test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple log offs

samanthavampiressamanthavampires Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Is anyone having issues with being logged off several time while playing? This seem to happen within the last week, I keep getting booted and have to log in.:confused:
Post edited by samanthavampires on

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It seems a small number of people are experiencing this issue, if it were a widespread problem the forums would have dozens of raging complaint threads made by every Tom, Richard, and Harry.

Since we aren't being flooded with complaints it's either a bug that doesn't happen to many people or it's a problem with the internet connection somewhere between the player and cryptic.

If it is the latter, there's nothing cryptic can do.

This. I've been having the same issue here of late. But I don't think it's on Cryptic's end.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been experiencing these problems, and it happens when I change zones and more frequently occurs on some of my toons rather than others. This has been occuring for the last couple of weeks AND IS GETTING WORSE.

At first I thought it was at my end (ISP problems) since ventrillo would go down and my internet connection on the laptop I am playing on would say no internet access.

But here is the thing - I tested it and these disconnects occured 22 times yesterday, and every (100% of the times) occured within 5-25 secs of switching zones/maps and never just during regular play.

Also, I ran my laptop for 12 hrs not running STO and just doing other things on the internet, and I never had a disconnect in that time.

Finally, when the internet was appearing down on my laptop, my router/other devices were having no problems whatsoever.

So here is my concolusion. Therre is something in the game that is broken, it is causing disconnects when characters change zones, AND ITS DISCONNECTING MY WHOLE SYSTEM FROM THE INTERNET WHEN IT HAPPENS!

:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited April 2014
    Yes the problem appeared from some time ago and it never stops.(I think after 8.5 launch actually)

I got a disconnect randomly at 20-30 minutes of game so it became normal now for me.
    Sometimes after i log again into game I am disconnected after 2-3 minutes ,then it is again a period of 20-30 minutes of play.Sometime is more like an hour or two before I got disconnected but usually is ~30minutes.

I noticed that I am disconnected more on my older chars than on new chars.
    (Older chars are better equipped and I play more pvp on them so maybe i stay more connected on them )

It is bad when you pvp and got disconnected because if you are not fast in logging back you are kicked from team automatically and sometimes your char dies in process .

And it is not from my computer or connection .I can play other online games without any problem.

Edit : My internet connection stays live during disconnects,only game application crashes
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dova25 wrote: »
    Yes the problem appeared from some time ago and it never stops.(I think after 8.5 launch actually)

I got a disconnect randomly at 20-30 minutes of game so it became normal now for me.
    Sometimes after i log again into game I am disconnected after 2-3 minutes ,then it is again a period of 20-30 minutes of play.Sometime is more like an hour or two before I got disconnected but usually is ~30minutes.

I noticed that I am disconnected more on my older chars than on new chars.
    (Older chars are better equipped and I play more pvp on them so maybe i stay more connected on them )

It is bad when you pvp and got disconnected because if you are not fast in logging back you are kicked from team automatically and sometimes your char dies in process .

And it is not from my computer or connection .I can play other online games without any problem.

Edit : My internet connection stays live during disconnects,only game application crashes
    Here we go again...

First, the fact that you can play other games or go to other sites has no bearing on whether or not you can get to Cryptic's Servers without a problem. The internet is not a single road. It is a trillion roads constantly criss-crossing. The path you take to Cryptic's Server could be 22 hops and the path you take to another game could be 19 completely different hops. Anywhere in those 41 hops something can go wrong before you get to your destination.

The only way to verify that it is not your ISP TRIBBLE with the route is to run a TraceRt.

Secondly, a disconnect can also be from your own computer - a graphic card can overheat or your memory can run low and it boots you or causes such severe lag that you have to log out. These are generally the type of things that build up as you play, so you have no problems for X minutes and then boom! An area that requires a lot of computer energy can crash you quicker then smaller areas.

I am not saying Cryptic is not having a problem - a couple of years ago they found out that Saucer Sep on the Galaxy was causing massive system lag due to a bug. I am simply saying that the problem could also be on your end and you are just not aware of it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.