test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's time to Slap Back!

snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
"Yo, you slap me and I'll slap you back!"
-- EPMD, Get the Bozack

With those 5 words Eric and Parrish Making Dollars set the rap industry ablaze in the late 1980s.

And now it's time for you, yes you, to stand up and remix that sentiment fellow STO player.

You see Cryptic has slapped you in the face yet another time. Those dastardly devs are just rock em sock em roboting you right in the kisser. Tossing a cream pie right in your face like you are a clown and this is a 1960s kids show. Some of you are getting slapped in the face and you don't even know it!

But fear not. For the righteous and upright among you have finally had enough.

No more slaps!

It's time to slap back!

What am I talking about? Well, in caes you missed it, I'm talking about Gozer's dev blog about the changes to reputation powers. The blog where they nerf you, every last one of you, of your hard earned powers. And take away all that was good and useful about the reputation system.

Or to quote a fellow STO player:

"Anyone trying to defend this by saying it's not a nerf is an idiot. ... this change is a slap in the face to those of us who have put the time in."

Needless to say, the overwhelming response from those of us who have taken this slap right to the meaty part of the cheek is that this means Rep Grinding is dead.

That's right. You heard it. Dead. Gone. Bye bye. There's no longer any incentive whatsoever to grab another queue, sink another mark or buy another hypo.

Inspired by this post, I have brain stormed with the finest minds the playerbase has to offer and hand crafted a response for all of us!

Now I'm not saying we boycott Cryptic, or anything as crazy as that.

I'm saying we take passive, but keen and wholehearted resistance! We slap them in the face for once, with our skills!

Yes, that's right, I'm advocating we show just how much incentive the rep system lacks by getting rid of every last vestige of it from our characters!

Like Public Enemy in the summer of 1989, we fight the powers that be, and here's what we do ...

We just de-equip all reputation gear. Every last bit of it. No more Maco set. No more Honor Guard set. No more Kinetic Cutting Beam. No more gravimetric photons. None. Nada. Zilch!

Take all of the gear you've gotten from it and put it in your bank to rot.

Go set-free! In protest!

Let Cryptic know you'll never use this junk again and never do anything ever to get another piece of this junk. You're tired of being slapped in the face. So break the chains and free yourself from your gear. No more Cutting Beams! No more Gravimetric Torps! All of it, gone. In the bank to rot.

Or if you're super zealous, just discard it. Send all of it to vapor land. And be done with this whole mess of a system. Stand tall, stand proud, rep free!

Also when this change goes live, don't even equip any traits. Leave them slots EMPTY!

Rise up folks! Remove all traces of this tainted time sink from your character!

We stand together and we slap you back!

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]