test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Activation Failure

Ok, so I believed what others had posted in the forums about legacy items still working on STO, and bought a NEW, unopened copy of STO: Collectors Edition.

1. I followed a link posted in the forum for activation of the key code (https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto) and entered my activation code.

2. I got a screen that said something to the effect that "you have entered a legacy code" and was redirected to another Cryptic activation page.

3. I entered the activation code, and was prompted to enter my computer "name": I don't recall having to do that when I installed ARC.

4. Since nothing apparently registered for a "30-day Gold subscription" (which is supposedly included in the CE), I assumed that the three 10-day triall passes were the 30-day, and entered all 3 of them.

5. Once I logged into the game server, there was absolutely no change to any of my characters' inventories (no red matter capacitor) nor were there any legacy unlocks in the C-store.

I suspect that there may be some disconnect between my game "computer name" and the name for the account activation, but I have no way of knowing this. Also, I have only one account & login to STO/ARC, so why would the account not register the items supposedly included in the collectors edition? I really need some help getting the CE benefits activated, or I can definitely say that ARC will never see another dime of my money...:mad:

EDIT: Hmmm... underwhelming response. Nvm, my Fleet Commander helped me sort it. All the features are now unlocked, and I'm satisfied that the purchase price, while inflated in the after-market, was still a reasonable value. "Nothing to see here, move along..."
Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
STO player since November 2013