test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Concerning Kits

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
Couple of questions regarding kits;

A.) Is there no Mk X, XI and XII fleet versions of the Triage and Nanite Health Monitor Modules, and is there any mission that awards these Kit modules for completion?

and;

B.) Where do I need to go to trade in a Fleet Kit, and in doing so, will I receive a Kit Frame and all the Modules that came with the old kit?

Thanks in advance. The new kit system is more confusing than it needs to be :(
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
Post edited by johngazman on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

A.) Is there no Mk X, XI and XII fleet versions of the Triage and Nanite Health Monitor Modules, and is there any mission that awards these Kit modules for completion?

and;

B.) Where do I need to go to trade in a Fleet Kit, and in doing so, will I receive a Kit Frame and all the Modules that came with the old kit?

Go play badlands until you get lucky? It gives a random green kit module of your profession so if a sci char runs it you might get one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you sell the fleet kit in a fleet holding (spire, embassy), get the same MK with kit bonuses and same powers
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

and;

Can't answer A, but you trade fleet kits in where you bought them.

so, spire kits go back to the spire vendor, embassy kits at the embassy.

And you get in return, a kit that mimics the old fleet one which can be taken apart and rearranged, plus a small buff intrinsic to the kit frame.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    duaths1 wrote: »
    you sell the fleet kit in a fleet holding (spire, embassy), get the same MK with kit bonuses and same powers

Awesome, thanks!
    Go play badlands until you get lucky? It gives a random green kit module of your profession so if a sci char runs it you might get one.

I was doing Assimilation (it gives a random purple Mk XI) but so far no luck.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm... good idea. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    what sucks, is the fact there are no white modules for sale at the EC vendor. Least we'd have something till we got our gear higher.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    what sucks, is the fact there are no white modules for sale at the EC vendor. Least we'd have something till we got our gear higher.

Yep, that's a huge problem. You can only buy them from the dil vendor and the ones from the exchange are insanely overpriced (at least the more popular ones)
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

We'll be adding these soon.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
    edited April 2014

silly question why were they not added now when you went live? Seems like ya kinda dropped the ball.

No point in putting in all these shiny new kits if people can't buy modules to tailor it. :mad:
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I fully intend to keep using the old kits for as long as I don't happen to get a better new kit (which might actually be months or more).

Tip: replay 'Assimilation', should reward random kit frame with one random module.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    silly question why were they not added now when you went live? Seems like ya kinda dropped the ball.

No point in putting in all these shiny new kits if people can't buy modules to tailor it. :mad:

You're supposed to play the game and get the modules off drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited April 2014
    You're supposed to play the game and get the modules off drops.

Sure for better stuff, but why wasn'lt atleast white modules already in the EC shop off the bat? Should of been there. That way I can tailor my kit right then and there then play the game and pray for better drops.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I fully intend to keep using the old kits for as long as I don't happen to get a better new kit (which might actually be months or more).

Tip: replay 'Assimilation', should reward random kit frame with one random module.

This was my thinking until I discovered the trade-in for Embassy Kits. This means my Engineers now have all the bonuses of the Romulan Eng kit with Mine Barrier XII instead of Quick Fix.

Suddenly, I no longer need to swap between kits during KGE.

Good to know.

And what about the other modules at Mk X and above? Triage, NHM etc?
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How about a category on the Exchange so we can search for modules without having to know the name?

Granted, the names aren't hard to figure out. But the "All" category on the Exchange is still very broken for many things, so I have a hard time thinking I'm getting the entire list when I search for modules there.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I also noticed some things like Triage for medics are missing. Anyone know if these modules will eventually appear in fleet holding stores?
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone have a full list of all the missions that now give a kit module reward?

I can confirm that Assimilation gives a purple mark xi profession-specific frame plus module.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned "go to badlands" but it is unclear if they meant that as a location or if they mean the Cardassian mission named "Badlands". When I look in the list of rewards shown for Badlands on the initial Hail for that episode/mission, it does not list a kit the way Assimilation does.

Looking at all the other Cardassian missions I do not see any of them offering a kit frame/module. Prior to Season 9 one of those missions, Cage of Fire, did offer a profession specific mark x kit (old style). But it no longer lists a kit reward...not sure if that is just an oversight in rewards listed on hail or not.

Also, anyone know the best zone for getting high level kit module drops? I did an hour in Dysan ground battlezone and got one white module.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone have a full list of all the missions that now give a kit module reward?

I can confirm that Assimilation gives a purple mark xi profession-specific frame plus module.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned "go to badlands" but it is unclear if they meant that as a location or if they mean the Cardassian mission named "Badlands". When I look in the list of rewards shown for Badlands on the initial Hail for that episode/mission, it does not list a kit the way Assimilation does.

Looking at all the other Cardassian missions I do not see any of them offering a kit frame/module. Prior to Season 9 one of those missions, Cage of Fire, did offer a profession specific mark x kit (old style). But it no longer lists a kit reward...not sure if that is just an oversight in rewards listed on hail or not.

Also, anyone know the best zone for getting high level kit module drops? I did an hour in Dysan ground battlezone and got one white module.

I got two modules doing the FE again... but that was probably just luck.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I got a fluidic 12 off the market stupid cheap. (Purple no less)

Honestly the kit wont be the problem. It'll be the modules. A lot of work ahead to get the reputation to advance further up the chain.

It would be nice if the amount of dailys that actually grant rep go up. Or at least add reputation to building items. Having a total of 4 items that grant direct reputation of any significant variety makes it

3100 per day. And thats if for some reason your daily resets. My Undine daily has not reset for some reason despite more than 20 hours on cooldown.

3100 per day would make it about a month give or take to max out the rep. Assuming you did no projects.

I get why they dont want people to speed through it. Forced grind is forced grind =/ But not being able to craft modules when people seem to have already blown through the Reputation (maybe i'm misreading it) just makes things more annoying.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also, did anyone do assimilation twice? Wondering if the module is really random since I got the same module both runs, for engineer I got mark Xi purple shield generator module each time.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also, did anyone do assimilation twice? Wondering if the module is really random since I got the same module both runs, for engineer I got mark Xi purple shield generator module each time.
    It's random. However, some modules seem to be rewarded more often than others. I'm swimming in Sweeping Strikes, Lunge and Motion Accelerator modules but i haven't gotten a single Ambush, Supressing Fire or Battle Strategies module yet.
    2bnb7apx.jpg