test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Mini stealth nerf, cool down?

architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
Am I seeing this right? The simple act of moving a tribble from your inventory to your character puts the tribble in a 15 sec lock out? Really?!? now tribbles are time gated? Frozen boots locked out for 15 secs as well. I understand (but disagree) with the STF marks nerf but were players collecting their 1 mark every hour too fast? :rolleyes:

What next, when beaming to your starship it has to "warm up" before it will move.
Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I seeing this right? The simple act of moving a tribble from your inventory to your character puts the tribble in a 15 sec lock out? Really?!? now tribbles are time gated? Frozen boots locked out for 15 secs as well. I understand (but disagree) with the STF marks nerf but were players collecting their 1 mark every hour too fast? :rolleyes:

What next, when beaming to your starship it has to "warm up" before it will move.

I think this to stop people carrying 2 of item X in their inventory, using one and then slotting the other to avoid the cool down on the first.
    giphy.gif
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lol....wut?? :P I have to try this, this sounds insane.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I mean like, two subspace jumps, use one, switch for the other, boom. Cool down avoided.

Bit more complicated (need to be out of red alert), but there you go.
    giphy.gif
    edited April 2014
    I mean like, two subspace jumps, use one, switch for the other, boom. Cool down avoided.

Bit more complicated (need to be out of red alert), but there you go.

No, sorry, I didn't refer to your post. :o

I was referring to the OP's post about having Tribbles on 15 sec cooldown.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah yeah. They did this to all devices. Any time you equip a device, it puts it on auto CD. Apparently it was to avoid exploits or something.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Ah yeah. They did this to all devices. Any time you equip a device, it puts it on auto CD. Apparently it was to avoid exploits or something.

Makes sense now to quell the great tribble exploit of 2014!
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its utterly ridiculous for ground devices, take frosty boots, by the time it is off cooldown i have reached my destination! Can this please be removed from ground devices!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you guys are wrong,....

The tribble swap was a well known exploit and thus has been prevented to lower the power creep as well as the rep traits.. both were the mayor factors in the power creep in this game, that why these are handled first
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    you guys are wrong,....

The tribble swap was a well known exploit and thus has been prevented to lower the power creep as well as the rep traits.. both were the mayor factors in the power creep in this game, that why these are handled first

How on earth is a tribble considered an exploit or power creep, in fact how is any device for ground an exploit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Well, it seems the Nerfmaster.....sorry....Grindmaster in charge ran out of things to nerf, so they started nerfing stupid things.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How on earth is a tribble considered an exploit or power creep, in fact how is any device for ground an exploit...

I believe some of the unique tribbles had outstanding bonuses; doubling them up with the exploit would make people pretty powerful, amiright?
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
    edited April 2014
    galadiman wrote: »
    I believe some of the unique tribbles had outstanding bonuses; doubling them up with the exploit would make people pretty powerful, amiright?

Using another Tribble cancels the effects of the previous one.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It's sarcasm.

The rule wasn't changed in order to nerf tribbles (they're still hour long buffs anyway), but to reduce the viability of hot-swapping other devices in combat, or using stealth to break combat and then relatively quickly switch kit modules.
    edited April 2014
    It's sarcasm.

The rule wasn't changed in order to nerf tribbles (they're still hour long buffs anyway), but to reduce the viability of hot-swapping other devices in combat, or using stealth to break combat and then relatively quickly switch kit modules.

Yes . . . But some actual testing would have been . . . nice/ responsible.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad frosted boots got a nerf. I've always felt that they should be a novelty item, not a tactical advantage.

Where I feel the pinch from this change is with batteries in space combat. I occasionally like to swap out batteries in combat, or if I run out, I'll put more in from my inventory, and the 15 second cooldown amounts to a minor annoyance. Not the end of the galaxy, but a minor annoyance.
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    you guys are wrong,....

totally agree, irresponsible tribble breeding is the major, if not singular cause of both power creep, klingon/fed peace (not sure why) and possibly maybe related to Undine expansion. How many tribble are undine spies in disguise?

in short, tribble were OP.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    galadiman wrote: »

Yea, except the first action that a tribble does, is wipe any existing tribble buffs, and then applies its own.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited April 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I'm glad frosted boots got a nerf. I've always felt that they should be a novelty item, not a tactical advantage.

Where I feel the pinch from this change is with batteries in space combat. I occasionally like to swap out batteries in combat, or if I run out, I'll put more in from my inventory, and the 15 second cooldown amounts to a minor annoyance. Not the end of the galaxy, but a minor annoyance.

Don't frosted boots go off line the instant you are hit?
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These cooldowns are very annoying...
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's not a stealth nerf, it's an overt nerf. It was announced on Tribble and in the S9 patch notes.

That being said, I'm really ticked off about consumable devices being put on cooldown when they're equipped. Kits and other reusable gear I can understand, but consumables is ridiculous.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited April 2014
    It's not a stealth nerf, it's an overt nerf. It was announced on Tribble and in the S9 patch notes.

That being said, I'm really ticked off about consumable devices being put on cooldown when they're equipped. Kits and other reusable gear I can understand, but consumables is ridiculous.

I must have missed it the wall o text patch notes from yesterday.
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The application of this cooldown to tribbles in particular is ridiculous, considering that they already remove all previous tribble buffs as their very first action.

I understand that it was probably easier to just code it to apply the cooldown to ALL equipable devices, but I can not think that the action is reasonable.

Cryptic, please rethink the cooldown of these devices, and the tribble cooldown in particular.
    I understand removing exploits, but with tribbles, there was nothing to expoiit to begin with.

Upping the cooldown from 6 seconds to 15 with season 9.5 only makes this worse. :(
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Google zombie! Kill it with fire!

*activates plasma flamethrower*
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Google zombie! Kill it with fire!

*activates plasma flamethrower*

Can I join?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas