test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gift Ideas

captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey guys! So one of my friends from a different game started playing Sto about 7 months ago and I've been helping him out with things before he can get rep equipment. I got him an aegis set and an IDIC tribble. I was originally going to get him a temporal destroyer (I have a sort of deal going on with him and 3 other friends) since the ship deal is going to take a few months due to 4 people trying to get 94mil each ships :p I want to get him something more obtainable. The game has several unique items available on the exchange such as the photonic tactical officer (which I am considering getting him)... Basically I'm asking if there are any useful things I haven't discovered yet on the exchange :p. I'm a starfleet tac and he is a romulan engineer (fed allied). Any suggestions ideas are welcomed below 60 million. Thanks!
Post edited by captainkirk300 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Plasmonic Leech... Probably the best gift you can give any FED player, within a reasonable price
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys! So one of my friends from a different game started playing Sto about 7 months ago and I've been helping him out with things before he can get rep equipment. I got him an aegis set and an IDIC tribble. I was originally going to get him a temporal destroyer (I have a sort of deal going on with him and 3 other friends) since the ship deal is going to take a few months due to 4 people trying to get 94mil each ships :p I want to get him something more obtainable. The game has several unique items available on the exchange such as the photonic tactical officer (which I am considering getting him)... Basically I'm asking if there are any useful things I haven't discovered yet on the exchange :p. I'm a starfleet tac and he is a romulan engineer (fed allied). Any suggestions ideas are welcomed below 50 million. Thanks!

Well, if he's a fed allied Romulan, the best gift you can get him is a plasmonic leech, or as i like to call it the antidote to -10 powers levels console.

It's probably a mite more than 50 million though, but that amount of cash gets you 25 keys more or less.

That's be a 100 lobi guaranteed, and if you open Tal Shiar boxes, 25 chances of a free leech.

100 lobi would get you some fun stuff from that store.

And, you never know your luck and could get an Adapted Destroyer

Not recommending this approach as the min maxed way to get cool stuff, but it could be fun!
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Well, if he's a fed allied Romulan, the best gift you can get him is a plasmonic leech, or as i like to call it the antidote to -10 powers levels console.

It's probably a mite more than 50 million though, but that amount of cash gets you 25 keys more or less.

That's be a 100 lobi guaranteed, and if you open Tal Shiar boxes, 25 chances of a free leech.

100 lobi would get you some fun stuff from that store.

And, you never know your luck and could get an Adapted Destroyer

Not recommending this approach as the min maxed way to get cool stuff, but it could be fun!

I actually opened about 20 of those to get lobis (Dili dxchange) I got a silk scarf to sell and a relativity stasis pistol (which is extremely helpful) and for the leech... Just how useful is it (never used)
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I actually opened about 20 of those to get lobis (Dili dxchange) I got a silk scarf to sell and a relativity stasis pistol (which is extremely helpful) and for the leech... Just how useful is it (never used)

OMG, the leech is useful in one of two ways.

Sells for a fortune on the exchange is one of them.

The second is that its effect is to continually buff your power levels while you fire at someone with energy weapons.

Thus, depending on your flow caps skill, they lose power across the board and you gain it.

Think what that does for a Romulan character with some skill in flow caps.

It essentially neutralises the -10 to each power system they trade for singularity powers.

And drains their enemies.

Awesome console.
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow. I could spec into that XD anyways thanks for the suggestion :p