test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oddy console set.

cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
In recent interview with geko. He said the reason for not launching both Aquarius and the saucer section is technical reasons. Then he says if they launched at the same time like MULTI vector assault mode it would work. Why not do that make a separation mode like that when you have all 3 consoles ?
Post edited by cryptkeeper0 on

Comments

• shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In recent interview with geko. He said the reason for not launching both Aquarius and the saucer section is technical reasons. Then he says if they launched at the same time like MULTI vector assault mode it would work. Why not do that make a separation mode like that when you have all 3 consoles ?

I think his argument was: with the multi vector, the model is either separated or joined.

With the Oddy, if you could launch the Aquarius when the saucer is separated then you'd also have to be able to do the inverse and separate the saucer after the Aquarius is launched. Simply, it makes the model designs that much more complicated.
    giphy.gif
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Roughly translated: They don't want to take the time to do things, so they come up with some BS excuse as to why they're being lazy.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think his argument was: with the multi vector, the model is either separated or joined.

With the Oddy, if you could launch the Aquarius when the saucer is separated then you'd also have to be able to do the inverse and separate the saucer after the Aquarius is launched. Simply, it makes the model designs that much more complicated.

I was tired when I wrote that sorry for any misunderstanding. I do understand that that's why I say if they made a specific mode when you have all consoles. You can just use that mode to separate both the Aquarius and saucer.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014

They would have to make a whole new model of the odyssey with both the saucer and Aquarius out. Then they would also have to make 2 more animations for the saucer and Aquarius launching. Things like that take a lot of work and I don't think they want to put the time in for it.