test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

season 9 is unfair to us

agentkovalagentkoval Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Let me start by saying that I am not terribly active in posting to fourms, but I have been playing STO since day one. STO has been a large part of my free time activities; I have 6 level 50 toons, several with max reputation. I am a paying gold member, have been for a long time now. I dont purchase a lot of zen, maybe a couple hundred euros worth over the years. Now I have seen STO do some radical changes, and it is fair to say thay this is not the same game that was released, however I have not seen a season or a patch that has screwed over as many of the players as season 9.

Many people who have been playing for a while have spent considerable resources in the reputation system. I have sepnt hundreds of thousands of refined dilithum over my toons to buy rep gear and weapons. Now the reputation system gives out this expensive store gear for the simple task of slotting a project. on my newestt reman toon, who I just got to level 50 right before this season came out, slotted a romulan rep project and was rewarded with the same mk xi romulan plasma cannon that I spent 17k dilithum, 3 days of refining, hours of collecting romulan marks (which is now given much easier) and time of my life to obtain! Now the gear is only MK XII in my other toons rom rep system, which is 24k dil when the mk XI was only 17k dil before, and I was perfectly happy and successful with the mkXI. So I am forced to spend many more of my resources for minimal improvement!

The trait system is also unfair to us. We are forced to use four space traits, and four ground traits from the rep system, which again screws over us who have spent resources to unlock those traits, that we enjoyed use of, and now are denied. People who have spend resources on the retrain tokens are also screwed in this process. Why do we pay for a house and forced to live in a trailer?

You completely look over us who have played since early on in the games life. In the past I have not complained about the updates because there was an equal trade off. we lost something but we gained something. Here he have none of that! You take our resources and dont care about us. After all the time and money (about 200 more euro trying to get jem'hadar atrack ship this month) I am no longer having fun with STO if I only get screwed like this. Obviously you dont care, but I fully intend to cancel my subscription and go back to Blizzard. If this is the future of STO, maybe it is time for it to die.