test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nerfbat is OP please Nerf

kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Ten Forward
Ok so as PWE takes the nerfbat of a thousand wasted dollars and hours to us with the loss of all ground abilities we earned since launch with this new and complex system of "welcome back to uselessness on the ground" I would like them to get a second "nerfbat of a thousand wasted hours and dollars" to their original one and maybe weaken Veteran players just a little less... Seriously Balance is not simply weakness, and if some one EARNS there way through hundreds of hours of play (like myself with 10 alts) to be somewhat effective on the ground in ELITE play, we deserve to keep the 0.0?% buffs we have earned. Reputation system? More like wasted time and effort system "we want new lvl 50s to be even keel to 4 year old lvl 50s" YEA thats "fair fun and balanced".....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they purchased just one twinkie with the money I've given them, I say money well spent sir.
  • saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry. To your point. I'm a fairly new player, but I agree in essence.

Seniority senor! More power to you that have been with them from go. Veteran rewards in EQ2 were amazing at times. And the events are cool. Different genre but I liked the depth they put into it. Hope they give you guys the same treatment.

That is sony though..big honking company with money and time to throw at games they've run for ten years plus.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    saihung423 wrote: »
    Sorry. To your point. I'm a fairly new player, but I agree in essence.

Seniority senor! More power to you that have been with them from go. Veteran rewards in EQ2 were amazing at times. And the events are cool. Different genre but I liked the depth they put into it. Hope they give you guys the same treatment.

That is sony though..big honking company with money and time to throw at games they've run for ten years plus.

I think this game has that decade plus kind of staying power, star trek is star trel after all, long term fans and huge earnings potential, as long as the Devs maintain a proper balance of attracting new and rewarding old. Ive been on since second day of launch, 1st day was too crazy for servers ( I knew that would happen) and the Beta changed hands too many times, I waited for this game for over 5 years.. now were years in and again hands changed too much for stability's mention.. I hope they recognize their model flaws and successes...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nerfing is UP, plz buff :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    Ok so as PWE takes the nerfbat of a thousand wasted dollars and hours to us with the loss of all ground abilities we earned since launch with this new and complex system of "welcome back to uselessness on the ground" I would like them to get a second "nerfbat of a thousand wasted hours and dollars" to their original one and maybe weaken Veteran players just a little less... Seriously Balance is not simply weakness, and if some one EARNS there way through hundreds of hours of play (like myself with 10 alts) to be somewhat effective on the ground in ELITE play, we deserve to keep the 0.0?% buffs we have earned. Reputation system? More like wasted time and effort system "we want new lvl 50s to be even keel to 4 year old lvl 50s" YEA thats "fair fun and balanced".....

Wait, people still do ground?

Joking aside, the rep changes they are doing in the name of balance are fine. The problem with ground is that it requires to actually use skill points in it, and Cryptic's "you're either better at ground or at space" skill tree limits players to invest more skill points in space because it's the more fun aspect of the game for most players. If you invest the max skill possible on ground, you're still much better compared to most players out there.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

Joking aside, the rep changes they are doing in the name of balance are fine. The problem with ground is that it requires to actually use skill points in it, and Cryptic's "you're either better at ground or at space" skill tree limits players to invest more skill points in space because it's the more fun aspect of the game for most players. If you invest the max skill possible on ground, you're still much better compared to most players out there.
    There's option C: don't max spec either. Choose what is most important and spec that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What is your problem with nerfbats? They are a fun and painless toy for hitting other people with.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    What is your problem with nerfbats? They are a fun and painless toy for hitting other people with.

ROLF!

hip63 :P
  • aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's option C: don't max spec either. Choose what is most important and spec that.

Thank you, that's exactly what I did, and I can hold my own in both for most situations.

Honestly, you don't need a lot of point allocations to survive ground combat as long as you know how to handle your weapons, but others may disagree with me.
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Munchkining FTW!
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Attempts to nerf the nerfbat will result in a singularity as the nerfbat attempts to nerf itself, pulling all nerf and nerf-like objects into itself and creating a supernerf mass. And nobody wants that...

Who am I kidding, soon as Hasbro figures out how to let me load my dart launchers with supernerf masses I'm set for life.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

I base most of my toons on ground combat, even CatStar himself has duty officers for melee and traits for ground setup so he can effectively use his naussican sword against ground enemys. Its mostely for RP purposes, but if they eliminate that, they kill the fun of playing a swashbuckler. :/
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think they should make the sold ships like they are in the shows and movies. Janeways shuttle and the voyager should have that armoring that lasts as long as it does on the show, and allows for beam weapons to be used while active like on the show, but at low frequency. The Scimitar should be able to fire cannons while cloaked, like in the movie at the same rate...not super rapid fire with buffs. That one BoP should be able to fire torps still without decloaking. But the homing torp should be able to one shot it like in the movie. The TOS connie should have "Miracle Engineer" as a given ability. The galaxy X should be able to fire its spinal lance as often as it did in the show, if i remember right, that was its only weapon. The defiants quad cannons should do double damage so they are like the ones on the show. Their should be a upgraded version of the Miranda that has the same weapons from TWOK.

The Borg Invasion sector mission should have one cube that can adjust to your beams like in the shows, forcing you to cycle your weapons just like you do your rifles. The fight would take just as long as fighting all those ships, only it will feel more real. The romulan flamethrower is plasma fire...it should NOT be adaptable for the borg! There should be a fencing foil for federaton, with a stun ability for parrying, and a new stance like Sulu used in that TOS episode.