will crush you with all may shattered hopes and dreams :P

• Options
    edited May 2014
    How exactly do you "scatter" when you don't have full impulse because you're still in combat mode and/or the blast goes off before you can even press a key??

Evasive maneuvers, emergency power to engines. Attack pattern omega, auxillary to inertial dampeners, impulse capacitance cell, deuterium surplus, full power to engines.

Yo bort, I know your still reading this thread...any chance of buffing enemy ships so that it's encouraged to take advantage of defense when moving fast and having to use more survival abilities to survive?

Right now, you can sit and turret at 1 km with a few minor heals to stay alive...at least make people that get a -500% defense value...that would do the trick

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Vote +1. :)

Can you make it a weighted variable timer? (Is there such a thing? lol) Where most times it's 6-8s, but some times it's 1-2s (and maybe even some times it's 10-12s)?

You know... To spice things up.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Vote +1. :)

Can you make it a weighted variable timer? (Is there such a thing? lol) Where most times it's 6-8s, but some it's 1-2s (and maybe even some times it's 10-12s)?

You know... To spice things up.

Ah variety...such a harsh mistress

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Donatra instantly triggers her thaleron instead of doig the full load up before firing. if you use a power that drains her Auxilary power, draining her power causes her to activate the weapon and fire after 2 seconds....

Please fix this. It's really annoying borte

That explains why my uber drain Voth Palisade triggered it upon me using a Tyken's 3+Siphon 2+Aceton console combo on her while on QSM (Tier 5 Rom). It's kind of idiotic that her cloak is invulnerable to GW, but you use anti-proton sweep or photons and they show clearly where she is.

Lol, at 12 seconds, some people still get constantly caught in her blast.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yes yes yes! Do it!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    How about some extra icing and have it. If you die, your ship is assimilated until donatra dies or the group wipes.

Now that's a mechanic a borg boss should have

• Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A-ha!

Thanks!

I remember the grav beam or any KB space ability being able to cancel it out (or at the very least move here out of range to save the team before she fires), don't know why it changed.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

That would certainly make it more.. tense.. heh. The space stfs are like routine patrol missions now.

5% chance of a 4 second charge up with a different sound effect (higher pitched, more "urgent") and added red cutting-beam-style targeting lasers fast attack? :p

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2014