test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
The double xp events are awesome, but they are also a big pain for some players. The issue is that level-up to 10 for the first promotion is delayed, often until level 25 or higher. This makes new players and casual players very confused ... they know they should have a new ship by now, but can't figure out what the problem is.

I suggest either removing the mission gated first promotion (just promote at level 10 or do a catch-all and trigger it at level 12 whether the mission was done or not) OR disabling the extra XP from levels 1-10 (or 11?) so new players can get their feet wet without the confusion.

I helped a bunch of new folks over the last 2 events but once explained they are still stuck in a lowbie ship that makes the content extra difficult (mostly lacking a weapon and officer skills, it can't do the damage and healing needed for the content, esp vs the DD's, over and over again people can't bet a DD npc in their starter ship at level 25 ...)

Just a thought. I love these events, leveled another alt with just a few hours of play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    I helped a bunch of new folks over the last 2 events but once explained they are still stuck in a lowbie ship that makes the content extra difficult (mostly lacking a weapon and officer skills, it can't do the damage and healing needed for the content, esp vs the DD's, over and over again people can't bet a DD npc in their starter ship at level 25 ...)
    Meh, promotional ship tokens are a trap designed to cheat you out of your respec anyway. By level 20 you can skip ahead and grab the Temporal Ambassador freebie. That'll hold you over until level 40 when you can grab a Mirror ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]