test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experiment with Feasibility of Assassination using Telekinesis

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
There is an assignment that calls for a person with the title of "telekinesis". I am not talking about the skill, but literally the title of that individual is "telekinesis". For example, other people have the title "Security Officer" or "Engineer".

The assignment is called "Experiment with Feasibility of Assassination using Telekinesis". I looked on the exchange under every single duty officer heading, but nothing.

Any ideas where to find said person with said title?
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• Options
    ogitalogital Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's not a Title. It's a trait, I am using a purple Doff with Telekinesis for this assignment, but his name is not Telekinesis.
    I came to explore foreign Galaxies, and now I'm hunting Rabbits
  • Options
    captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    some Doff assignments requre a specific Doff trait. some require resolve, some require telepaths, some require telekinesis. this is referring to the trait, not a completely different department.

the best way to get this sort of Doff is to play the cardassian mission "facility 4028". as a reward from this mission you get a Doff box called "Duty Officer Requisition - Dominion Cadre"

from it, you'll get a vorta named "Dathan" who has the skill telekinesis. you also get two jem'hadar that are decent rare officers. i recommend you get this box, free rare or better Doffs are always worth grabbing.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ogital. No, it's not a trait. It's a Department.

58vwphcs3

What is the type of code we have to use to display images?

captainpirko, are those FED, KDF or ROM missions? Cardassian seems like it would be a FED? Or is it cross faction? I ran a Romulan character.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As much as I know it is a KDF mission, at least I see it always on my KDF but not on my FED

Maybe you need a special rewarded KDF Doff for that?

Edit: yes KDF mission
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As much as I know it is a KDF mission, at least I see it always on my KDF but not on my FED

Maybe you need a special rewarded KDF Doff for that?

Edit: yes KDF mission

I am aligned with the KDF, so I assume I will potentially have that option later on. If I need a special doff of course.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am aligned with the KDF, so I assume I will potentially have that option later on. If I need a special doff of course.

Read the mission Text carefully, maybe you need a Vorta? I am not sure now. Be sure to buy a KDF Doff with red background
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The mission only says something an experimentation using telekinesis against a prisoner. It does not mention anything about having to use a particular race.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ogital. No, it's not a trait. It's a Department.

58vwphcs3

Incorrect. It's a requirement. The lower green box is not referring to a department, it's referring to a requirement that a doff must meet in order to be a candidate for that slot in the assignment. In this case, it requires a doff with the Telekinesis trait. Vorta are the most common race with Telekinesis, though some other races may have it as well (some Remans, for example, and the doff from the end of the Project Chrysalis chain is a Human or Klingon with telekinetic and telepathic ability).

That lower box could, for another assignment, read "Explosives Expert," which is not a Department either, but a particular Specialization. The assignments at the Academies and Command Center for turning in several low-ranked doffs for one higher-ranked doff (or vice-versa) have the applicable ranks as the requirement. Another common trait requirement is "Resolve," which is a typical requirement for many of the green-highlighted assignments.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just looked at every single character. My brain might have confused telekinesis with telepathic. You know when your brain automatically tells you "this is what it is" because it completes the word, even when it's not that. I have a bunch of them with the telepathic trait. I think my brain told me it's telekinesis, even though the word telepathic was written. Now I feel silly -_-

Incorrect. It's a requirement. The lower green box is not referring to a department, it's referring to a requirement that a doff must meet in order to be a candidate for that slot in the assignment.

I thought it was the department. Thanks for clearing that out. My mistake.
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's a trait. I do that assignment all the time on my Klingon. Just slot one of my doffs with telekinesis into that slot and it's good.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You get the two Jem'Hadar and a Vorta from a storyline mission right? Wherever they come from, I've often used that freebie Vorta for missions that require telekinesis.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That's good to know guys :D I can't wait to get him, because that particular mission give a lot of Marauder XP, compared to the other missions that is :D