test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We NEED a 'Contribute All' Button!!!!

fainthftkfainthftk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Reputation System
Its not like the Rep Grind wasn't already tedious enough but having to play a slider game across 5 faction on a new toon is REALY annoying. :mad:

Also it cant be too difficult to place a damn button there to just fill up the bars and give go, ESPECIALY IF YOU DO THAT 5 TIMES EVERY hour!

Geez. <rant off>
Post edited by fainthftk on

Comments

• aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hell even adding an option inside the settings for auto filling reputation resources maybe. like a check box or a button that says fill project and start. I mean anything would be better than continuously having to go slider by slider on every damn thing. specially the mark to dil projects.
  • fainthftkfainthftk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its bites me every day. :(
  • praetorguardiaspraetorguardias Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Agreed; it is incredibly annoying to have to click and then use the confounded slider three times to start a single project. A simple 'contribute all' button in the project window would be a major quality of life improvement.
  • reapers2109#2030 reapers2109 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    that would be too intelligent and helpfull
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll pay $20 in the c-store to unlock this! Cryptic program this in and take my money!!!! Pretty pretty please?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I second...I mean 7th this statement.

EDIT: There is no logical reason to fill a rep project to half (since unlike fleet projects, you can't just leave the rest for someone else to fill) so there shouldn't really need to be sliders at all, just a button to fill up as much as you can.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    posted by faintftk
    Its not like the Rep Grind wasn't already tedious enough but having to play a slider game across 5 faction on a new toon is REALY annoying.

Also it cant be too difficult to place a damn button there to just fill up the bars and give go, ESPECIALY IF YOU DO THAT 5 TIMES EVERY hour!

You grind rep so you can grind dilithium on all of the rep projects simultaneously while you rant about how tedious your play experience is. After all that exertion and mind numbing wouldn't it be a comfort to just ,"give go"? For your next DIY at home instead of mindlessly grinding dilithium why don't you rip out your indoor plumbing, dig a hole in your front yard and build an outhouse?
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reapers117 wrote: »
    that would be too intelligent and helpfull

Are you sure about that? I can see it now:

PLAYER XYZ: "WAHHHHHH!!! I HAD NO IDEA WHEN I CLICKED 'CONTRIBUTE ALL' DAT DIS PROJECT COST 30 TRIBBLE MARKS!!! I ONLY HAD 5!!! I HAVE TO GO OUT AND GRIND SOME MORE!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! CRYPTIC, PLEASE ADD A WARNING POP UP BOX WHEN YOU CLICK 'CONTRIBUTE ALL' TO LET EVERYONE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE DONATING, SO THAT PLAYERS CAN'T ACCIDENTALLY CONTRIBUTE TO PROJECTS THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MARKS FOR!!! THANK YOU!!!"

That's probably why the slider system was implemented. If there were a "contribute all" button, this is exactly what would happen. There would be a bunch of players blindly clicking the button, not paying attention to how many marks/credits/points/dilithium they have and then crying foul afterwards.
    warpangel wrote: »
    I second...I mean 7th this statement.

EDIT: There is no logical reason to fill a rep project to half (since unlike fleet projects, you can't just leave the rest for someone else to fill).

Yes, there is. It's to allow people to contribute to projects a little at a time for safety and to free up inventory. Take the Crystalline Event, for example. I've been donating a shard a day at a time, because I'm too paranoid about accidentally deleting all the ones I've wracked up so far. Same thing with Voth implants and injections. Why have these fill up your inventory for X amount of days when you can just put the ones you have towards a project as soon as you earn them?

With that being said, I can see how this system can be frustrating for those who have a guzillion marks/EC/XP to spare. The only thing I can think of that might work is having the "contribute all" button show up only if players have all the stuff needed to complete a project. But then you would still have this problem:

PLAYER ABC: "ZOMG, I HAD NO IDEA THIS REQUISITION COST 9K DILITHIUM AND XX EC CREDITS/XP POINTS!! NOW I AM DOWN TO MY LAST FEW THOUSAND DILITHIUM/XP/EC!!! Y U NO TELL ME DIS BEFORE I CLICK CONTRIBUTE ALL!!!!"
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    minababe wrote: »
    That's probably why the slider system was implemented. If there were a "contribute all" button, this is exactly what would happen. There would be a bunch of players blindly clicking the button, not paying attention to how many marks/credits/points/dilithium they have and then crying foul afterwards.
    No, the sliders were implemented because the interface is a copypaste from the fleet holdings.

It makes sense using a slider in fleet projects, because you may want to contribute what you perceive as your share instead of everything you have. In reputation projects there is nobody else to fill it up the rest of the way so you either put all the resources in yourself or don't. If you have 20 marks to put into a project, there is no point putting in 10 now and waiting to put the rest in later.
    Yes, there is. It's to allow people to contribute to projects a little at a time for safety and to free up inventory. Take the Crystalline Event, for example. I've been donating a shard a day at a time, because I'm too paranoid about accidentally deleting all the ones I've wracked up so far. Same thing with Voth implants and injections. Why have these fill up your inventory for X amount of days when you can just put the ones you have towards a project as soon as you earn them?
    No there isn't. That still describes putting in everything you can. Obviously, if you have one shard, putting in everything you can means one shard.

Explain why you would want to put in 7 shards if you have 10, and then there's a reason for the slider to exist. I certainly can't think of any.
    With that being said, I can see how this system can be frustrating for those who have a guzillion marks/EC/XP to spare.
    Mark conversion is an entirely different problem that wouldn't be helped much by this. That one needs a project that takes 1,000 marks at a time.
  • freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The contribute all in reputation tracks would save a lot of pointless clicks for most projects.
    Make it small or even hidden if you are afraid of SUE (stupid user error).

Grinding the reps through the hourly projects is a great way to earn dili and some easy zen.

Having that become less of a click grind, would be nice.
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pro: take care of all reps, or one stf with one click.

Con: not enough resources, contrib to tabs that you dont want to be taken care of at the present time. Accidently contributing all instead of particular rep tabs.

To take care of one con or two, how about being able to turn it on or off in the settings to prevent accidential contrib or minimize accident.

Am I forgetting anything?
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I prefer to refer to this as the "Carpal Tunnel System."

From an interface design POV, there's about 10 times as much interaction required as there should be.

If you're worried about people accidentally doing what they want to, add a superfluous confirmation popup, it would still be better than click-click-click-slide-click-slide-click-slide-click.
  • thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with having a "Contribute All" button as an option.

That's certainly what the majority of people the majority of the time would want to be doing.

Certainly I would. And if I didn't want to use "Contribute All" then I could always fall back on the slider bars.

It is finicky and repetitive and frustrating to line those up, again and again. With my new Delta Recruits, I've noticed it even more.

Which allows me to segue into a point that I've wished to grouse about since first encountering Reputation.

I did not understand the reputation system for about a year. I would come in, see you could pick "a project" (Gee - there are a lot of them!), and that you could click on "Contribute" and that you could bring up a slider bar.

It ENTIRELY ESCAPED ME that I needed to "drag the slider bar to the right." I would be so happy to be able to click "contribute" that I would do so. Not knowing in my ignorance that anything else was required.

Then I would wonder why nothing was happening. Then I gave up on the reputation system.

I'd keep coming back to it periodically (it was there on the menu, it must do something) and one day I got the slider across, and it stuck and then I finally realised what I was meant to be doing.

I delayed getting my main character onto the reputation system by MONTHS.

Okay, now this is user ignorance plain and simple, and I won't make that mistake again.

But I suspect in my defence that the whole reason that I missed it was because of the whole slider thing. I thought that having put in the effort to go into the reputation system, slot a project and contribute that I had done enough. Completely wrong, of course.

I bet though that I'm not the only new player to make that mistake.

Thanks.

Got that off my chest.

:o
  • thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pro: take care of all reps, or one stf with one click.

Con: not enough resources, contrib to tabs that you dont want to be taken care of at the present time. Accidently contributing all instead of particular rep tabs.

To take care of one con or two, how about being able to turn it on or off in the settings to prevent accidential contrib or minimize accident.

Am I forgetting anything?

I took the original poster to be referring to a

A) "Contribute All" button for the "three resources" for each reputation (marks, experience and EC), rather than

B) "Fill up all of the Active projects that I've slotted."

Maybe people are referring to one or the other.

Both are good ideas. Why not both?
  • lucurelucure Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It´s very annoying and tedious to fill all projects. And it's not that hard add one butonn to do this.
    Look, i was able to do it using MICROSOFT PAINT BRUSH. Come on Devs!

http://postimg.org/image/3rh6bxys7/

How can we make a dev to look this post? And if any dev see this, could you please, at least warning us that you acknowledged our message?
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lucure wrote: »
    It´s very annoying and tedious to fill all projects. And it's not that hard add one butonn to do this.
    Look, i was able to do it using MICROSOFT PAINT BRUSH. Come on Devs!

http://postimg.org/image/3rh6bxys7/

How can we make a dev to look this post? And if any dev see this, could you please, at least warning us that you acknowledged our message?

I didn't realize that adding a button in paint also automatically does all the behind the scenes coding for it too.

This just saved me hours of app coding! :rolleyes:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lots of things cryptic designs in the game are cumbersome... contributing to reputation projects, buying batteries.. sliders... sliders... sliders everywhere!!!! posting multiple items to exchange in singular fashion.. i.e. why can't we post all 20 items as individual postings rather than grouping them? Why can't the pve queue window remember my selections past when I log out? Why are stacks of batteries limited to 20? Why can I only purchases 20 batteries at a time. Why must I buy 10,000 shield generators at 250 per stack?

I mean.. need I go on?

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This all day.. Would be a MUCHO appreciated feature.. Maxing my delta recruits reps now that there are what like seven of em was giving me wankers wrist. All joking aside if there is one quality of life improvement to ask for, this should definitely be at the top of the list, especially since rep is not going anywhere and only expanding.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Commodities used to be 100 per stack for buy, we have to be happy that we can buy them at 200 (?) or 250 now. Rofl! :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Commodities used to be 100 per stack for buy, we have to be happy that we can buy them at 200 (?) or 250 now. Rofl! :)

Actually it used to even be at 50 at a time if memory serves at one point.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    original subject.

Keep the three sliders.. I can see the desire of a player to not want at times to do the full contribution quite yet, but a do it all button would be nice.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds