test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Weekend Event Is Now Live! Now Dead! LOL!!!

sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
Sorry but no. A 3-day con, with Free Comic Book Day & Star Wars Day all in one weekend meant my only chance to get in on the 'event' would be Monday morning. After some Launcher fails and a disconnect or two, I was finally in with barely an hour left. But I can't transwarp to the mine for free, I have to transwarp to ESD then warp to the asteroids in Beta Ursae.

This is a newer char, and I get to the mines to find he doesn't have any environmental suit. Nothing in Bank or Mail sent from alts. Suits on the Exchg are frakking astronomical-ridiculous prices. I can't collect anything from the fleet bank yet, so I can't touch those suits. At Lv 11, he just started doffing and hasn't earned much dil yet.

Eventually a fleet mate had helped me acquire a suit. About 2 minutes were left to the dil event by then. So no bonuses for me, but at least I could harvest some crystal at the fleet mine. Finally.

Before I called it a day, I heard from some friends they were having disconnect issues that day too; more so than myself. Maybe a network issue closer to the servers' end? US & UK players with same and/or similar issues in same time frame.

well now that you're informed I'm gonna attempt launcher and get some more dil. Have a nice day!
4073703.jpg
[SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
=A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
Post edited by sarvour0 on

Comments

• lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fail Troll Fail...

-100/10
    HzLLhLB.gif

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thankfully this wasn't the last Dilithium Weekend Event ever. Better luck next time.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd care but apparently i've hit my quota for today.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Sorry but no. A 3-day con, with Free Comic Book Day & Star Wars Day all in one weekend
    Which was your free choice.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow. Miss the point much? Only iconians seemed to get the message; everyone else is focusing on the wrong details or taking it in the wrong light.

For all any of us know, I might have had game issues with the launcher the whole weekend.

The point was that of the time I wanted to spend playing, was wasted trying to just get the game up and running and staying connected. Yes I was plenty P.O.'d by this but got over it and tried to have some (productive) fun anyway. That players an ocean apart were having connectivity issues was something I thought PWE should be aware of.

That said, I'm done discussing this incident.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    For all any of us know, I might have had game issues with the launcher the whole weekend.

Therefore the real point is "I could have actually had a reason to whine rather than having decided to do something else all weekend, but I'm not about to let that stop me- I'll just gripe about what could have happened in an alternate reality where I made any real attempt to begin with."

Got it. :rolleyes:
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dilithium events are useless anyways lol.
  • buommanbuomman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pity party for the guy who can't get into the FREE TO PLAY game to get a few ounces of extra dil. because he CHOSE to do other things. Maybe get in the game and get more active in other areas and earn dil. like the rest of us? Just a idea.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't say much about connection issues since I don't recall having any...

However, you did not need to run around all over the place to get an EV suit. It is actually very easy to get and fairly inexpensive. There is a vendor at the mining station who will sell you a used EV suit for only 100 dilithium if I remember correctly.

Getting 100 refined dilithium is also very easy as well. Just go to the Academy and take the Path to 2409 quiz. The correct answer (which can be Googled) will give you 480 dilithium ore. Simply refine it and POOF!!!! You now have enough refined dilithium crystals to buy the EV suit.

This is not the last "Dilithium Bonus" weekend and dilithium is still fairly easy to get so overall, it is not a big deal.

On the other hand if you wanted to buy a Lifetime Subscription on sale rather than pay the full $300 and you missed the opportunity, then that is something worth whining about.

Dilithium? Meh...
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't quite understand. Are you blaming cryptic because it was star wars day ? Because it was difficult at lvl11 to grind what is mostly an endgame resource ?
    Or just ranting because you have so much to do in your life, and not enough time (which is kind of horrible, I hope the UN or someone do something) ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]