test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New MU Queue; Thoughts and Opinions

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
Okay, just finished my first run though of the new MU event. My thoughts thus far. Feel free to chime in with your own opinions.

• + The Expertise payout is roughly similar to what you might get on the old MU event for a single run. That is to say, I recall getting between 10-15k on a run on the old one, whereas I got 10k expertise for this one. With that sort of Expertise payout, it pisses all over any other PvE queue in the game and any mission replay reward in terms of Expertise. And it means I can play the game and earn the expertise I need without resorting to Doffing and slipping into a coma.
  • + The marks are pretty fair for an elite run. Bearing in mind I have no idea if we actually did well or not, but 66 Marks is not to be frowned upon.
  • + It only has a 25 minute cooldown, unlike other Elite level PvE queues.
  • + It's fun.
  • + DAT KIRK.

That being said;
  • - It's long. I mean, compared to the old one, really long. I can already say for certain that not all of my toons will get Mirror Hakeev, as i'm not going to do this nine times a day for the next two weeks. That being said, my main, main Rom and my alt Fed (who needs expertise anyway) probably will.
  • - Depsite what was said, it's clearly geared toward DPS. Destroying ships makes the mission objective progress faster, so the quicker you can kill ships, the quicker you can complete the mission.
  • - You can't skip the final rifts. You have to close them all or the Dreadnought just sits there at 0% health until you do.
  • - It's not going to be around after three weeks, which makes me sad.
  • - It has a 25 minute cooldown, compared to the old one's zero minute cooldown.
  • - The station's "Plasma Lance" uses the Phaser Lance FX. What gives?
  • - No Mirror Odyssey. I was disappoint.
  • - Dilithium rewards for Elite are only 480. While it's less of a big deal, I think - for an Elite level map - 960 would be more appropriate.
  • - It has an instance-breaking bug.

All in all, excellent work all round, now leave it in the damn game.
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif