test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Custom Kit Tailor Options - [Picture]

sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
As already seen in the Video of the Doctor we now have Custom Kits on Tribble. But what not everybody knows is, that the Visual Option now is Tailor Changeable. Meaning Not only can you slot custom Powers onto the Kits. You can also make them look like you want. it takes a Uniform Slot in the Tailor and is listed as you can see here. Different Kits can be inter-changable meaning only the Visuals (not the powers),now you finally can have the fancy Holographic Armour from the SCI Kit and give it n your Tac toon with different color options also.

Also the armours are now a Tailor Option. Again the powers are seperated this is ONLY for the visual effect.

New Custom Kit Tailor Options

YAY!

Great move Cryptic, i really like the idea of more customization
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sophus84at on

Comments

• uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is that uniform options only? It can't be how you choose your kit powers.

Yes it is. Slotting in kit powers is completely seperate. Watch the video the OP mentioned by the doctor, the thread should be on the front page still.

I really like the detail the kit customisation goes into! I'm looking forward to seeing all sorts of weird and wonderful combinations :)
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    As already seen in the Video of the Doctor we now have Custom Kits on Tribble. But what not everybody knows is, that the Visual Option now is Tailor Changeable. Meaning Not only can you slot custom Powers onto the Kits. You can also make them look like you want. it takes a Uniform Slot in the Tailor and is listed as you can see here. Different Kits can be inter-changable meaning only the Visuals (not the powers),now you finally can have the fancy Holographic Armour from the SCI Kit and give it n your Tac toon with different color options also.

Also the armours are now a Tailor Option. Again the powers are seperated this is ONLY for the visual effect.

New Custom Kit Tailor Options

YAY!

Great move Cryptic, i really like the idea of more customization

That is awesome, do Roms/KDF get them too?

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hot damn, I can finally get the science holo-stuff on my tactical??!!! :eek: :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aye, im also Tac, and wearing the holo armour. only thing is.. no red color option for the holo field...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Character creation and customisation are THE most important things for me in STO so having these new options added is a great idea and I applaud Cryptic for it!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I sure wish pictures got posted in places that didn't get blocked at work and listed as NSFW... Will have to wait 'till I get home to see the pic you posted...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited March 2014
    aye, im also Tac, and wearing the holo armour. only thing is.. no red color option for the holo field...

the top 'reseacher' holo armour in yellow looks like the Mass Effect 'Tech Armour' power

(fed) roms have what is to me a new pallet that with ultra hot pink on the glows

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can the kit visuals be used on boffs aswell?
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    exa12 wrote: »
    That is awesome, do Roms/KDF get them too?

Haven't checked Roms yet, but the KDF gets a battered look to their equipment. Didn't check to see if every Kit option was battered or just certain ones. Some of the kit options and Armor suit options seem to be available for Bridge Officers, but not as many as our Captains get.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited March 2014

They have blue and yellow color options in different shades. They really need red color options for the holo armor options.
    y1arXbh.png

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can the kit visuals be used on boffs aswell?

A limited number, yes. It's been guessed by testers that the number of kit visuals you get are linked to rank.

Second, KDF get fewer options but anything is an improvement there, right?
    edited March 2014
    all(most) of the armours (less feet) have been added too

• vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are they accessible by bridge officers or captains only?

*edit ah, yes but limited. thanks.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, those expensive Dyson Mk XII kits I recently bought was all for nought? :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    So, those expensive Dyson Mk XII kits I recently bought was all for nought? :(

The Spire kits? They'll still work, exactly like before.
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for my self i like to have my captains and boff in uniforms with kit visuals. after all most of the time star trek when were super fancy visuals kit were shown. simple thing like belst and small holster yes but not over the top kits were seen much in star trek
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    as far as havign custmizible kits in star trek online i hope that there will be options for cross career kit powers so that it could be possible to have hybrid career powers
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Spire kits? They'll still work, exactly like before.

Hmm, I thought they were gonna revamp all kits?! Guess not all of them, then. Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Hmm, I thought they were gonna revamp all kits?! Guess not all of them, then. Thx.

Old kits are exactly as they are before. However, there are new spire kits that have 1 power already slotted in. Those will likely give the new visuals people are talking about in the tailor. It's just the old ones that won't have the looks to them.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Neat! Now, how can I get that Alternate Future com badge?
    edited March 2014
    The devs have mentioned trying to figure out some way to trade your old Fleet Kits for the new ones. I am not aware of new kits giving new visuals. All the current kit cosmetics are currently available in the Tailor and not by having some unique kit.

Subscribe for 100 days or purchase a Lifetime Subscription.
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope they do manage that exchange of kits or what a kick in the teeth for all those who have bought the current fleet ones. Yeah you can have your IV power but if you want any of the customisability you have to go and get huge amounts of FC again.
    edited March 2014
    paspinall wrote: »
    I hope they do manage that exchange of kits or what a kick in the teeth for all those who have bought the current fleet ones. Yeah you can have your IV power but if you want any of the customisability you have to go and get huge amounts of FC again.

Or they could use a contact that reimburses us for the cost of the Fleet Kit. Some people might get more dilithium through that method due to being in a Fleet with a Tier 3 Mine.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2014
    Now the question comes to mind can you mix and match kit cosmetics? -.-
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014

The 'All Good Things' costume pack in the C-Store.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You can mix and match as much as you want. It's all broken down into belts, arm pieces, hands, back etc, and you can pick from different pieces regardless of career.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2014

if you take a look at the picture you would see it states in the different lines: ENG/SCI or TAC so yes the pictured kit is intentionally mixed already so this question wouldn't arise.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]