test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sometimes can't invite using right-click menu

supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
Lately, some of my fleet members are asking to join my missions, of which I realise the faction restrictions. If I get an error message, they're either on cooldown for it or are on the opposing side, depending on the mission.

But for some days, I can't invite people with the right-click menu; I have to type out their name in the Invite menu or check their name from the list of friends' @handles or fleet, which is fine, but can be a little frustrating when the chatbox starts filling.

I'd like to know if there's anything my fleetmates or I could do to alleviate this occasional issue.
Post edited by supergaminggeek on

Comments

• astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This happens often for myself and my fleetmates.
    When it does someone almost always says: "Wecome to beta"

A work around for this, in the case where you have at least one other player already teamed with you, is to ask the player who you want to join your team to right click you and request to join the team. You'll get a popup box giving you the option to accept or decline them as a teammate.
    This does not work in a case where you are alone and not teamed.

In the case where you are alone and not already teamed, you will have to ask the player you want to join your team to logout and back again. This is quicker if they make like they are about to change characters, and reselect the character they are already logged in as. If the character change method does not work, then a full logout, login should do the trick. (Note, this is a logout, login, not a game exit.)

Good luck...
    ...and welcome to beta! ;)
  • sgcdiallersgcdialler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whenever that happens I just go to the chat box and type "/invite player@handle" (w/o quotes of course). Works every time. Unless they're in another team. In which case, they get laughed at and then invited. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    them typing /unhide helps also at times. but not always. relogging fixes it if they are "hidden" that bug anyway is a lft bug from way back
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84