test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missions Mk equipment

jenkaljenkal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
Do missions only give Mk XI equipment? Because on the Exchange I saw Mk XII mission equipment. I am confused... I am lvl 50 and doing everything on elite, yet I only get offered Mk XI equipment.
Post edited by jenkal on

Comments

• emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jenkal wrote: »
    Do missions only give Mk XI equipment? Because on the Exchange I saw Mk XII mission equipment. I am confused... I am lvl 50 and doing everything on elite, yet I only get offered Mk XI equipment.

Story line missions can only give mk XI equipment as a reward, that does not mean that some of these items can't scale to mk XII and be dropped from stf's or places like kerrat(this also doesn't include mk XII equipment from fleet stores and the reputation systems)

Please note that outside of PVP you'll do fine with mk XI story gear for the most part, having XII ultra rares and such is nice, but not a requirement for any of the content
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014

What kind of mission equipment? There is Mark XII gear that can drop (Ker'rat is a good place for it), but I think stuff like the Panatrinic Shields or the Efficient Impulse Engines don't drop in Mark XII. I may be wrong.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What kind of mission equipment? There is Mark XII gear that can drop (Ker'rat is a good place for it), but I think stuff like the Panatrinic Shields or the Efficient Impulse Engines don't drop in Mark XII. I may be wrong.

nope you're dead on, anything that's a mission reward stops at XI (something I don't see changing till we get a level cap increase)
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Be aware that from XI to XII there is not a big difference. People keep trying to get mk XII equipment at all costs, but in the end, there is no need for that. Not even reputation equipment. There is not point, for example in to grind omega reputation to gather the mkXII equipment. With mk XI will sufice. The differences is not really worthy most of the times. I never understood, since there is no sense to limit mk XII equipment in missions or drops. If yo tell me the difference between mk XI and mx XII is really noticeable, i will undestand but it is not the case.

I dont even cant find the difference between the maco mk XII equpiment and mk XI. Its almost the same . The only difference is, to gather mk XII equipment yo need to work really hard to gather em (borg neural processors).
    Until they re vamp mk XII equipment and other sets allowed to get mk XII, there is no point on trying to get mkXII or even reputation mkII equipment. In fact, you dont even need mkXI equipment lol. People just want the best of the best and they dont realize there is absolutely no need of that. But is the human behaviour, they want the best of the best no matter want. Instead of having fun. But wait, having fun in STO right now is soooooooooooooo hard lol.