test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

once again I would like to Applaud Cryptic and PWE for thier outstanding work

idonotlikethisidonotlikethis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
after much tinkering and fooling about i finally managed to get my graphics to go from a completely unplayable blob factory to a nicer looking blob factory. good work on yet another ill thought out plan to utterly annoy people who have put a lot of money, time, and energy into this game (i was a beta tester and preordered too)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8mg0lne8mnxut3/Screenshot%202014-04-25%2000.18.22.png
(this is with my sliders set to max and all my options optimized)
Post edited by idonotlikethis on

Comments

• flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looks like you're running it at half resolution.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2014
    Your resolution is probably set at .6, as mine was when I first logged in. Go into "Display" and turn your res up to 1.00. You will see a world of difference! :cool:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It might have been a better idea if Cryptic would not touch the renderscale setting (other than to bring it to 1.0) when it resets graphics settings...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh aren't you special. Well then Mr. "beta tester and preordered" you've been around long enough to know how to properly set your graphics after they've been reset to default settings.

I'm a TRIBBLE monkey where it comes to fiddling with the games settings and even I figured out how to reset my graphics. If I can do it, it should be a snap for such a highly esteemed beta tester who preordered like yourself.

Oh wow, that made me spit out my tea! lol :D;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh aren't you special. Well then Mr. "beta tester and preordered" you've been around long enough to know how to properly set your graphics after they've been reset to default settings.

I'm a TRIBBLE monkey where it comes to fiddling with the games settings and even I figured out how to reset my graphics. If I can do it, it should be a snap for such a highly esteemed beta tester who preordered like yourself.

That's because if your machine doesn't have a problem, it's completely impossible for any other user who is running one of the billion or more possible hardware combinations to have one that's bugging around and can't simply be fixed by "fiddling with graphic sliders"?

You're right about the TRIBBLE monkey...
  • idonotlikethisidonotlikethis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's because if your machine doesn't have a problem, it's completely impossible for any other user who is running one of the billion or more possible hardware combinations to have one that's bugging around and can't simply be fixed by "fiddling with graphic sliders"?

You're right about the TRIBBLE monkey...

oh... how very very silly of me.....! oh yeah... i already did everything, resolutions been optmized everything is set to max i am litterally running the game at settings that would lag my GPU, but look awesome. the problem is tha tthe graphics update they did is completely incompatible with my graphics card. (this is a common thread in that it happened when they launched Season 7 only it cause my entire system to crash by crashing my drivers)
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Stop running at half resolution.

Stop messing with advanced command-line settings (such as renderscale).

Get a proper video card, instead of the buggy Intel integrated cards. (Those are the only cards that crash.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would think the login "Your graphics have been reset to default" would be the first indicator to go straight to your graphics tab like I did.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    I would think the login "Your graphics have been reset to default" would be the first indicator to go straight to your graphics tab like I did.

Who's awesome? You're awesome.
    ExtxpTp.jpg