test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question just bought the life time sub

fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
When do I receive the 500 zen each month is it every month on the 12th or would it be today or what as I haven't received any yet.
Post edited by fangwolf1 on

Comments

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It'll be every month, so you'll hafta wait to get your 500 Zen
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yea I think you should receive it fairly quickly, I don't think you'll have to wait the month or whatever, I'm pretty certain I received mine almost instantly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fangwolf1 wrote: »
    When do I receive the 500 zen each month is it every month on the 12th or would it be today or what as I haven't received any yet.

I received my first 500zen within a few days of going life, now it seems to vary between about the 8th and 12th.
    I have seen many posts from people saying they haven't received their zen but they have never missed any for me, I often think that maybe people get confused especially if they have maybe converted some dil or paid for extra zen or made a purchase ect...

I have often thought there should be a summery of the last say 10 zen tranactions players can access so they can see better where their zen is coming from and going to.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    According to Cryptic, the stipend is rewared on the monthly anniversary for your subscription.

According to Cryptic...

Personally, I am still waiting for 4 months worth from when F2P launched.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should have waited some more weeks. I'm pretty sure there will be a sale before Season 9.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've just received my 500 zen today. So I guess you will get yours soon.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fangwolf1 wrote: »

Most times you get it the 25th of the month unless their busy you gut it little later...
    But don't tell you bought LTS for the 500 zen alone....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not a really good time to buy a LFS lol, not specially when the game is going down. The only thing you going to achieve is to give cryptic more reasons to keep breaking the game (of course this is directed to all people who buy lfs now). But as i said millions of times, people will never learn.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think PT Barnum had a saying for this......
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't think it's fair to say that Star Trek Online is going down. Sure it can use improvements but it's one of Cryptics most successful games and it has a pretty strong following if just by Star Trek fans alone.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not a really good time to buy a LFS lol, not specially when the game is going down. The only thing you going to achieve is to give cryptic more reasons to keep breaking the game (of course this is directed to all people who buy lfs now). But as i said millions of times, people will never learn.

So when is this breakdown going to happen... when will the (STO) world end... Tell us great prophet... Tell us...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014

My friend and I will both be getting the lifetime this year. Hoping for a sale soon. I have great faith in Trek and in STO.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I think Star Trek Online has a lot of potential. Although Star Wars games will as well with the new movie, I can almost guarantee, that while a year and a half away, 2016 will for sure see an explosion of Star Trek fans.

Plus I'm hoping CBS gets its act together and gets a new series rolling for Star Trek's 50th anniversary that would make Star Trek Online get a lot of attention as its official game.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Tell us great profit

There. Fixed that for ya. After all, in the early 25th Century, money is power.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My friend and I will both be getting the lifetime this year. Hoping for a sale soon. I have great faith in Trek and in STO.

Good luck lol. Its a fact that the game will be almost dead by 2016. Unless cryptic changes its way of doing things drastically.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So when is this breakdown going to happen... when will the (STO) world end... Tell us great prophet... Tell us...

Its common sense. Thats all. Something that a lot of you dont have, apparently. :D
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its common sense. Thats all. Something that a lot of you dont have, apparently. :D

Perhaps its the crowded queues and adventures zones. Or any zone for that matter teeming with wild life. Anyone that thinks things are great, are deluding themselves. Both the number of instances + the number of people in them (game wide) have dropped significantly, and 60-80% of the q'd game content will not pop no matter how long you wait. Yeah - thriving community. Big Dig anyone? Nukara? Terradome? Most Ground STFs, Gorn Minefiled? When last did anyone go to the Sphere conflict zone, and not immediately feel like committing suicide - it was so dreadfully lonely.

But you gotta love the light hearted "DOOOOOOOMMMMM"-pokers. The jokes on them. They're like the last drunken reveller at a party after the band has started packing up cheering an empty stage....

IMO. Grind over quality storyline.

The developers need to grab a cuppa joe and go play ESO and SWKOR - just to listen to some of the engaging storyline dialogues.

I wish that STO had dialogues like SWKOR - most engaging dialogues I've ever seen in a game other than Mass Effect.

The task are so brutally simple, but because they are some emotively wrapped in the animated dialogue you hardly even realise you've just been sent to fetch a rock.

Whats the difference?

Them: The stories build over time with a distinct common thread, and as the player progresses over time, they connect with why them are so important.

Us: The stories are individual pockets of small stories with nothing tying them together and you character's progression are completely linear without depth or uniqueness. Nothing you say or do has any influence over this progression.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Damn it, I made a prediction recently when it will end exactly, and why. Was it April of 2015?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    IF I were going to make an MMO...

I would fix all those "Doom Sayers" by having a Doomsday Clock on your HUD. It would work like this; There would be a time and date as to the official shutdown of the game from the lack of funding and profits. When players buy something time advances. When server costs and wages are incurred time runs back. When stocks go up time advances. I think most people would grasp that idea.

Then (in my game at least) no one could say "The End of the World is Nigh!" You could look at your DD Clock and know with some Earthly certainty they are wrong. Until the meteor hits and we are all screwed.

I was a monthly sub back in the day but I have too much on my plate these days. Have fun and enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The game's dying, eh? where's your source on this? Is it just something you thought up in your head, or do you have verifiable information to back up your claim?

Saying that it's common sense that the game is going to be shut down in 2016 is dubious at best.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good luck lol. Its a fact that the game will be almost dead by 2016. Unless cryptic changes its way of doing things drastically.

"good luck lol?" Is this Paris Hilton? Paris you're not supposed to be on the internets!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2014

2016? That's very generous of you. XD I wasn't even going to give it that long! This game is only holding by a thread because of its title: Star Trek. Had this been a generically titled space MMO...it would long have been dead and buried.

I have been playing MMO's for about 10 years or so, with quite a few, eventually turning to F2P models alongside subscription. Every single one of those is now gone. I see the same exact signs happening with STO, as I did with a few other ones that eventually closed. One of the last I had played was doing fairly decently, and just after a new bunch of goodies were released, and just when a new season was only two months or so from hitting live... The news came that the servers were going down in three months. Permanently.

I don't know who is playing where, but I don't see zones that are teeming with life. I know for a fact that hundreds of players have quit. No, I cannot "link you sources" since many were on my friend's list and my husband's friend's list. Fleet mates are saying the same; that virtually no one on their list logs on anymore and that the ones they have talked to, have pretty much confirmed they're leaving. Heck, we might be.

I'm not going to cry "DOOOOOOOOOOM" or what have you, I'm simply noticing the signs that seem to come along when games are F2P. They are adding more grind and cash grabs than anything else these days, and that in itself is wearing people down, especially when they won't do bug fixes. There are still bugs in the game from back at launch.

The Star Trek title is the only thing keeping this game afloat, but even that 'luck' is going to run out sooner or later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dooom.

Or not.

LotRO is still kicking and is basically a wow clone with a lotr skin, kinda like STO. But STO is really kinda two games in one with space/ground.

Your be surprised how long a game can go. Look at UO. Never went f2p, still online 17 years later.

Please list these games that went f2p and then closed. I bet they are nowhere near the IP of Star Trek.

I'm normally very pessimistic but this kind of doom is entirely hearsay and rumor mill mongering.

It's like predicting the end of the world. It's been happening forever, every generation has its "end date" and every single one of them have been wrong.
  • Options
    fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First off I did manage to get the zen it appeared about hmm a few hours after I made the thread.

The main reasons behind the LTS for me is due to me enjoying the game a lot and I have put in a ton of hours.

I had wanted to make a bunch of alt's for a very long time without having to break the bank. Well that fixed it. Also if I messed up one of my toon's I don't have to worry about respecing them as you typically get around what 8 each which is crazy if you ask me.

Then I calculated everything you get as a Life time sub and throw in the gold sub stuff and hey its alright.

Sure $300 is a lot at the beginning but if that mean's thanks to my contribution towards LTS that this game will be around for a few more years great not that I am super worried about it going offline I mean its owned by perfect world lol.

Meanwhile other games I used to play are still online so people who think this game will go kaboom in 1-2 years I don't think that won't happen.

Now I pretty sure there will be a LTS sale sometime within the next few weeks so you could say hey why didnt' you wait. Well to be honest I didn't really mind buying it now I mean ive been playing STO since it went to F2P so perhaps I should have got it then but that's it.

Lastly I compare this to lets say Magic the Gathering and man oh man it is so much cheaper to spend $300 on this then to go and spend that on a deck lol. Anyway life goes on thanks for the responses everything :)