test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some graphics settings won't save

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Ever since Season 9 build has been released on Tribble I cannot permanently change my Refresh Rate in the Graphics menu. I use 75Hz by default, yet the game keeps changing it back to 60Hz every time I close the graphics settings.

Some other options won't save as well, such as Max physical debris objects, which are set by default to 211 and won't accept any other number.
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Bumping the thread because the issue still persists:

My monitor's refresh rate is set to 75Hz by default. I play with 75Hz set on Holodeck.

http://i.imgur.com/hfQAU95.jpg - This is how I try to save my setting on Tribble.
    http://i.imgur.com/hKSs6bA.jpg - This is how the setting look like the moment I close the window, even after clicking Apply.

As such, the game resets my Refresh Rate to 60Hz every time I launch it.

This is happenning on some other options as well. For example, I cannot change "Max physics debris objects" number, as it keeps setting it to 211, even though I have it set on 100 on Holodeck. It just won't save it the way I want it.

Any reply? Or are we to assume this'll be going live on the 22.04 ?

EDIT:
    To be clear, after I click Appy the display is set at 75Hz, but only until I close the game. The moment I launch it again it's set to 60Hz once again.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Anything? No? This is going live like this?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    New patch, still not fixed.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aaaaaand not fixed...

Seriously, am I the only one experiencing this issue?

If not the refresh rate then please check out the "Max physics debris objects" setting. Regardless of what number I set it to, it'll always switch to default(?) 211 for some reason. The same thing is happening with the Refresh Rate for me, although most other options seem fine.

I've tried setting everything to default - nothing. Everything's fine on Holodeck (for now...).
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aaaaand nothing. Still can't get the game to remember my fullscreen refresh rate setthing.

One update though - it seems that the "Max physics debris objects" setting doesn't work when you type the number, but works when you use the slider itself.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've patched the Holodeck with Season 9 build and launched the client despite server being down. I'm happy to report that I was able to set my refresh rate without issues and the setting saved properly. I just hope it'll stay like this.

However, the issue still perstists on Tribble. Not sure if it was fixed since the last build or what, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    tomcat29tomcat29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it so frustating to keep changing the refresh rate over and over and over, at login.. set it, then game load up at space.. set it again... beam down to planet.. set it again.. argh.. everytime the screen loads up an area.. it keep reverting back to 60hz.. my monitor default is 120hz.. bugging me since 6 months.. i'm soon gonna call it quit if it not answered or fixed.
  • Options
    tomcat29tomcat29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    anything?