test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ESD Wall Console #1 (the "overused" door)

borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
All of the consoles, contacts and doors from past ESD should (I know, that's a dangerous word) have been moved to new ESD. They may not be in equivalent locations, but I'm reasonably sure they are all there. For example, the old Wall console #1 that used to be just outside the Transporter Room is now in a conference room on the lower level of Ops.

Published missions are supposed to have waypoints for these interacts. I did find an issue today where a previously published mission had its ESD interact (Wall console #1) not showing a waypoint and the interact didn't work when I got to it. That was fixed by republishing the project. As far as I know, the Tribble projects have not been republished since their initial import and publish, so if you are seeing something similar with your missions, try a manual republish and see if that fixes it.

It appears this bug made it into S9. Two of my missions use this starting door. Both of them, once picked up, show no waypoint or flashing wall console in the conference room so they can't be started.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://imgur.com/FMn0bkF this is where wall console #1 is through door on wall. This is in ops.

http://imgur.com/NPUSE2f This is called Large Console #1 (it is right under transporter)

http://imgur.com/CBTkPyG This is where Wall console #1 is in editor.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    i8472 wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/FMn0bkF this is where wall console #1 is through door on wall. This is in ops.

http://imgur.com/NPUSE2f This is called Large Console #1 (it is right under transporter)

http://imgur.com/CBTkPyG This is where Wall console #1 is in editor.

Thank you for the pictures. That's how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, neither of those consoles work as a starting door for either of my published missions on holodeck. I have scoured every inch of ESD with my missions added to my "in progress" list to make sure the door wasn't elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for the pictures. That's how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, neither of those consoles work as a starting door for either of my published missions on holodeck. I have scoured every inch of ESD with my missions added to my "in progress" list to make sure the door wasn't elsewhere.

on Holodeck

okay what is the Name of the mission and ID #
    maybe Frost will be able to see what's wrong/up

The pictures I took were on Tribble.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Assuming I'm not the only one affected by this bug.

FWIW:

"A Taste of Collateral Damage" ST-HPMDJ5JQR

"The Omega Directive" ST-HJWZTY9FP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I cant get happy farmer to work, I can search it in foundary just fine but forget triggering it... none of the consoles work for triggering foundary missions.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

[1:05] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,436,935.

okay Had some free Time so I went and grabbed as many Foundry Missions as I could.

only mission I could find any evidence that it existed on Earth space dock
    Was

One Too Many ID:ST- HSYZMF3VC

This 1 I was able to Talk to the Npc beside Quin. but then I'm unable to find the console to proceed.

Wall Console #1 is not the only console not working correctly.

Also there are NO reach markers for any of the npc/objects/consoles (these are NOT Map Exit Points)

-Also Map Exit points have no reach markers

-Map exit points cannot be found.

Even tried a mission that said the start point was on the lower level with all the doors and hallway. (this is where I believe the Red/blue area is through the Turbo Lift)

*All these Foundry missions say they start on Earth space dock. I have not tried any other start locations at this time.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    happy farmer
    project id: ST-HLE7NGFHD

this one refuses to launch, and it requires ESD wall console #1, the one that was outside the transporter room on old ESD.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Loot-O-Matic 3000 does not work either.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You guys are going to have to wait until they either re-tie in the ESD objects or re-open the Foundry editor
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    zorbane wrote: »
    You guys are going to have to wait until they either re-tie in the ESD objects or re-open the Foundry editor

Like crypticfrost said in the post I quoted in the OP, this can probably be fixed once the editor comes back online in 3-5 weeks and manually republishing your missions.

I've heard reports of pathing issues as well. That is usually fixed in the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    I had hoped that the normal republish would keep this from happening. I'll see if there's anything we can do on our end. Please be patient.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    thanks for the heads up frost.

in the mean time I'll keep myself busy with missions that dont require that particular console.

..theres a particularly hard to get jem'hadar set I want to knock out anyways ^^
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had hoped that the normal republish would keep this from happening. I'll see if there's anything we can do on our end. Please be patient.

Keep in mind, Spotlight Mission authors will not be able to do this.

You had mentioned your heads up to Smirk, should those of us effected try to send him a PM at this point?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Keep in mind, Spotlight Mission authors will not be able to do this.

You had mentioned your heads up to Smirk, should those of us effected try to send him a PM at this point?

We are starting a new republishing of Foundry projects to make sure that everything gets republished. This will probably take until about Tuesday to complete, but I'm not 100% on that.

If that does not address the issue, I'll let you guys know what's next and/or there'll be an official announcement or something. So don't bury the Captain in emails just yet.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    heres hoping that works.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ...nope...still busted.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    ...nope...still busted.

I don't think the republish is completed yet, so please be patient. :)
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    chepetico2chepetico2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone!

Still here at work so I won't have access for a few hours. Just wanted to check if the republish is completed?

Thanks!
    Joe:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please leave comments or suggestions on the main thread for Homage to Galris at the following link.
    Also feel free to check out some of my other projects at the following link.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ok frost, will check again later.
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    OK, here's the situation. The republish is complete, but it seems that just republishing didn't do the job. We have turned on editing, so those of you who have affected projects that are not Featured can manually republish them, which should fix them. I expect that it's the act of opening the project in the editor that updates the project to use the assets on the new ESD, and otherwise the mission is looking for the assets on the old ESD.

For those of you with Featured projects, we are investigating a software method of updating the missions but I don't know how long that might take. I ask you to please be patient while we look into this. In the meantime, we're keeping reviews turned off so your projects don't get bad reviews for something over which you have no control.

When I get more information, I'll pass it on.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the update Frost, however it seems that while we're able to get into the editor, we're not able to publish. I had just made a new bug thread a couple minutes ago about it and it looks like Bazag has a made one a bit more detailed.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the solution, crypticfrost. Much appreciated.

Last night I was able to get into the editor and republish two of my missions (both started at the old ESD wall console #1). Publishing was successful for both and their new starting doors in the new ESD worked just fine.

If you are having problems publishing, I recommend waiting until off-hours. This has happened before (during the last winter event, iirc). I suspect the servers are being taxed or something during peak hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    well then..given the age of the one mission, I doubt it'll be updated any time soon then.

thanks for the help crypticfrost!
    Murphy's laws:
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was able to edit a couple missions, but nothing will publish.

Any idea on when this will be working properly?

Thanks Frost.
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    During or just before the republish I noticed that the ESD on Tribble had Wall Console #1 (and the others). Now I cannot find them on either Tribble or Holodeck (and others are missing as well). I think the assets were renamed or just removed. I would believe adding these assets with the same names to the map to match the old ESD assets should resolve all the broken foundry missions.

*fingers crossed*
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Many objects were renamed to be more descriptive of what they are and where they are located.

You can use this image to figure out what changed and what it changed to: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/14001981184_50e554f757_h.jpg

"Wall Console #1" is now "Conference Room Monitor" in the lower level of Ops.

The name change is unrelated to the breaking of the door links. The names were actually changed AFTER the doors had already broken. Republishing a mission will reconnect it's door.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.