test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how big is your STO screenshots folder?

nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
I stumbled across mine today and noticed I've surpassed 7 thousands screenshots or about 10 gigs worth! So many now that the folder is starting to look my my itunes library. Too many to ever listen to/look at without dying of old age. :o
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    0 Bytes. I almost never take screenshots. If I do, it's usually just for something else I'm looking at - so once I'm done with that - I delete it.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    only screenshots i got are saved costume changes, beyond that? nothing. reminds me i need to run ccleaner.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    10 gigs? SERIOUSLY? :eek:

I have screenshots since launch, both holo, tribble, and through Steam. All of it adds up to about ~700 megs.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    9.58 Gigs :D
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nynik wrote: »
    I stumbled across mine today and noticed I've surpassed 7 thousands screenshots or about 10 gigs worth! So many now that the folder is starting to look my my itunes library. Too many to ever listen to/look at without dying of old age. :o

I delete mine after I use them in my blog. I have a few (like, less than 10), that I'm hanging on to. But once they serve their purpose I don't want to waste drive space on them.

When I'm working on a blog post, I usually have around 50 or so shots waiting. I take a bunch and use the ones that seem most relevant. Then --*poof*-- I delete them. I'm not a hoarder. I don't need a million pics of the same characters, the same missions, and the same blah blah blah...
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Over 9000!!!!! mb:cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only have 11 images in the folder. I've been playing this game for a year now. I don't take many screenshots when it comes to games.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    I've only got about 5.5 gigs of STO screenshots here at home. I'd guess a little less than that still at work. But remember, I've only been here for a little over 2 years.

My Champs folder is 36 gigs.

Oh, and we take most of our shots as TGAs and upresed if they're going to be used for promotional stuff.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately not that large thanks to my previous harddrive being sold to me by a dishonorable Ferangi on DS9. (It broke taking its contents to the grave)
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only a couple. I usually upload my screens and then delete them from the folder so it stays pretty empty. :D
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only about 2.4 gigs.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Oh, and we take most of our shots as TGAs and upresed if they're going to be used for promotional stuff.

Is there a /command for TGA?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    nynik wrote: »
    I stumbled across mine today and noticed I've surpassed 7 thousands screenshots or about 10 gigs worth! So many now that the folder is starting to look my my itunes library.

Only 10 GB in your iTunes folder? Wow. Small collection. My iTunes library folder has 116 GB in it. Not that I have a whole lot of time to listen to all those songs/compositions either. Sometimes I just hit "random play" to see what gets chosen.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    99.5 mb.

But that's miniscule compared to my Skyrim screenshots folder. 2.06gb, and that's all jpg's.
    edited April 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Is there a /command for TGA?

/screenshot will take a tga. /screenshot_jpg will take a jpg.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently my screenshots folder is sitting at 560MB, 1172 images. Also, my desktop uses this folder as a source for random wallpapers that shuffle every 30 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have very few saved to my machine to save on space.
    I do however have many in the cloud ;)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently my screenshots folder is sitting at 560MB, 1172 images. Also, my desktop uses this folder as a source for random wallpapers that shuffle every 30 minutes.

That's a great idea. Thanks. :)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Since I've been taking my screenshots in Steam...
    eh... I think my folder's pretty small with just costume saves.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    /screenshot will take a tga. /screenshot_jpg will take a jpg.

Out of curiosity, how is the print screen key set up by default? It usually saves a JPEG, but occasionally saves a targa instead.

My screenshots folder is at 24MB right now. I usually delete any ones I don't want to keep, and upload the ones I do.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only about 650MB if you include both Holodeck and Tribble.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    my screenshot folder was destroyed
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Out of curiosity, how is the print screen key set up by default? It usually saves a JPEG, but occasionally saves a targa instead.

My screenshots folder is at 24MB right now. I usually delete any ones I don't want to keep, and upload the ones I do.

I believe it takes TGA if you're in a cutscene.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    105 MB /10chars
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only 512 MB on Holodeck, all JPG.

My 'Logs' folder though is at almost 5 GB. Nice collection of Wins and Fails (including mine). :P
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Just over 800 MB, with 2,971 screenshots.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited April 2014

PrntScr = /screenshot_jpg
    Alt+PrntScr = /screenshot_tga
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    8.25 Gigs... probably because when I screenshot something, I /renderscale 3 :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My screenshot folder is 64x64 pixels... that's it, there are bigger??? :D
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not that big. Would have tons more if I
    A) Still launched it via steam
    or
    B) Saved in Png