test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Report Card thread

locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
In descending grade order, here's my opinion of what went well and not so well in season 9.

Server stability: A+
The exchange was running slow so I know there was a lot of people on. Great job!

ESD Revamp: A+
Club isn't as good. I'd like the bridge officer trainer to be in the ship selection area. Everything else is awesome.

PvP revamp: A+
About time and fits well with the whole "A New Accord" theme.

Kit Revamp: A
I would like to be able to craft mods up to xi very rare quality. Right now the only kit part we can craft is a kit schematic.

Tailor: A
Only reason why this isn't A+ is because I was hoping for the Be'ves option.

Remastered missions: A
I really like the Romulan ship interior design (as seen on the Flotilla) and am glad they included that design in the missions. The Borg cube interior design is super cool now too. I would definitely recommend playing them. The missions are better and there's good incentive to replay them as they have great rewards.
Cons: Preexisting accolades are taken off our completed accolades list. whaa? huh? :(

Featured episode: A-
Try it on elite and read all the text and you might agree that it should be a two part series for how long it takes to do. I am a big fan of the Nimbus episode series as it's fun, good duration per episode, and episodes are really connected. So they've proved that breaking thinks into multiple episodes doesn't have to mean a disconnected flow to the story if that's what they were concerned about. Undine were stuck in walls and I couldn't throw/shoot grenades at the floor when in aim mode (much like earth's academy dynamics during a scan particle event). When I make foundry missions, getting all the bugs out takes time so any bugs in the mission probably speaks to management giving developers a deadline. What really scored big points for this episode was the progression of the overarching storyline.

Undine Reputation: B+
Helped by the rep revamp (no commendations, no mk x, xi gear, sponsorship tokens available, no commendations). Hampered by the trait revamp. There's enough content options to earn marks and I'm looking forward to getting the ground set so I'm happy with it.

Space battlezone: B
I didn't like the space boogers or the eye of Sauron rifts messing with my ship but that's probably the point because it made me want to kill the Undine.

Undine Queued content: B
The number of marks received is fair. The daily bonus is great and I prefer it over the commendations. The ground mission was better than I expected. Like the battlezone, I just don't care for space boogers or the eye of Sauron rifts.

Reputation revamp: B-
The good news is that the Mk x, xi gear is gone but it's at the cost of potential accolades. Oh well, I can live with that.
Edit: hourly projects are nice. I'm changing this grade to an A-.

Trait Revamp: F
Currently it's bugged but it's an F anyway. I think they will make adjustments in the near future ie season 9.5 and there's probably plans to modify it already on the table. These plans might include some kind of Loadouts. Whole nerf thing aside, there's other problems. Let's say I want to play an episode. I spec species traits for space > play space portion > beam out > spec for ground > play ground portion > beam out > spec for space ... by the way, nice new loading screens.

What do you agree and disagree with?

Comments

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just about everyting but the trait revamp.

I give that a solid B. Only thing they frakked up was the amount of slots. Had they put it at 6/6/4 instead of 4/4/4 they'd of hit it.

Oh far as the FE, I give an A-, that's because it's WAY too long and could of been broken up into 2 episodes, 1 covering earth 1 qo'nos.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Just about everyting but the trait revamp.

I give that a solid B. Only thing they frakked up was the amount of slots. Had they put it at 6/6/4 instead of 4/4/4 they'd of hit it.

I agree that 6/6/4 would be good. Ideally, 8/8/4 with no modifications to rep traits would have been fine with me.