test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chromodynamic Armor?

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So since the Armor visuals are gone, how come the Chromodynamic Armor did not have its visuals ported to the tailor?
Should be added and unlocked for those that have it quite frankly, since you cant turn them back on.

Please fix this.
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Uh... what did that look like again?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • synister247synister247 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How about making this armour useful past level 2?

Have it upgrade automatically or via access/unlock via the Veteran Reward System?

Same with the little console that pew pews mines and slow moving torpedoes..Or, anything else that gets obsoleted. This game should get better with time: Give them their usefulness back, hm Cryptic?
    edited April 2014
    The Point Defense console? I got that cross-faction for my KDF and slapped that onto my Mirror Vo'Quv. Works like a charm.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Point Defense console? I got that cross-faction for my KDF and slapped that onto my Mirror Vo'Quv. Works like a charm.

I have said it before, I shall say it again: Combine it with the other console turret, fill all eight weapon slots on a ship with turrets and have a machine-gunny good time. :D
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/888/chromoretaillineup.jpg

It had a unique "chrome" armor texture effect.
  • synister247synister247 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yes, a Console Slot, imho it's not worth a console slot past level 2....Now if they rebooted it as a device and beefed it up on par with say the universal console version and made it FREE via the Veterans Reward Unlock and upgraded it in Tiers every few months then Maybe it'd be USEFUL again at level 50?
    edited April 2014
    To be honest Pre-Order items were not much more than starters novelty items.
    The most special and unique thing about the Chromodynamic Armor was its cosmetic appeal, and now that is lost.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Really, the only useful Digital Download/Collector item worth anything after level 11 is the Red Matter Capacitor.

The armor looks cool, but is useless after you've had a chance to play the game a short time. Same thing with the TR-116 Rifle and the Automated Defense Turret (which should have 2 or 3 versions now with its energy type matching which faction the Captain belongs to).

Even with Plasma weapon boosts, the ADT still lags behind a normal turret (though, cloakers hate it as it can see and fire at them within 3Km).

I just wonder when the Agreements with the various companies (Target, Amazon, and whoever else) will run out as I know we'll see these items hit the C-Store shortly afterwards.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited April 2014
    The Red Matter Capacitor isn't a pre-order item though, which is why its actually really good.

But yeah, Cryptic.
    I would as an owner of the Chromodynamic Armor like to have access to its visuals in the tailor please.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can you make it in the tailor?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • methodus2063methodus2063 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I know some of the new options have a chrome like quality, and that pattern looks familiar. If it isn't one of the options, it should be added. Of course, I'd be for more options being added just on principle.
    Imperial Secret Order. "we are the ones that maintain the balance of power in the universe. May our shadow never fall upon you."
    edited April 2014
    There are several "shiny" armors, but none of them being the unique shimmering pattern/effect that the Chromodynamic has.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This sounds like what has happened with the Lobi Jem'Hadar set armour what came with a unique outfit when worn, that's now gone also
    edited April 2014
    Yes, a Console Slot, imho it's not worth a console slot past level 2....Now if they rebooted it as a device and beefed it up on par with say the universal console version and made it FREE via the Veterans Reward Unlock and upgraded it in Tiers every few months then Maybe it'd be USEFUL again at level 50?

I was referring to the one that was put in a lockbox that normally comes off the Thunderchild class. 6 Beam arrays for 360 coverage due to low turn rate, and if anything gets close... PD basically adds another weapon for a few seconds for more damage, even more against frigates and small craft.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Methinks Cryptic made a few oopsies with the new tailor...

I'm strangely enough hoping for some more restriction removals like with off duty wear being able to be combined with uniform pieces etc. I'd love to use some merc pieces with uniform pieces.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Methinks Cryptic made a few oopsies with the new tailor...

They were informed about this weeks ago during Tribble testing.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • omegcrashomegcrash Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    This sounds like what has happened with the Lobi Jem'Hadar set armour what came with a unique outfit when worn, that's now gone also

I have been looking all over for this. It's cost Lobi so you would think you would get the visual in the tailor. PLEASE FIX
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Would like to get one in the tailor, I own it as well.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I just learned this:
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Right click on the armor or kit, there is now an option to disable the visuals..
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited April 2014
    I just learned this:

Only, what you learned, is 3 days out of date and no longer applies. :rolleyes:
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd love a costume unlock with the Chromodynamic Armor.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited April 2014
    Only, what you learned, is 3 days out of date and no longer applies. :rolleyes:

No, some armors are still able to do this. Although, I've also learned that it doesn't work for them all. So, they do need to give the "Enable Visuals" option back to ALL armors.
    GrWzQke.png
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ummm, it's all still there ... All of the "old" armours are available as a costume options, even the "chrome" ones ... BTW it looks hilarious seeing a Klingon running around in that skin tight armor!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, the Chromodynamic Armor is unique, and is not currently available.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    So, any chance to get the Chromodynamic Armor into the tailor as an option?
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    Holy necro!
    Go pro or go home
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    3 years. WOW!
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
    edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.