test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boff powers wont stay in actionbar tray

jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Does anyone have a solution to this i tried using two methods already the first one i tried was using 5-6-7 action bars but they just went right back to 1-2-3 action bars right in front of my eyes. the other thing i tried was using just 2 bars instead of 3 and it worked with one ship but when i tried it with another and saved the setup and changed maps it just went back to the same scrambled powers it had prior. this is really frustrating, it doesn't matter how many times i save the setup it doesn't work. if anyone can help thanks
Post edited by jakal122481 on

Comments

• Options
    lexintonlexinton Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iv had the same issue. it seems, for me at least that it gets reset when ever I go to a ground area. the when I switch back to a space area everything Is all jumbled and messed up. so iv just been avoiding ground area's today. idk if that's really the cause or not but seems like the only way I can avoid having to replace all my skills every 5 minutes. still sucks though..
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm having this problem too. It's REALLY annoying.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    kimmyyumkimmyyum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Exact same thing here, space-ground-space mapswitch and there go your skill trays. Lotsa people experiencing this one: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16587491&postcount=5
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I figured out a workaround. While in space, set up you quickbars/toolbars as you wish. Save the loadout as Primary. Swapout a couple pieces of ship gear and save the loadout as Junk (or whatever). I have tried beaming to space dock and my ship and this seems to preserve the quickbar configuration.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    kimmyyumkimmyyum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I figured out a workaround. While in space, set up you quickbars/toolbars as you wish. Save the loadout as Primary. Swapout a couple pieces of ship gear and save the loadout as Junk (or whatever). I have tried beaming to space dock and my ship and this seems to preserve the quickbar configuration.

Holy poo, that actually worked! I've tried making loadouts and saving them before, but this time it actually worked. Well, that's a relief. Hope for everyone that the devs can fix this one though.
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The pieces I swapped out were Omega: Assimilated 3 piece set and Omega: MACO 3 piece set. In theory, swapping out any gear should do it.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmyyum wrote: »
    Holy poo, that actually worked! I've tried making loadouts and saving them before, but this time it actually worked. Well, that's a relief. Hope for everyone that the devs can fix this one though.

Hehe, it worked for me ages ago, but 2 days after that, it was broken again.
  • Options
    sjw0101010101sjw0101010101 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, having the same issue since the release of season 9. It doesn't happen on my Starfleet ship, just my Romulan ship. Doesn't matter what I do, as soon as a cut scene ends, it all reverts to half my poswers missing, which tends to leave u in trouble since most cut scenes (especially in the latest Unidine threat) end in the middle of a space battle. Luckily they aren't that tough or I expect I'd have dies several times missing half by buffs.

At least bridge officer skills aren't affected if you leave there tab up, but I prefer to hide that and arrange them all on 3 skill bars.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kimmyyum wrote: »

i figured this out last night only difference is, i didn't save different parts i just made two of the same loadouts and saved them both as the same loadout. gonna try this while swapping ships im crossing fingers and hoping it works for that to
  • Options
    ihiriihiri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been experiencing the same thing. It is even more so inconvenient while doing missions that require you to switch back and forth between ground and space. 'Surface Tension' is a prime and very miserable example of thus horrible problem. The worst part is that even when attempt to switch back and forth or various other task I'm typically forced to leave system/change sector just to reapply my Boff skills. This also happens with ship equipment skills as well.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Been getting this thing since last night. It also isn't remembering the DOFFs you select for each build. So frustrating I feel like cussing in this post :mad:
  • Options
    sjw0101010101sjw0101010101 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was having this problem on my Romulan character but not my starfleet character. The only basic difference (both engineers) was that my Romulan ship had batteries on the bar. After i took the batteries off the bar so far my bar has not messed up. Havn't tried putting them back on will luve without for awhile until the bug is fixed, but at least it doesnt reset now after cutscenes.

Update: Only worked until I logged off then logged back on, now it repeats all over again :). So basically will not be playing my Romulan character for awhile, as is just too frustrating.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    so after some messing around on about 5 ships swapping back and forth, if you setup all loadouts on each ship the boff powers stay in the tray now all i did was save the same loadout twice since im only using the 2 standard slots they give you ,but maybe i will test different loadouts for different ships and see if it works but so far if you save the same loadout for all slots on each ship it will work and you wont have to redo your powers. also just to make sure, i did stfs in each ship just to make sure they stuck the way they were setup so if anyone wants to try it let me know how it works out for you