test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official feedback thread for the new Earth Space Dock

Comments

• darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kylelocke wrote: »
    I only mentioned it because it is starting to feel and look a bit crowded in that corner

personally, i think its a decent notion, but i don't recall the current ESD having an open conference room. there are fleets with perfectly good conference rooms, and lastly, there are all of the lounger areas in the main and upper levels available.

the admiral has an impressive, but not terribly large office. better to move them and free up the space fo rhte admiral.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    darlexa wrote: »
    personally, i think its a decent notion, but i don't recall the current ESD having an open conference room. there are fleets with perfectly good conference rooms, and lastly, there are all of the lounger areas in the main and upper levels available.

the admiral has an impressive, but not terribly large office. better to move them and free up the space fo rhte admiral.

Agreed. With the 'special projects' for fleet bases, we now have three of these conference areas in fleet holdings. One on the starbase, one at the embassy, and one at the spire. I would really prefer to have the one on ESD being 'used' by the NPCs, instead of having them in the Admiral's office.

I know if I were the Admiral, I wouldn't want to have random officers standing around in my personal office when there is a perfectly good conference room sitting empty not 10 metres away.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Odyssey is already flying around, as well as a couple other ships. Haven't seen the Challenger or the Rhode Island, though.

I was talking about the actual Earth space map, the one you warp from sector space into.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't found "Egg" yet... is he going away or did I just miss him?
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I'll be sad to see those TOS uniforms go. Especially if they're all replaced by the "modern" designs and not C-store/canon uniforms.
    edited March 2014
    Please, PLEASE, PLEASE leave the ones in the "storefront window" section TOS? Yes, put contemporary uniforms on the mannequins inside the shop but those you first see should be FASHION and STYLE and not practicality.

The TOS uniforms are timeless classics, and should remain on display as the beautiful works of art they are. Just in the window, not the rest. I beg of you.

this is a good idea.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wife likes it, she says it looks a lot better then the old station, my issues are small, I want the wet drippy after playing in the water and more opportunity for may caitian to explorer, like on the old station.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Noticing some points in the most recent Tribble update (ST.40.20140316a.12).
    • There seems to be an apparent change in brightness when you come around the bend into the OPS center. It becomes a few shades lighter.
    • Did Linnea drop that pad under the Admiral's desk? ;)
    • The ambient station audio (waterfall sounds, infirmary, PA announcements seem to be controlled in the interface volume slider vs, say ambient volume. Is this intentional?
    • The signage is awesome. Some issues with letters being cut off (the Infirmar[y] sign above the Medical Officer's office etc).
    • The backing of the blue/grey reclined seats is missing, causing them to be see-through.
    • The two saluting crewman don't have their feet placed on the on the step in front of the OPS water wall.
    • The docking speed reduction seems to be in effect across

Can we get any insights into what 'uniform' uniform candidates the team is considering for ESD personnel?

I hope Season 9 will launch with a *taps combadge three times* emote so we can comply with the new ESD safety in the event of decompression procedures! :)
  • tjknight69tjknight69 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Suggesting's regarding Club 47 looking like a fun place if your a Vulcan or Borg. Upon entering on the first level on the left where the door is how about adding the Bar since the door goes to sickbay and change the wording on it to liquor room or something. Next on the middle tier between 1st and 2nd level remove the door and put the DJ and his console their. As far as the dance floor, you can remove the tree and put back the multicolor flooring on the first floor center.
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On a related note, I noticed that the displays on the Aquarius bridge now show the LCARS from ESD.
  • tjknight69tjknight69 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Suggestion for a special console on New ESB in the conference room or in the lounge, where a player can view current players playing STF's and PVP's as a spectator to learn to properly play a mission. It would require an option to let someone view you playing and could toggle to show equipment and/or abilities. I believe it would be a good way to teach players how to do STF's without causing a team to fail objectives.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    norcaler2 wrote: »
    On a related note, I noticed that the displays on the Aquarius bridge now show the LCARS from ESD.

Hadn't checked, but the First Contact Day blog shows the Enterprise-F using them, I assume that's intentional to foster fleet unity.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nynik wrote: »
    Noticing some points in the most recent Tribble update (ST.40.20140316a.12).
    • There seems to be an apparent change in brightness when you come around the bend into the OPS center. It becomes a few shades lighter.
    • Did Linnea drop that pad under the Admiral's desk? ;)
    • The ambient station audio (waterfall sounds, infirmary, PA announcements seem to be controlled in the interface volume slider vs, say ambient volume. Is this intentional?
    • The signage is awesome. Some issues with letters being cut off (the Infirmar[y] sign above the Medical Officer's office etc).
    • The backing of the blue/grey reclined seats is missing, causing them to be see-through.
    • The two saluting crewman don't have their feet placed on the on the step in front of the OPS water wall.
    • The docking speed reduction seems to be in effect across

Can we get any insights into what 'uniform' uniform candidates the team is considering for ESD personnel?

I hope Season 9 will launch with a *taps combadge three times* emote so we can comply with the new ESD safety in the event of decompression procedures! :)

Yeah 'cause sometimes the conversations in ESD heat up and I open a window to let some fresh air in. It always gets suddenly quite after that for some reason.....
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Hadn't checked, but the First Contact Day blog shows the Enterprise-F using them, I assume that's intentional to foster fleet unity.

I wouldn't mind it, but I and someone I know noticed what's there now is rather...faint, like you can barely see them in comparison to what's on Holodeck.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    norcaler2 wrote: »

That's because those consoles are standard types seen around other bridges and the game. Some bridges ended up with the new LCARS look on consoles that are the same type as other bridges, while the rest of the consoles on the bridge, like the large panels on the walls, weren't touched. It ended up looking half finished.

I'm still hoping tacofangs can get some time to go through ship bridges and update the consoles either to the new LCARS look or something more canon and specific for certain bridges.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think its time for a change and get rid of all those generic uniforms on the npc's ... they should all use the odyssey uniform and some cadet uniforms also. this will finally give it a real trek feel ... this goes for all contacts also.. red=command yellow = engineering security blue= science green medical .. this is the way it was ment to be
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does the lighting on new ESD match the option in the Tailor for selecting ESD lighting?
    switchngc wrote: »
    I haven't found "Egg" yet... is he going away or did I just miss him?

I haven't found him either...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does the lighting on new ESD match the option in the Tailor for selecting ESD lighting?

I don`t think so.

It looked different to me. New ESD is brighter and less diffuse.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I don`t think so.

It looked different to me. New ESD is brighter and less diffuse.

There is an issue with the lighting in the command area, I reported it a few pages back. The lighting shifts dramatically brighter when walking round the corner to command but it is delayed. It will also disappear if you go see Quinn after that is gone till you go round the corner again.

Taco, have you had a chance to look at the Prometheus/Academy chairs instead of the Sovereign captain chairs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Something I've noticed with last Friday's update, the BEAUTIFUL massive Starfleet Emblem with To Boldly Go in Latin on it where the Voth is standing.....it has become dark. It used to have a spotlight or something on it, now it's kind of hard to see it.
    Please, PLEASE, PLEASE leave the ones in the "storefront window" section TOS? Yes, put contemporary uniforms on the mannequins inside the shop but those you first see should be FASHION and STYLE and not practicality.

The TOS uniforms are timeless classics, and should remain on display as the beautiful works of art they are. Just in the window, not the rest. I beg of you.
    They're a V-neck sweater and black cropped pants. This is the 25th century. The Odyssey uniform or the Veteran Jupiter should take prominence. At the minimal the starter Sierra and Antares. Ideally you would use the Uniform History special project as the walkway to the tailor but there's not space for that.
    That's because those consoles are standard types seen around other bridges and the game. Some bridges ended up with the new LCARS look on consoles that are the same type as other bridges, while the rest of the consoles on the bridge, like the large panels on the walls, weren't touched. It ended up looking half finished.

I'm still hoping tacofangs can get some time to go through ship bridges and update the consoles either to the new LCARS look or something more canon and specific for certain bridges.
    It's truly jarring seeing the the normal multi-colored consoles and then have the GIGANTIC back display walls still in the dull monotone blue.
    There is an issue with the lighting in the command area, I reported it a few pages back. The lighting shifts dramatically brighter when walking round the corner to command but it is delayed. It will also disappear if you go see Quinn after that is gone till you go round the corner again.

Taco, have you had a chance to look at the Prometheus/Academy chairs instead of the Sovereign captain chairs?

That does make sense though, the command side where Admiral Quinn is is facing the sun. Logically it's going to be substantially brighter than the protected enclosed docking bay.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014

No, the tailor option was set up to look like old ESD. But that's a good point. I'll try to fix that up.

The "lighting" change is actually the reflection cubemap changing from the concourse to Ops. Unfortunately there is no way to have them cross fade, it will always pop like that.

No, haven't had a chance to look at chairs. Too many other priorities so far.

captaind3 wrote: »
    Something I've noticed with last Friday's update, the BEAUTIFUL massive Starfleet Emblem with To Boldly Go in Latin on it where the Voth is standing.....it has become dark. It used to have a spotlight or something on it, now it's kind of hard to see it.

Yes, the light there broke for some reason. It's fixed now.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Yes, the light there broke for some reason. It's fixed now.

So, how many environment artists does it take to change a lightbulb? :P
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    Taco, has there been any discussion about moving the Captain's Table to ESD?

I was looking at those big doors on the upper balcony the other night and they would be perfect entrances. All you'd have to do would be to replace the skyfile out the windows with the ESD one.

Obviously something would have to be done from the Klingon side. Haven't thought that through yet.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    We've talked about (and most devs are cool with) moving the entrance for the Captain's Table to the club (when it's done), but the captain's table itself would not move, just the door.

I fixed that one myself, so I guess 1?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    Cool, just seems a lot more convenient if it's somewhere on ESD (not sure why, just a feeling). KDF entrance could be in the First City bar.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014

LOL
    tacofangs wrote: »
    The "lighting" change is actually the reflection cubemap changing from the concourse to Ops. Unfortunately there is no way to have them cross fade, it will always pop like that.

No, haven't had a chance to look at chairs. Too many other priorities so far.

Good to know, thanks.
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Taco, has there been any discussion about moving the Captain's Table to ESD?

I was looking at those big doors on the upper balcony the other night and they would be perfect entrances. All you'd have to do would be to replace the skyfile out the windows with the ESD one.

Obviously something would have to be done from the Klingon side. Haven't thought that through yet.

Yes, discussed lots in a few of these pages. It seems the current direction is to have a door on ESD that takes you to the Captains Table map. I am sure there will be more on this once ESD reaches its final stages. Of course I don't presume to speak for Taco here :P

EDIT: Ninja'd by Taco :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The potted plants in Requisitions/Exchange have a lot of them sitting too low in the pot and they are clipping through the side walls. You also have two that are not sitting too low and don't clip.

Clipping:
    Exchange Sample

Requisitions Sample

Not Clipping:
    Exchange Sample

Requisitions Sample
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Sign over the Chief Medical Officer's Office is cut off.

Infirmary
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love that I can park my Vesta in a dry dock now!

I noticed that there is still the whiteout effect around where the old Earth model used to be when you fly through that bit of space.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    edited April 2014

could it be that they have sunlight coming in through the window in the command area?