test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ESD shuttlebay must be made accessible

szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
People probably asked for this before. But I think the current situation is a huge mistake.

Please make the ESD shuttlebay fully accessible again!

It was such a great and interesting place to walk around. You put so much effort into this and now you're sealing it off? Letting people only watch from the balcony is not nearly as impressive as walking between shuttlecrafts and seeing shuttles pass over your head. I think this would be a great place for roleplaying too.

As I understood it you would only have to put in one or two invisible walls at the farther end of the shuttlebay and it would be free for us to explore. Please do this!
Post edited by szim on

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Everyone says we put so much effort into this. We really didn't. Peter built that whole thing in a couple of days. It's very sloppy, has a lot of holes, and was NEVER intended for people to run around in.

The mistake made was not having it sealed off from the get-go.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In that case, Taco, kudos to Pete for slapping together any old thing well enough to get this kind of reaction. :)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Everyone says we put so much effort into this. We really didn't. Peter built that whole thing in a couple of days. It's very sloppy, has a lot of holes, and was NEVER intended for people to run around in.

Why do you have to come off as accountable you know the rules just say it was years worth of work and working as intended :)
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It wasn't a mistake. You don't need to kick yourself over that, Taco. :)

I had fun exploring all the cool nooks and crannies over on Tribble, even if it was just for two days. I was exploring. Exploring is fun.

I also get that it wasn't built to withstand close scrutinery. That much was obvious.

So, no, I don't really agree with this thread's message. It's backdrop. Let it stay backdrop.
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    umaeko wrote: »

I had fun exploring all the cool nooks and crannies over on Tribble, even if it was just for two days. I was exploring. Exploring is fun.

I also get that it wasn't built to withstand close scrutinery. That much was obvious.

So, no, I don't really agree with this thread's message. It's backdrop. Let it stay backdrop.

What he said. Much like SFA, where i have a picture of me sitting on the scenery across the bay. Looking at the backside of a set looks a lot like plywood.

I had my fun running around the open shuttlebay and getting stuck where I wasn't supposed to. So I say thanks for letting us play around, even if temporarily. I'm just sad I never figured out how to get out so I could sit on the Vesta while the invisowalls were missing
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

Slapped together in a few days :eek:.

Wow.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's pretty good for "slapped together in a few days".
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    umaeko wrote: »

Yup, it was a glorious couple of days. It's fine that it's sealed off now.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sarek93 wrote: »
    That's pretty good for "slapped together in a few days".

If you go in with /demorecord you can see that it's not quite as fully fleshed out as the view from the balcony makes it out to be. I haven't gone through there in a few builds, but the last one I was in there was no way those runabouts that you can partially see in their bays from the vista point can possibly make it in or out of there without being transported.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ]honestly i love the npc's you now see around the shuttle bay yet we missing two big things being able to go directly to the shuttle bay at starfleet academy and also one or two shuttles loading and unloading diplomats, cadets, and personel . maybe even a captains shuttle which i was suprised wasnt placed in there...[/COLOR][/COLOR] [/COLOR]
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It certainly looks great for having been built in such a short time. You should promote that guy! Yes it wasn't perfect yet and there were places in which you could get stuck or fall off the station but it's still a great looking map. And since it has been built it should be accessible. Otherwise it's kind of a waste.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    szim wrote: »
    ESD shuttlebay must be made accessible
    I humbly disagree. The reason that the devs have for not making it accessible are sound, IMHO.
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I humbly disagree. The reason that the devs have for not making it accessible are sound, IMHO.

Agreed, it will also allow them more time for other tune ups to the whole of ESD. I am happy for it to remain a vista view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Suggestion ... Put a bit more time into it and plug up the holes.

Then make it so that we can "take a shuttle" to fleet starbases and other holdings. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Agreed, it will also allow them more time for other tune ups to the whole of ESD. I am happy for it to remain a vista view.

Agreed. I like lots of background stuff, but that's all it should be, background stuff.