test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advanced Obelisk detail

rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
Not sure if I have the right subforum, as its a cross faction ship.

So, to the mods, my apologies and feel free to move this wherever it needs to go.

I'm doing my due diligence on what to buy with the large stack of lobi i have accumulated.

One of the options is the advanced obelisk.

I do have one smallish query.

The synergy from its unique space set allows your pets to benefit from your Ep2X powers.

My question is, do the pet benefits get bigger with higher ranked Ep2Xs?

Thus, do the pets get a bigger bump from Ep2w2 than Ep2w1?
Post edited by rinkster on

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does nobody know?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pets as a rule do not benefit from consoles and such. there are a few powers that have a fleet effect. EPT/? has no effect on pets. I have tagged pets before and hit EPTS instead of TSS and nada happened

for me the only useful aspect of the advanced is that the extra tac slot

that said instead of the adv Ori, I would buy a JHDC, just sayin. go to tribble and get them, that way you can test drive before you buy
    sig.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pets as a rule do not benefit from consoles and such. there are a few powers that have a fleet effect. EPT/? has no effect on pets. I have tagged pets before and hit EPTS instead of TSS and nada happened

for me the only useful aspect of the advanced is that the extra tac slot

that said instead of the adv Ori, I would buy a JHDC, just sayin. go to tribble and get them, that way you can test drive before you buy

As it happens, the two ships in the frame are the JHDC and the Adv Obelisk.
    Biggest drawback to the JHDC is that, essentially, it'll cost me 200 more lobi as i'll want to upgrade the Jem set to mk XII.

And you're right about pets being, generally, unaffected by ship powers.

However, the advanced obelisk comes with a handy dandy console that completes a set with the 360 AP beam and the obelisk warp core.

The set 3 bonus is called Enhanced Carrier synergy and what that does, according to STOwiki is, 'activating any merergency power ability causes your hanger pets to activate a weaker version of this'.

Which is awesome, pity the console is bound to Obelisks.

Thing is, I'm not sure if this means the pets get a standard weak EPtX no matter what version i pop, or does it scale to the version i activate.