test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would I be alone if...

timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
...I said I really don't like the new website layout? I miss the old one. It seems to try too hard to combine all of Arcs games (that i'm confident most of you, like me, don't play) instead of making STO more unique and "alone" in the universe.

Also, if ARC ever became the sole way to play STO, I probably wouldn't. I have enough third party game browsers raising hell across my desktop.

Nothing will change. Just curious what you guys think of the site. It's also annoying how navigate to http://www.startrekonline.com only to have a popup appear and tell you it's transferring you.

Not sure how long it has been up and running, I only recently came back after taking shore leave for a few months.

Any-who. Earth Space Dock ROCKS! I hope they continue to revamp areas like this as we go, especially ship interiors. I want to have the ability to take a shower, inspect cargo in my hold, interrogate prisoners, fly a shuttlecraft out of a bay, visit the old west in a holodeck and surf the STO Forums from my ready room.

...then I woke up.
To Infinity be with you and beyond!
Post edited by timalcoser on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    99% of people hate the new website. That's not a fake statistic, go take a look at the old threads in the announcements subforum pertaining to ARC and the new website.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Even I, self proclaimed collaborator of bad game companies, who likes things like the Arc launch thing because PWE gave us some free goodies, and I love free goodies, dislike the new website. Mostly because it signs me out every time, and now all the links from the wiki are broken
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    maddrivermaddriver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The main problem with the Arc website is that it has no identity beyond "standard online gaming shop".

The STO and the NWN websites should have distinct color schemes, different borders, graphics, logos and so on, specific to the game in question, while keeping the Arc layout for consistency.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How dare you all! PWE have made sure we have a bland, un - unique, awkward website at our disposal! Now go buy zen like good consumers.
  • Options
    timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    How dare you all! PWE have made sure we have a bland, un - unique, awkward website at our disposal! Now go buy zen like good consumers.

Lol. I have plenty of things to buy in real life...and ZEN is not one of them. Not by a long shot.
    To Infinity be with you and beyond!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No. No you don't.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    99% of people hate the new website. That's not a fake statistic, go take a look at the old threads in the announcements subforum pertaining to ARC and the new website.

Actually yes, that is a fake statistic. There is no way you were able to poll 100% of the player base that visits the website. Not even Cryptic or PWE could do that unless they force it hehe. Yes, a lot of people don't like it but I know a few that do.

My personal opinion? I find it okayish but not great.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    timalcoser wrote: »
    surf the STO Forums from my ready room.
    that one actually is very possible to do...but it does require ARC

all cryptic would have to do is hook up one of the terminals in a ready room with the shift + tab command, which opens the ARC overlay which includes a browser element

then a player would just navigate to the forums from there

viola! surfing the STO forums from your ready room

of course, not all bridges have ready rooms *cough*lockbox*cough*, so those that don't, any hooking up would have to be done with a random console somewhere on the bridge
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's pretty terribad. I had to make a greasemonkey and stylish script to make it tolerable to use. It didn't even take that much effort so it boggles my mind how "professional" web designers could make something so ***tastic.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.