test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next FE Rerun - Why so short?

mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
What the title says.

I've noticed the calendar showing a 12 day FE rerun starting May 16th. This seems rather short, compared to the last one. Last year you could get up to 500 Lobi if you ran one of the FE missions each day. This time, with only 12 days, its 180 Lobi at maximum.

I'd like to hear Cryptic's reasoning for the change.
2bnb7apx.jpg
Post edited by mrspidey2 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My guess would be lost income from lottery boxes.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably because a bunch of us just ran Spin the Wheel once a day for that 500 Lobi. That's next to no effort for a whole lot of Lobi.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Shut up, you guys didn't find an exploit and now its being somewhat, half-assed corrected?

Someone didn't get enough hugs as child.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So it's shorter than the other one. Okay. *shrug*
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's longer than other events we get.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Shut up, you guys didn't find an exploit and now its being somewhat, half-assed corrected?

Someone didn't get enough hugs as child.
    Where did they say that?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    My guess would be lost income from lottery boxes.

That or the Summer Event will be rolling around pretty soon, so it's being cut short.

But it's probably that.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    That or the Summer Event will be rolling around pretty soon, so it's being cut short.

But it's probably that.

i doubt it and i highly doubt it's from the lack of lockbox resource spending due to the fact the undine lockbox are a hit from the amount of ship winner spam i see on my screen lol.

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

But it's probably that.

doubt it, more likely the last event at 500 lobi was perhaps more then they intended and brought it into line, considering what they have done with the rep grinds recently and fixing other things that would of given an advantage once in the past, it fits the available information presented by the devs in 1st hand observations.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    my guess would be it was deliberately reduced this time around due to the exploiting people were doing last time

now, obviously i can't say exactly what it was, but the ones that did do it were literally DROWNING in EC by the end of it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    i doubt it and i highly doubt it's from the lack of lockbox resource spending due to the fact the undine lockbox are a hit from the amount of ship winner spam i see on my screen lol.

That means the next lockbox will be even more op. Btw, look in the mirror, and you'll see the last sto player who haven't yet disabled screen spam.;)
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do we even know if were getting the same amount of lobi per day?
    I mean it could be a shorter event, but more lobi per day resulting in the same pay out.

If not i'm going to be really sad. :(
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hope there's enough time for me to get the bonues stuff. one of my fed tac toon hasen't got them yet and playing a new klingon engineer for the first time